Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isla Escudo: A Caribbean paradise for your Sims *RELEASED*

Comments

• Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited July 2013
    DrewRavida wrote:
    Siren's Landing looks so much better than Isla Paradiso. Seems like all of my Monte Vista Sims will somehow migrate to this lush world, as they are tired of the hills and they are ready for some water action.

Can't wait for this amazing world, keep up the good work, and I'm pretty sure this will be more beautiful as you go along with it... :D

If it's not too much to ask, how many residential, community and empty lots (including the islands) are there in SIREN'S LANDING?

Thank you also for sharing your fabulous work....

I couldn't give you an exact number, but there will be around 25 residential lots, and 25 community lots. That's not counting house boats. It will be unpopulated, I'm already having problems with file size. :roll: and empty lots... well that just depends on how lazy I feel. I can tell you this, there will definitely not be any empty 64x64 lots. there definitely not enough space for that. I'm thinking about making a large residential island that's mostly empty lots, but that will certainly make it less desolate. I could just add more houseboats though, to make up for the lack of space.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'm sorry, but I haven't been working on this world in the past week. I've been checking out the masterpieces that are Quailhog's worlds! :XD: Anywho, I will be motivated soon to pick it up again.
  • Options
    alverdinedrakealverdinedrake Posts: 111 Member
    edited July 2013
    Oh wow! What a wonderful looking world. It seems very well thought out and I think worlds that don't take an eternity to traverse are great :)
  • Options
    Caitie85Caitie85 Posts: 156 Member
    edited July 2013
    Oh wow! What a wonderful looking world. It seems very well thought out and I think worlds that don't take an eternity to traverse are great :)
    That, I think, is my biggest problem with Isla Paradiso. EA was so focused on making a world with enough in it to justify an entire expansion pack that they went overboard (pun intended) and crammed too much onto one map. The result is a world that, while undeniably stunning, is far too big for any serious gameplay. Unless your Sim is self-employed, or works full-time in a rabbithole, money making can get rather crazy. I shudder to think of what it would be like to be a fireman or -woman, one of my all-time favorite Sims professions, in Isla Paradiso. And don't get me started on how insane traveling anywhere with a mermaid is! It once took my mermaid Sim almost 12 hours to swim from one side to the other!

This world looks different. Siren's Landing looks like it's going to be all the good with none of (or at least less of) the bad. In fact, I have a tab on my browser open to this thread that I refresh every so often to see if there have been any updates, lol. I can't wait to download and play the finished product, Niac! :D You take as long as you need!
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • Options
    jackaford1986jackaford1986 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited July 2013
    This looks awesome!!! I love the old charm of it!
  • Options
    ChocoBeenzChocoBeenz Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    It look gooood, you should add more colorful house (orange, blue, pink, green..) instead of mediterranean brick style, as in carribean house is very colorful for some, even the poorest, and add maybe a downtown with colonial style building, it would be great :D
  • Options
    sugarplumkittehsugarplumkitteh Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Is this dead?
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited July 2013
    Wow I just saw this. So pretty! I just feel awful I didn't know and just uploaded a world with the same name. I didn't mean any harm I am so sorry! :(

I looked through the world index to see if that name was taken and I didn't see it so thought I was safe. This is one of the reasons why, as a lot of folks know, I hate naming creations.
    Anyway yours is gorgeous and blows mine away. I am so sorry though! I honestly didn't know. :oops: I won't post my world here though, it's only a year or so outta my life lol >_>
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Is this dead?

No! Worlds take TLC! You can't expect it to be done soon. I needed to take a breather from this project, it's hard to stay focused on such a project as a world for so long.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tlc10175 wrote:
    Wow I just saw this. So pretty! I just feel awful I didn't know and just uploaded a world with the same name. I didn't mean any harm I am so sorry! :(

I looked through the world index to see if that name was taken and I didn't see it so thought I was safe. This is one of the reasons why, as a lot of folks know, I hate naming creations.
    Anyway yours is gorgeous and blows mine away. I am so sorry though! I honestly didn't know. :oops: I won't post my world here though, it's only a year or so outta my life lol >_>

Hmmmmm... Thinking about changing the name. I dunno, It's not like I'm too attached to the name anyway. What do you think?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'm thinking I wish I had seen your thread so I would have known to go with something different is what I think LOL >_>
    You are very sweet <3 Your world is amazing and I think you should name it whatever you like! :)
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited July 2013
    Niac this world is so beautiful. I love it. Am bookmarking this site. If you put out a Beta would love to test it. Aside from store stuff you are not using any CC are you, or rugs? I hope not. Don't mind store items, I am with you, you bought the items to use so use it to your heart's content. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Rukaya wrote:
    Niac this world is so beautiful. I love it. Am bookmarking this site. If you put out a Beta would love to test it. Aside from store stuff you are not using any CC are you, or rugs? I hope not. Don't mind store items, I am with you, you bought the items to use so use it to your heart's content. :D

No CC! :D And that would be wonderful. When it does come to that stage, I'll probably let out a message for people. Routing is going to be especially interesting. with this.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tlc10175 wrote:
    I'm thinking I wish I had seen your thread so I would have known to go with something different is what I think LOL >_>
    You are very sweet <3 Your world is amazing and I think you should name it whatever you like! :)

How about this? I'll use a similar name, but I'll use a different language, French or Spanish.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    That sounds lovely <3
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm not 100 percent positive, but I don't see the name being a real problem as both should install as the name hopefully has nothing to do with both installing. Both the game and the exchange identify a world by it's unique World ID, but they might be a bit confusing to players. As they are both islands that look like they could co-habit the same waters and area - might not be a bad ideal to add something onto one of the names like Siren's Landing Atoll or Siren's landing North. That way the player won't get confused.

I know I already downloaded yours TLC and also plan on downloading this one when it's done. I really, really love islands. I have not played it yet as I am still testing a couple of worlds for a couple creators, but have it on my agenda for at least the weekend.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    moefymoefy Posts: 251 Member
    edited July 2013
    i love it great :P :P :P
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited August 2013
    I am so looking forward to this world, you are truly talented and it just looks amazing. I don't download worlds very often and have been scouting for a world with IP themes, this will be my new world, just cannot wait I am so excited. My sims will absolutely love it too I'm sure

Thank you :) am so bookmarking this thread.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hey, I just had some name ideas... if you are going to change it.. when I read that you might switch to french or spanish, the Spanish place name "refugio" or refuge came to mind... I don't know if this is helpful at all, but I thought about other words that might be appropriate and this is what I came up with:
    (the obvious ones) Isla or Puerto de Sirenas, or simply Isla Sirenas or Puerto Sirenas
    Refugio (de) Sirenas - Siren's Refuge
    Escudo (de) Sirenas - Escudo = Knight's shield... Siren's Shield... this is the most appealing to me. There is an island called "Escudo de Veraguas" and the "Shield Islands" (ASOIAF) translates to Islas Escudo... You could simply call it Isla Escudo. It is a bolder way of invoking the "landing", less "refuge" and more protective, invoking the heraldic emblem of the siren... (if that makes sense)
    or you could just call it La Sirena... which is kind of dangerous sounding... the island itself lures you in :)

just a thought :)
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited August 2013
    So sorry to display in this thread, but thought tlc should know that someone else has uploaded a world called "Sand Dollar" but I didn't twig until I saw your name here, the person was called "history" or something possibly with no's after the name, thought I would let you know. I found when I searched the exchange for worlds in the last month, you might want to check it out.

aminovas has some wonderful insight into the names, they sound great, but I like La Sirena the best :)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Dglbr1969 wrote:
    So sorry to display in this thread, but thought tlc should know that someone else has uploaded a world called "Sand Dollar" but I didn't twig until I saw your name here, the person was called "history" or something possibly with no's after the name, thought I would let you know. I found when I searched the exchange for worlds in the last month, you might want to check it out.

aminovas has some wonderful insight into the names, they sound great, but I like La Sirena the best :)

I am outta town right now so mobile, will keep this short. I had made a couple blogs on my page that I will be eventually uploading a V2 and talk about why I'm gonna do that. So what I'm thinking is I might delete the V1, after I upload V2 under a different name. =) I think Siren's Landing suits Niac world. Ok bye now, back to my vacation lol x.X
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    tlc10175 wrote:
    Dglbr1969 wrote:

I am outta town right now so mobile, will keep this short. I had made a couple blogs on my page that I will be eventually uploading a V2 and talk about why I'm gonna do that. So what I'm thinking is I might delete the V1, after I upload V2 under a different name. =) I think Siren's Landing suits Niac world. Ok bye now, back to my vacation lol x.X

:lol: don't do THAT! You uploaded first, you got the name first. I'm perfectly open to using a new name, and I do like Isla Escudo! Thanks Aminovas! Go enjoy your vacation and don't sweat it. In fact, I'll make sure the name is changed before you can even check this!

Thank you for the gifts, they were very kind! :D
  • Options
    DijanaMenatasDijanaMenatas Posts: 624 Member
    edited August 2013
    I am really loving the look of this world. I don't normally pay much attention to user created worlds but I find myself keep coming back to check for updates on this one O: It's seriously beautiful.

I liked Isla Paradiso more than I thought I would but from the screenshots this looks much more like the sort of world I would have liked to see in IP.

How much space will actually be in here? I tend to like really big worlds so I can put everything down, but I tend to not use everything I put in. I just hope there will be a bit of space to expand ourselves, or that it has a decent amount of features from various EPs. Either way though it's really amazing and I can't wait to see it when it's finished.
  • Options
    NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited August 2013
    Isla Escudo sounds great :D
    Hope to see more!
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited August 2013
    Nilxis wrote:
    Isla Escudo sounds great :D
    Hope to see more!

Niac, I am so glad you went with that! :):) And Nilxis, I'm glad you approve... it's not like my spanish is that great

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top