Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isla Escudo: A Caribbean paradise for your Sims *RELEASED*

Comments

• niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited July 2013
    Reachsims wrote:
    It's looking gorgeous, Niac! Just beautiful, as usual. I also love the historical angle. :mrgreen:

Have you considered adding a real lighthouse somewhere instead of an EA ornamental one? :wink:

Hmmm... I haven't thought of it! I suppose I can fit it in somewhere! :D
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited July 2013
    Very nice work indeed! I don´t have IP installed, I don´t like very much how it looks but I like yours, are you going to test it as to know if everything from IP is working fine? I´ve read there are plenty of issues with IP and custom made worlds, if I would be sure to get all the IP facilities with a world like yours may be I change my mind and install IP, though I don´t know how much PC capability is consumming, I don´t want my game to lag...
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2013
    Wow! Sooooooooooooo beautiful! I love the old-world feel to the place and the beautiful old buildings. Very nice! :D
    edited July 2013
    junceda wrote:
    Very nice work indeed! I don´t have IP installed, I don´t like very much how it looks but I like yours, are you going to test it as to know if everything from IP is working fine? I´ve read there are plenty of issues with IP and custom made worlds, if I would be sure to get all the IP facilities with a world like yours may be I change my mind and install IP, though I don´t know how much PC capability is consumming, I don´t want my game to lag...

Well, I will say this. This world won't have uncharted islands which, at least for me, caused a lot of lag in my game. Second of all, I messed up, I started this world before we knew how to make dive lots in other worlds, and I can't make dive lots in this world because the sea level is too low. So how am I going to make up for it? there are going to be tombs. (I think three; two on the mainland, one on another island.) And this is going to have a large base camp, with some ruins, making this the PERFECT traveling. :D If you have traveler that is. So, to answer your question, I know that the features will work fine, because the only thing that's going to be there is all of the boat stuff which is completely optional, and, well, all of the decor.
    edited July 2013
    Wow! Sooooooooooooo beautiful! I love the old-world feel to the place and the beautiful old buildings. Very nice! :D

Thank you! :D There is to be no modern in this world!!
  • YorkchopYorkchop Posts: 348 Member
    edited July 2013
    I love it. Cannot wait until it's ready.
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited July 2013
    Really beautiful, I love the boats and the architecture :D
    edited July 2013
    Thanks. Update coming soon. Probs tommorrow.

Nilxis, I was definitely using your mediterranean worlds as inspiration for the lots with this. :D
    edited July 2013
    Update 3

So, what have I done for the past week? Well... islands. And lots of them. I think I'm done with Islands actually. I've created a cool lagoon with bright blue water. And the rest of the islands are VERY detached. Talk about desolation from the rest of the island. :lol: Perfect place for your loner sims.

Buildings that I've put in; Marketplace, Elixir Shop (Thank you to Krimsonnox for the lot! :D), 3 houses, School, Stadium, 2 fishing spots.
    Buildings that I've started but am not finished with; The lighthouse (this will be made into a Landmark Tomb), Exclusive lounge, Gym, Govenor's Mansion.
    Buildings I still need to start; a bunch of houses (If someone could help me out on that, it would be fantastic), Art Gallery, Beach, a few of Ports, Tombs, Base camp, and dive bar.

Screenshot-1014_zps4ca64666.jpg

Screenshot-1015_zps3a3a4a69.jpg

Screenshot-1012-Copy_zps7e0bd188.jpg

Screenshot-987-Copy_zps8f6ac685.jpg

Screenshot-990-Copy_zpsf1b229fb.jpg

This Island is the farthest away from the mainland

Screenshot-1008-Copy_zps9e7b59ec.jpg

and the view of the mainland from this island

Screenshot-1005-Copy_zpsd33ae8fe.jpg

The Next Farthest from the mainland:

Screenshot-1007-Copy_zps3b3f1068.jpg

and the view of the mainland from this island

Screenshot-1006-Copy_zpse7e9fe2c.jpg

Screenshot-1003-Copy_zps6a4b766a.jpg

Screenshot-1010-Copy_zpsae56b1e1.jpg

Screenshot-1011-Copy_zpsae4e3336.jpg

Screenshot-1016_zps008db137.jpg

Screenshot-1009-Copy_zpsa1a0cad3.jpg

Screenshot-1013-Copy_zps4ddcb753.jpg

Screenshot-998-Copy_zpsd5e44e4f.jpg

Screenshot-1001-Copy_zps245b9361.jpg

Screenshot-988-Copy_zpsc907d402.jpg

Screenshot-997-Copy_zps7b75dc62.jpg

Screenshot-995-Copy_zps45a10733.jpg

Screenshot-996-Copy_zpse0e1b338.jpg
  • TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited July 2013
    My eyes are melting from the beauty of this world. :shock: :P

Amazing update, niac! I think this may be my new favorite world. 8)
    edited July 2013
    TRachet wrote:
    My eyes are melting from the beauty of this world. :shock: :P

Amazing update, niac! I think this may be my new favorite world. 8)

tumblr_inline_mkxgr9MYQa1rb7r3n_zpsfb9147e2.gif

:wink:
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited July 2013
    Oh, Niac. It's just completely lovely. I can't wait until it's ready.
    edited July 2013
    samiam662 wrote:
    Oh, Niac. It's just completely lovely. I can't wait until it's ready.

Thank you and Me neither!
  • GNRxSas7837GNRxSas7837 Posts: 812 Member
    edited July 2013
    It looks wonderful!
    edited July 2013
    Sorry y'all! I've exceeded bandwidth on my photobucket account. I only have 3 days left until it resets, so just bear with me. I ain't paying more for unlimited bandwidth.
  • aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited July 2013
    Ahhh, I missed the pics!

Bookmarked this to wait... i love islands, looking forward to seeing what you made :)
    edited July 2013
    Instead of pictures, I have good news! :D I've figured out how to make dive lots in this world!! :D There will be 5+ dive lots (they are so fun to make! and they aren't even large file sizes), and they will all be in an Atlantis Theme. :D YAY!! Now there's a purpose to actually having mermaids in this world!

I'm also thinking about putting in empty dive lots, for the creative tendancies of the community! :D what would you all think of that?
  • aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited July 2013
    niac1234 wrote:
    Instead of pictures, I have good news! :D I've figured out how to make dive lots in this world!! :D There will be 5+ dive lots (they are so fun to make! and they aren't even large file sizes), and they will all be in an Atlantis Theme. :D YAY!! Now there's a purpose to actually having mermaids in this world!

I'm also thinking about putting in empty dive lots, for the creative tendancies of the community! :D what would you all think of that?

hooray all around! and yes, empty dive lots! brilliant! <-- the only issue I have found with dive lots I have left empty in worlds is Sims still visit them autonomously and dive even without the dive buoy, but that isn't necessarily a big issue...
  • vermesmikevermesmike Posts: 106 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Excited for this world :). I know you said you're going to use some store items or stuff packs possibly, so I was just curious to how much? I have only a few SPs.
    edited July 2013
    vermesmike wrote:
    Excited for this world :). I know you said you're going to use some store items or stuff packs possibly, so I was just curious to how much? I have only a few SPs.

Well, as I said Monte Vista is Required. I'm going to have the fountain of youth, and Wishing well, but those are in no way required. I may have the ruins from Dragon Valley, but that's it from there. I believe on of the builds requires the fence from Hidden Springs. I don't have Aurora Skies, I'm going to Use Barnacle Bay objects, including the ship diner, but everyone has Barnacle bay now! :D Lucky Palms doesn't match the theme.

The only Stuff Packs that I am going to use are Master Suite, and Outdoor Living. I'm going to use the Playground set from Town life in a couple of playgrounds, but that's it. The Only one that I truly think is going to make a big impact is Outdoor Living.

As for all the other store content, it's a crapshoot. I'm trying to cut down, but you never know. I promise there won't be TOO much content that it's game breaking for someone with just the EP's SP's and Worlds, but hey, I'm paying for this stuff for a reason, and half of the reason why I'm making this world is for myself anyways.
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited July 2013
    . . .but hey, I'm paying for this stuff for a reason, and half of the reason why I'm making this world is for myself anyways.

Niac, that's very well said and I agree completely. You are talented enough to build it and kind enough to share it; but ultimately you call the shots and don't need to feel pressured to accommodate anyone else.

[P.S.: I have never uploaded/shared any of my builds or sims because they are completely overloaded with cc, store content, etc. and I just don't want to deal with the hassle of identifying what's what and hearing people complain.]
  • AmiranthaAmirantha Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I like the new IP world so far... I only play on the water, havn´t seen much from the islands yet. But ... Really love your world!! It´s a real beauty.
    And YEAH, you will add dive lots!! That made my day. My sims are scuba addicts :D
  • citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited July 2013
    :shock: Wow...so pretty, and my son and I will enjoy playing this world when it is done. Thanks for your hard work.
  • DrewRavidaDrewRavida Posts: 335 Member
    edited July 2013
    Siren's Landing looks so much better than Isla Paradiso. Seems like all of my Monte Vista Sims will somehow migrate to this lush world, as they are tired of the hills and they are ready for some water action.

Can't wait for this amazing world, keep up the good work, and I'm pretty sure this will be more beautiful as you go along with it... :D

If it's not too much to ask, how many residential, community and empty lots (including the islands) are there in SIREN'S LANDING?

Thank you also for sharing your fabulous work....
  • meekeeleekeemeekeeleekee Posts: 202 Member
    edited July 2013
    awesome, good thing i have monte vista!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top