March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

26 INTO THE FUTURE pictures

I was iffy on this theme, wondering if I would go for it, or call The Sims 3 done and enjoy not having to update the game anymore.

They got me with customizable robots and what looks like utilitarian robots. It seems like quite a few things we put in ideas and feedback is here: Hoverboards and cars, glass floors, better robots--sims can even fly. It's like all the stuff the 40's and 50's promised by the year 2000, but never arrived.

I can see using a lot of the content to flesh out Lunar Lakes or making a future forward Bridgeport. I can even give University nerds cutting edge science. I don't think this one is for everyone, but for me, I like simming in different environments and I am a sci-fi fan.

01Robot.jpg

02Hoverboards.jpg

03Jetpack.jpg

04Jetpack.jpg

05Hologram.jpg

06Architecture.jpg

07Interior.jpg

08Interior.jpg

09Interior.jpg

10RobotCAS.jpg

11RobotCAS.jpg

12Robot.jpg

13Robot.jpg

14Robot.jpg

15Flight.jpg

16Transportation.jpg

18Transportation.jpg

19aHoloharp.jpg

19Robot.jpg

20GlassFloors.jpg

21Transportation.jpg

22Magnet.jpg

23Dystopia.jpg

24Robots.jpg

25Jetpack.jpg

26family.jpg
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Comments

• PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited July 2013
    I think this EP looks incredible! Love the new architecture, and features like the plumbots, hover stuff, monorail transportation, flying Sims, and new furnishings. And the glowy flowers! Yay! :D I wonder if that giant magnet brings down the really humongous space rocks - I hope! :mrgreen:
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi,
    I can totally see using this stuff! I love it! Glass floors? I didn't notice them during the trailer. I wonder if we can use them on the roof, to make skylights? That'd be neat.

I didn't think I would like it either, when they put this idea out there, but now that I see what they put together, I'm there.

I couldn't imagine NOT buying an ep. I know most people pick and choose, but I find that there is always something in each and every expansion that I will use almost regularly.

Thanks for all the pictures CK! :D
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited July 2013
    I can't wait to see what you do with this EP. This is the sort of EP I need ideas for, like I need to revisit your Supernatural story because I have still not played it. :D
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited July 2013
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    I think this EP looks incredible! Love the new architecture, and features like the plumbots, hover stuff, monorail transportation, flying Sims, and new furnishings. And the glowy flowers! Yay! :D I wonder if that giant magnet brings down the really humongous space rocks - I hope! :mrgreen:

It would be funny if you could stop a giant meteor strike with that magnet in your sim's pocket. :D
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited July 2013
    I was iffy on this theme, wondering if I would go for it, or call The Sims 3 done and enjoy not having to update the game anymore.

This was also me to a "T" until I watched the trailer.
    The got me with customizable robots and what looks like utilitarian robots. It seems like quite a few things we put in ideas and feedback is here: Hoverboards and cars, glass floors, better robots--sims can even fly. It's like all the stuff the 40's and 50's promised by the year 2000, but never arrived.

As I was watching the LB, I was thinking the same thing. So much of this was suggested by simmers in that feedback forum for this EP.

I'm still not 100% sold, but I'm close to 99% and looking forward to more info.

Funny, I'm not usually a huge Sci-Fi fan, but this all looks pretty darn cool to me.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2013
    There are glass walls being added as well to this ep. It was mentioned in the press release.
  • TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited July 2013
    OMG THE GLASS CEILINGS AND THE ROBOTS!!!!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2013
    Well now we can put glass walls in basements in houseboats and hopefully see the underwater. This will work great with island paradise.
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited July 2013
    I can not wait for this expansion. It looks great. :D
    edited July 2013
    I read the official write up for Into the Future. I am sold. :D

I also love this picture.
    TS3_EP11_JETPACK_SHOT_01_001.jpg
  • FormelxFormelx Posts: 578 New Member
    edited July 2013
    This reminds me of futurerama,but 3 times better. :D
    edited July 2013
    Formelx wrote:
    This reminds me of futurerama,but 3 times better. :D

Now there is an idea for Sims to make.
    Leela would have to have 2 eyes however.
  • LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited July 2013
    I hope they have Jetsons Stuff, Star Wars Stuff including a Episode 4,5, and 6 **** Fett Jetpack, An Episode 2 Jango Fett's **** Fett Jetpack, and Jango fett's Episode 2 Jetpack from Geonosis.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for sharing the pics. I do like a lot of the buy and build stuff I am seeing and that is my favorite part of the Sims game.
    edited July 2013
    There are glass walls being added as well to this ep. It was mentioned in the press release.

That would let me make the modern homes I've always wanted to make.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited July 2013
    Nice pics :D

Is that grass on roofs/ indoors I see :O :D
    My favorite part is probably the glass tiles- have been missing them since I had them in Sims 2
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited July 2013
    Now officially can't wait for this Ep anymore :D:D
  • CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited July 2013

I wonder what glass walls entails, and a silly question, I wonder if we can put windows on glass walls :lol:
  • conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited July 2013
    looking forward to all the build buy stuff, Then the time travel. :mrgreen:

Also did I see gardening bots??
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • lolzbrlolzbr Posts: 989 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for sharing! The hair that the lady has in the fifth picture looks like Mrs. Jetson's hairstyle, lol. I hope that whatever she's using is like a computer, but with more features. And I hadn't even noticed until now that glass floor?? :shock:
  • EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for sharing! I don't think there has ever been an EP in the entire sims franchise that had got me this excited! I love Sci-fi as well, and I have always tried to make my sims as futuristic as possible. Now I can actually have all the stuff I wanted for this game! Thank you so much for this EP Sims team!!!
    Sig.png
  • Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited July 2013
    Before the meteor shower I saw a sim cuddling with a simbot in the video,I'm interested in that
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited July 2013
    Before the meteor shower I saw a sim cuddling with a simbot in the video,I'm interested in that

Plumbot not simbot. Simbots are creatures from Ambitions. This is different kind of robot sims. :)
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited July 2013
    I like this pack.

I just hope they put a lot of time into fixing known bugs and problems too. I also hope they put out at least one last patch to fix what this expansion will break.
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited July 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    I read the official write up for Into the Future. I am sold. :D

I also love this picture.
    TS3_EP11_JETPACK_SHOT_01_001.jpg
    Thank you for posting these pictures!
    I love this!
    I read somewhere on the forum that EA wants to make the sims in the Sims 4 more "Disney" and cartoonish, and the hair and clothes in this EP look more cartoonish than usual - do you guys think this could be EA's way to let us get familiar with this new look?