The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Overview Video of the Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts Venue

Hi everybody.

So, after fighting with my computer (and eventually reformatting it) I have finally managed to get the game working again, and with it the ability to record my gameplay! Yay!

I have done an overview of the new venue which was released on Thursday. I've tried showing it off as much as possible. I've also shown a little of my edited Gym venue (the large one which came with Aurora Skies), to show how the items can be used outside of the venue.

I hope it helps people get a view of what it looks like and how it plays :)

Feel free to watch it on YouTube <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7t1GLr_Jzw&gt;HERE&lt;/a&gt;

Comments

• Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for sharing the video. I like how you used the skylight pieces to enclose the pool in the AS gym. I think that I will do this, too.

Also, the chicken dance is really funny!

Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2013
    Really great review Weealbet!!! :D

I also loved your remodelling of the Aurora Skies gym. :thumbup:
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hehe, thank you! I need to take out those two gobo lights so the dance floor works. :D
  • Options
    typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    edited June 2013
    Really like the video :mrgreen: Great job!
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited June 2013
    Great job on that video, and nice accent :wink:
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Really like the video :mrgreen: Great job!

Thank you, I'm going to get started on another one soon :D
    Great job on that video, and nice accent :wink:

Haha! Thank you! It's such a random accent though. It's just a mash up of what a bunch of accents would sound like if they were thrown in a blender lol.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2013
    Nice. :thumbup:

Glad your game is up and running again, too. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Halle_M wrote:
    Nice. :thumbup:

Glad your game is up and running again, too. :D

Thank you! :D

I know, I haven't a clue why the game randomly decided to hate on my graphics card. But it's working again so woo hoo!! :D
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2013
    I like your voice too, it sounds like posh scouse to me! That's meant to be a compliment btw! :wink::D
  • Options
    SybileSybile Posts: 697 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the review! It was really helpful, love to watch sims dancing ballet in the bar, on the dance floor, however, it looks a little bit off.

The glass pieces seem to have lots of potential, I wish I was a better builder to put them to good use.
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited June 2013
    Awesome overview!!!
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I like your voice too, it sounds like posh scouse to me! That's meant to be a compliment btw! :wink::D

Oh dear, my time studying in Liverpool is having it's toll on my accent! My accent literally groups different ones together so I sometimes stumble on my words trying to get them out haha!
    Sybile wrote:
    Thanks for the review! It was really helpful, love to watch sims dancing ballet in the bar, on the dance floor, however, it looks a little bit off.

The glass pieces seem to have lots of potential, I wish I was a better builder to put them to good use.

Yeah, it does seem that way. I'm not too sure if it's a group object and one Sim's dancing makes all the other Sims dance the same way when using it.

I love the skylights! I'm not a builder either, but I try lol. I like having different options for greenhouses though, and they are perfect for pools too! Very versatile I think.
    Awesome overview!!!

Thank you :D I think I prefer doing overviews with video's than writing. You can show so much more of the game!
  • Options
    EPCOTfanEPCOTfan Posts: 90 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Great video, shows off the venue nicely as well as showing what else you can do with the pieces.

And thumbs up from a fellow Brit. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thank you. When I'm doing reviews I try to discuss different ways that things can be used outside of the set and theme. Now that I can record I'm going to try continuing to do so :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'll have to check out that video -- went ahead and bought the venue sight unseen as soon as I got home (was out of town since Wednesday).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I was the same. I was literally refreshing the Store page every few minutes waiting for it to release! I only wanted it for the items to include in my gym revamp (which I show in the video), and was pleasantly surprised by the venue :lol: