Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum Wedding - Calling litabelaqua and summermistx3!

1_wedding_announce_zps53d46cc2.png

We’re hitching our wagons together!

Hey everyone! Welcome to our celebration! Ra345 and I are throwing a forum wedding, and because you all are so sweet, kind, and consistently amazing in every way, you’re invited! That’s right, all of you. All you have to do is show up, be yourselves, and have fun! Giving us an RSVP is encouraged though, but more on that later on.

Nana: Ra proposed to me during this month’s Flash Mob. I nearly fainted from excitement. I, of course, said “Yes!” My father always said a city girl like me should settle down with a good, country boy--and Ra’s Eric is just that. Just look at him, Simmers! Couldn’t you just die?!

We immediately secured August’s wonderful and supportive Flash Mob hostesses, Idontrcall and Misteygirl, to serve as our Maids of Honor at the Big Event. We’re so honored to have them as part of our Wedding Party and we’d be equally as honored if you’d join us!

Come on in and join the party! It’s sure to be a lot of fun, but it will be even more fun if you come along, too! Keep reading to find out about how to win prizes, along with weekly lotteries and mini-contests (and the rules, of course).

The Wedding Party:
* Ra345 (The Groom) - Eric Ra435 - Custard-checked/CC-Free!
* Nanatorium (The Bride) - Nana Bryde - Custard-checked/CC-Free!
* Idontrcall (Maid of Honor) - Lala Cupcake - Custard-checked/CC-Free!
* misteygirl (Maid of Honor) - Mistey Sparkle - Custard-checked/CC-Free!

Links to Sections:
Post 01: Introduction
Post 02: Rules
Post 03: Party Favours (Prizes)
Post 04: Current Lotteries & Contests
Post 05: The Guest List
Post 06: Winners
Post 07: The Wedding Album
Post 08: Random other stuff (if needed)

Comments

• Options
    NanatoriumNanatorium Posts: 3,445 Member
    edited August 2013
    2_wedding_rules_zps4f13aaf2.png

GENERAL RULES:

1.) This weekly lottery and photo contest will run for Three Weeks. We will be accepting entries to be considered for the lotteries throughout the run of this event until it the final lottery in Week Three has concluded.

2.) To enter, please post the following text: “I've received my invitation, and would like to RSVP that I will be attending!”

3.) If you would like to nominate a fellow Simmer as your “Plus One,” please post this text instead: “I've received my invitation, and would like to RSVP that I will be attending! My Plus One is -enter name here-"

4.) Have fun! Be as silly as you want! This is a celebration! Please be nice to your fellow simmers. If any guest exhibits rude or disrespectful behavior, you will be dis-invited from the wedding. We don't need any bad karma or anyone stirring-up drama! Chatting and posting of fun western- and/or country-themed inspiration as well as wedding-related pics is encouraged! That being said...

5.) No quoting of pics! Please remove any images if you are quoting someone and post only pics no larger than 640x480 pixels. Please take great care and do not break the thread. We don't want to have to postpone the wedding!

6.) Everyone who attends the wedding or is nominated will only have their name counted as one (1) entry, even if they are nominated multiple times. This gives everyone a fair opportunity to win. :)

WEEKLY LOTTERY RULES:

1.) Throughout the run of the event (even while the other lotteries and mini-contests are running), anyone who simply posts the text above in General Rules is put on the "Guest List" and is eligible for all current and subsequent lotteries and mini contests.

2.) However, if a guest "wins" a weekly lottery their name is removed from subsequent lotteries so everyone else has a fair shot at winning something.

3.) The *only* exception to above rule is the Week Two lottery: "Catch the Bouquet" - everyone is eligible to win this coveted prize. (No pushing or shoving, however! LOL!)

4.) If a guest wins multiple "Party Favours" from either the lotteries or any of the Mini Contests, they can choose to cash-in or bank their winnings.

5.) Winners of "Party Favours" will be gifted items from their wishlists, or they can gift these winnings to other simmers if they choose.

PHOTO CONTEST RULES:

1.) You must attend the wedding (see General Rules above) in order to participate in the Photo Contest.

2.) Please see the top of the Current Lotteries & Contests post below for the current weekly list of lotteries and contests running. The rules and instructions for each Weekly Photo Contest will also be posted there.

CAS-ing for the Guest List Rules:

If you would like to upload a Sim or Self-Sim to “attend the wedding,” please use the following entry form. This part is super-optional (purely for fun), will not be judged, and will not affect any other contest or lottery in any way. However, Nana and Ra will be sure to “thank” all the Sims in attendance (with rec’s). Also, we assume those entering any Photo Contests are free to download any Sims for use in their pictures!

Include the following:
    "I’m all gussied-up for The Big Day!"
    Username:
    Sim’s name:
    Link to Sim:
    -insert Photo of Sim in their Formal Wear- (optional - please only 1 photo no larger than 640x480 pixels)

Remember that other guests may want to download your Sim for their pictures and/or simply to use in their game in the future. With that in mind, there are a few, simple rules to keep this clean and fun for everyone!
    1.) No CC
    2.) No CAP
    3.) Store Content is allowed (as long as it is still available to obtain from the store for those who may not yet have the items. So no special promotional items, please)
    4.) CAS items from any and all EPs and SPs is allowed.
    5.) Please use the above form when posting your Sim for the Guest List!
    *We will be custard-checking all Sims on the Guest List!*
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    3_wedding_prizes_zpseec64e9e.png

PRIZES!!!

* Daily Draw - One daily randomized winner from The Guest List - 25sp daily (Saturday, August 24 - Saturday, September 7)
    * Two Weekly Lotteries - Two randomized winners from The Guest List - 100 SimPoints each winner, each week
    * One Special Weekly Lottery (“Catch the Bouquet”) - One randomized winner from The Guest List - 500 SimPoints
    * Two Optional Weekly Photo Contests - The best photo from each contest (chosen by Ra and Nana) - 200 SimPoints each

Total Party Favour (Prize) Pool: 1675sp

Daily Draw!

Throwing a wedding is a lot of work, and can involve many people helping out. Each day Ra will be randomly selecting one person to receive 25sp for assisting us, whether it is in preparation for our wedding or on the actual day. You can bank these points, give them to a friend, or allow Ra to spend them on you now. These drawings will occur between 8pm and 10pm EST each day starting Saturday, August 24, and ending Saturday, September 7.

Weekly Lotteries:

WEEK ONE Lottery – The top Two randomized winners from the current Guest List will receive 100sp each to be drawn at the end of Week One on Saturday, August 24 at approximately 12pm EST.

WEEK TWO Lottery - *SPECIAL WEDDING EDITION* - "Catch the Bouquet" - One randomized winner from the current Guest List will receive 500sp to be drawn at the end of Week Two on Saturday, August 31 at approximately 12pm EST.

WEEK THREE Lottery – The top Two randomized winners from the current Guest List will receive 100sp each to be drawn at the end of Week Three on Saturday, September 7 at approximately 12pm EST. (Winners from Weeks One and Two are exempt from this drawing).

Mini Photo Contests for The Wedding Album:

Note: Please only post the pictures relevant to the contest currently running that week! These contests are optional for all guests and do not affect your entry in the lotteries in any way.

WEEK TWO “The Big Day” Photo Contest - Our favorite photo from this mini-contest will be chosen and posted in The Wedding Album. The Simmer who took the photo will receive 200sp. This winner will be chosen by Ra and Nana at the end of Week Two on Saturday, August 31 at approximately 12pm EST.

WEEK THREE “The Honeymoon” Photo Contest - Our favorite photo from this mini-contest will be chosen and posted in The Wedding Album. The Simmer who took the photo will receive 200sp. This winner will be chosen by Ra and Nana at the end of Week Three on Saturday, September 7 at approximately 12pm EST.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    4_wedding_current_zps9b259230.png

Thank you everyone for participating!

• Options
    Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited September 2013
    5_wedding_guestlist_zps8372b6ec.png

1. Idontrcall - Lala Cupcake - Custard-checked, CC-free!
    2. misteygirl - Mistey Sparkle - Custard Checked, CC-free!
    3. Altoni - Alisa Yarley - Custard Checked, CC-free! - The Big Day - The Honeymoon
    4. ErnesaT - Letitia Puddles - Custard Checked, CC-free!
    5. Hello83433
    6. Minnie64
    7. Thelessy
    8. summermistx3
    9. Mandylcd
    10.Dasheeeee - Lillian Noland - Custard Checked, CC-free! - The Big Day - The Honeymoon
    11. BekahSue - BekahSue Simself - Custard Checked, CC-free! - The Big Day
    12. tkbluebasketball
    13. Kaiteeee
    14. rainwife - Summer Joy - Custard Checked, CC-free!
    15. YellowJane - YJ deAl - Custard Checked, CC-free!
    16. Dayshatw - Vivian Aleran - Custard Checked, Contains CC!
    17. mayray - Simself - Custard Checked, CC-free!
    18. baxter_milo
    19. heaven_sent_8_18
    20. Rayshizzie
    21. samiam662 - Shari McClain - Custard Checked, CC-free!
    22. Noracelwyne
    23. KillerQueenKaty
    24. christinebremner
    25. Loppie1988 - Lucy Lucky - Custard Checked, CC-free! - The Big Day - The Honeymoon
    26. Tacha75
    27. InvisibleLyndz - The Big Day
    28. litabelaqua
    29. Trish1966
    30. SALTPASTILLEN - Captain Salty Pants - Custard Checked, CC-Free
    31. aminovas - Ami Novas - Custard Checked, CC-free! - The Honeymoon
    32. anettesb - Anette Majgaard - Custard Checked, CC-free
    33. Stinalina
    34. ktjl
    35. NewYork7
    36. Rockleyfamily - Kayla Kay - Custard Checked, CC-free
    37. angeliii82
    38. sunsetsorbet - sunsetsorbet - Custard Checked, CC-free!
    39. bambooeaterrr
    40. liz7783 - Elizabeth - Custard Checked,CC-free!
    41. jezebelthenun - Wedding Guest Simself - Custrda Checked, CC-free! - The Honeymoon
    42. emilzydiva - Emily Kirkwood - Simself - Custard Checked, CC-free!
    43. QTBrniis
    44. Annadenise - Anna Watson - Custard Checked, CC-free! - The Big Day
    45. mjdrgnpt - Emma Marie James - Custard Checked, CC-free!
    46. tallcoolone
    47. Simcousin
    48. Pippa22P - Angel McGraw - Custard Checked, CC-free!
    49. Grumpy_Plants
    50. TheFairyBug
    51. aricarai - Bea - Custard Checked, CC-free!
    52. illusie
    53. olive337337
    54. KaitlynHorton
    55. leenie360 
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    6_wedding_winners_zps495dc9f3.png

Lottery Winners:

Week One (2 winners - 100sp each): angeliii82 -Gifted! and SALTPASTILLEN - Gifted!

Week Two (1 winner - 500sp): Christinebremmer - Gifted!

Week Three (2 winners - 100sp each): Dasheeeee - gifted! and baxter_milo - gifted!

Photo Contest Winners

Week Two (1 winner - 200sp) - “The Big Event”: Annadenise - Gifted!

Week Three (1 winner - 200sp) - “The Honeymoon”: ami - Gifted!

Daily Draw Winners:

Aug 24: Rayshizzie - Gifted!
    Aug 25: sunsetsorbet - Gifted!
    Aug 26: liz7783 - Gifted!
    Aug 27: KillerQueenKaty - Gifted!
    Aug 28: Simcousin - Gifted!
    Aug 29: Katieeee - Gifted!
    Aug 30: Mandylcd - Gifted!
    Aug 31: olive337337 - Gifted!
    Sept 1: litabelaqua
    Sept 2: summermistx3
    Sept 3: Rockleyfamily - Gifted!
    Sept 4: illusie - Gifted!
    Sept 5: Altoni - Gifted!
    Sept 6: Thelessy - Gifted!
    Sept 7: Jez - Gifted!
    Sept 8: mayray - Gifted!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    7_wedding_album_zpsc5091194.png

7a_wedding_proposal_pic_zps9e27fe76.png
    The Proposal

7b_wedding_happycouple_pic_zps2f851b90.png
    The Happy Couple

7c_wedding_weddingparty_zpsb19c003a.png
    The Wedding Party
    (l-r: Mistey, Nana, Ra, Lala)

bigday_annaD_zps204f93ee.jpg
    THE BIG DAY!
    Center: Nana & Ra (Bride and Groom)
    Left to Right back: Lala, Bea, BekahSue, Anna, Mistey, Capt SaltyPants
    A special appearance from Anna's horse Diamond. (Winning photo by Annadenise)

AMI_thehoneymoon_zpsafa23a6c.jpg
    THE HONEYMOON!
    First morning in paradise
    (Winning photo by Aminovas)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Mine! Mine all mine!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    We are now accepting RSVPs!

(You may now post!)
  • Options
    AlitoniAlitoni Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited August 2013
    Oh how lovely!! I love weddings, and this one looks like it's going to be the event of the decade!

“I've received my invitation, and would like to RSVP that I will be attending! My Plus One is ErnesaT."

I will get to work on a CAS guest as well as a photo. Do I need to make a new post for those, or can I just edit this post?

ETA:

I’m all gussied-up for The Big Day!
    Username: Alitoni
    Sim’s name: Alisa Yarley
    Link to Sim: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7587809

Formal_zps58f78366.jpg

My Plus-One is all gussied-up for The Big Day!
    Username: ErnesaT
    Sim’s name: Letitia Puddles
    Link to Sim: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=38565

Nesa_zps3ff9b48c.jpg

FunTimes_zpsccd3ae03.jpg

Funtimes2_zps6a1d6a33.jpg
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited August 2013
    This is just the cutest thing I've ever seen! Yee-haw! Let's get this wedding party started :)
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks, guys! It should be fun!
    Alitoni wrote:
    I will get to work on a CAS guest as well as a photo. Do I need to make a new post for those, or can I just edit this post?

You can edit your original post. :)

• Options
    Hello83433Hello83433 Posts: 3,403 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ohh!!! I Love weddings! They are just so happy and fun and happy and fun!

I've received my invitation, and would like to RSVP that I will be attending! My Plus One is Minnie64."
    403046191195314s.jpg
  • Options
    ThelessyThelessy Posts: 1,764 Member
    edited August 2013
    “I've received my invitation, and would like to RSVP that I will be attending!”
  • Options
    summermistx3summermistx3 Posts: 1,537 Member
    edited August 2013
    This is too adorable!

“I've received my invitation, and would like to RSVP that I will be attending! My Plus One is Mandylcd."

I shall get going on CAS-ing :D
  • Options
    DasheeeeeDasheeeee Posts: 766 Member
    edited August 2013
    I've received my invitation, and would like to RSVP that I will be attending!

I would love to make you a guest :)
  • Options
    BekahSueBekahSue Posts: 623 Member
    edited August 2013
    Love, love love!

I've received my invitation, and would like to RSVP that I will be attending!
    t99zif.jpg
  • Options
    tkbluebasketballtkbluebasketball Posts: 4,495 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yay a wedding! No best man? WHAT! Hey well if you need one, I am here. :lol:

“I've received my invitation, and would like to RSVP that I will be attending! My Plus One is Kaiteeee"

Cute Idea<3
  • Options
    rainwiferainwife Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yay! I love a wedding, I always get so excited! *throws confetti*...too early? :lol:

“I've received my invitation, and would like to RSVP that I will be attending! My Plus One is YellowJane"
  • Options
    DayshatwDayshatw Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ignore :oops:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    “I've received my invitation, and would like to RSVP that I will be attending!”
    Even though I'm secretly stalking Nana!

"I’m all gussied-up for The Big Day!"
    Username: Dayshatw
    Sim’s name: Vivian
    Link to Sim: Click First Pic

headshot_original.jpg

formalwear_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ra will be updating The Guest List once Eric comes back from being "out ridin' fences"--whatever that means! ;)
    Dayshatw wrote:

*Looks behind*

*Hears wolf cry in the distance*

:shock:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Nanatorium wrote:
    Ra will be updating The Guest List once Eric comes back from being "out ridin' fences"--whatever that means! ;)
    Dayshatw wrote:

*Looks behind*

*Hears wolf cry in the distance*

:shock:

Sorry Nana! But I've been in love with you since pre-K. I wanted to tell you before you make the mistake of marrying a man when you're meant to be with me. :lol::lol: JK

Still stalking you though!!
  • Options
    mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited August 2013
    “I've received my invitation, and would like to RSVP that I will be attending! My Plus One is -baxter_milo-"

I will have the steak with lobster please!

congratulations-not-dying-alone-wedding-ecard-someecards.jpg
  • Options
    heaven_sent_8_18heaven_sent_8_18 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited August 2013
    I've received my invitation, and would like to RSVP that I will be attending! My Plus One is Rayshizzie!

Congratulations to the both of you! Now I must be off to plan my perfect outfit.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I've got everyone up to here! :)

I didn't expect such a large turnout so fast! Thanks everyone!