Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear, cc, I love you! LOTTERY

Hello :D I have a deep love for cc and mods and everything! So, this is an appreciation lottery for cc :D

ENTRY FORM
1. username:
2. picture of your sim decked out in cc, or a room:
3. Link to your wishlist:

RULES
1. Must fill out entry form
2. Must be respectful
3. MUST have cc
4. All store and cc allowed
5. If you don't fill out the entry form, I can't put you down

ENDING DATE
June 15th

PRIZES:
1st place: 200 simpoints of stuff
2nd place: 100 simpoints of stuff
3rd place: 50 simpoints of stuff

350 simpoints of stuff in total

SPONSORS
ErinAwesome101 (me)-350 simpoints

ENTRIES
Greencats
Erja888-FIRST PLACE
KittKat7147
GreenDayGirl921
Altoni
Lydiad206
Sara2573
Carman0908
Xena Cullen
UnwillingDonor-2ND PLACE
Pabz-3RD PLACE
gaa17
asterravos

Comments

• Options
    HadesDragonessHadesDragoness Posts: 847 Member
    edited June 2013
    Do you need to upload your sim? I ask because when I have uploaded a sim with cc in the past it has never shown up in my studio :(
  • Options
    snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited June 2013
    You might want to change linking to cc sites. It's against the rules because they might not be age appropiate. I think it's okay to say the name of the place. We did in a contest I was in.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited June 2013
    I love the idea. There is lots of great cc out there that doesn't crash the game and really adds a lot to the play. My favorite cc was hair by Wojtek that was uploaded to modthesims. He used the EA hair and converted it to childs, toddlers, and other gender. It was very low in polycount/file size as it linked to the hair you already had there. I loved it! Unfortunately, during a file server transfer, files got lost and Wojtek didn't reupload them. He has his own site now, but it does not have the children's files. I fortunately kept them, but they aren't upgraded to have an outdoors version, which is okay as I can put them in hats for that.

I also love the cc that just offers me the unstenciled version of EA stuff.

Good luck with your lotttery. I may check back in later.
  • Options
    DorymaeDorymae Posts: 570 Member
    edited June 2013
    Links are fine. Here is the official rule:

- Do not link to, request, or discuss content that may raise the game rating to an "M". This includes linking to teen pregnancy hacks, nude hacks, etc.
    You are welcome to share links for custom content, hacks, and mods as long as they do not raise the T for Teen rating.

So as long as it stays teen you can link them.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2013
    Dorymae
    so it say yes
    but in the past people have been tempband and warned by the mods for linking to sites that have content not ok for T rating, even if they linked directly to an item/mod that didn't break the T rateing.
    That is why many is so careful.
    Twallan have many great mods, but I would never link to any of them, because he have a few that do change the rating.

in other words it is only safe to link if that whole site is T rated.

Snowdove is giving a very fair warning, it is up to Erin if she thinks she use it.

that said I think this is an awesome idea, I might not use CC anymore, but there is so much pretty CC out there. And no way I could play with out mods.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2013
    I love CC, too, but I have mostly decor CC rather than clothing, etc. Can I submit a picture of one of my rooms decorated with CC instead of a sim?
  • Options
    DorymaeDorymae Posts: 570 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for that clarification. It is good to know which things EA is sensitive about, and can save some undue problems from occurring.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Dorymae wrote:
    Thank you for that clarification. It is good to know which things EA is sensitive about, and can save some undue problems from occurring.

no problem
    it really is good to know stuf like that... why get in truble for things like that...
    I was happy the day some one warned me... and schocked the day I heard about a tempband....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    ErinAwesome101ErinAwesome101 Posts: 676 Member
    edited June 2013
    I love CC, too, but I have mostly decor CC rather than clothing, etc. Can I submit a picture of one of my rooms decorated with CC instead of a sim?
    sure :D
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for this lottery!

1. GreenCats

2. Here's a sim I was making for potterphyle's Alice CAS contest. I changed direction in the end and made a child version, so grown up Alice is just sitting alone and unfinished in my bin. I thought I'd share her here to make it up to her :P
    AliceAdultWIP.png

3. Well here is a wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Effix79 (is it ok to nominate someone?)

xxx
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for doing this! I'll go in game.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,840 Member
    edited June 2013
    1. username: Erja888
    an old picture from the times I used to have CC in my game...
    c7-viktoria-fb.jpg"width=600"
    3. Link to your wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Erja888
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2013
    sure :D

Awesome!

ENTRY FORM
    1. username: kittkat7147

Screenshot-100-1_zpsfed5ec8c.jpg

3. Link to your wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=KittKat7147

I used a lot of LunaSims things in this room :D
  • Options
    GreenDayGirl921GreenDayGirl921 Posts: 472 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Username: GreenDayGirl921

This is probably my most cc filled sim. I tried uploading her, but she's almost 40mb, so it didn't work, since my launcher only uploads sims that are 23mb or less. :roll:
    [IMG]http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s568/GreenDayGirlForever/Avatar131_zpsebd307a5.jpg"width=500" "height=500"[/IMG]

<a href="http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=GreenDayGirl921">My wishlist</a>
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited June 2013
    *stands before the group*

Hello. My name is Ernesa and I'm a cc junkie. :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, I just finished installing all my games (every EP/SP) and all my store content (the whole thing). I went in game to play and realized that I hadn't installed any of my favorite builds or any of my studio stuff. I figured, since I was already in game, I'd play anyway.

That lasted until I created a sim and realized that NONE of my favorite jewelry, hair clothing or shoes were in that game. I had no cute make-up or fingernail and toenail polish. How's a girl supposed to play under those circumstances.

Now I'm going to look for my cc.

Just wanted to share that. Not entering, even though this is a great contest, because what would I do with the points? :mrgreen:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    GreenDayGirl921GreenDayGirl921 Posts: 472 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Lol, you're not the only one ErnesaT!! It's pretty much impossible for me to play without any cc. I NEED cc, especially when I'm making sims. :) I don't think I've actually made even one sim in sims 3 without cc. :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I adore cc. I tried playing without it but I couldn't. My game takes like 20 more minutes to load but I don't care because the cc is worth it :D I'll update the list in a couple hours
  • Options
    AlitoniAlitoni Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited June 2013
    I too am a CC junkie. I keep two Sims folders, one I use for building stuff to upload, and another that I use for playing. The second one is the one that's choc full of CC. I love that folder and I'm constantly adding to it. In fact I am currently installing some medieval maternity wear as we speak. :wink:

Personally, I don't upload Sims or houses with CC to the Exchange as many creators ask that their stuff NOT be uploaded to the Exchange, and I try to respect their request. Especially since they are so nice to make it and put it out there for us to use, normally with only that one request. The least we can do is respect it.

1. Username: Alitoni
    2. Picture of your sim decked out in cc, or a room: Below
    3. Link to your wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Alitoni

Here's an extra from a photo shoot I recently did which is full of cc, from hairs to skins to clothing. :)

Party_zps69b2dd58.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Looking for the salt......

or am I wrong Alitoni?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You are correct, Ms Anette!! Well done! I took so many pictures while doing that so I have plenty to chose from. :wink:

Here's a pic of my Sim sporting her new medieval maternity wear I just downloaded.

MedMaternity_zps6d12e834.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Updated list
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited June 2013
    I absolutely love cc, and I don't think I could play my game without at least SOME CC in it. My must haves are make up and patterns.

1. username: Lydiad206

tumblr_mj59lxGSUn1ri92w4o2_1280.jpg

She only has default eyes and skin and some CC make up. I feel like I have a lot of CC in my game, but like I said most is make up and patterns. I don't really dress my sims in a lot of CC hair or clothes.

3. Link to your wishlist:

lydiad206's wishlist

I can't begin to tell you how much I love default replacements such as skin and eyes. It makes a world of difference in the game. This is the current skin I'm using (not the same as the one pictured above). Also, most of the patterns I use are made by Simlicious, and I love them because they're completely re-colorable!
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    Sara2573Sara2573 Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2013
    (Are we allowed to post two pictures or only one? I have two CC girls, but I can't take a picture of them together because they live in separate worlds..)

1. Username: Sara2573
    2. Picture of your sim decked out in cc, or a room: Below :D
    3. Link to your wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Sara2573#

lnT7Qmy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My must-have CC is usually skins and hair, with some clothing and patterns mixed in. For the most part I love being able to change so many things in CAS. Whereas, in Sims 2 if you wanted CC you had to have folders and folders of recolors, etc to where your game was so bloated from all that stuff. :wink:
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited June 2013
    Alitoni wrote:
    My must-have CC is usually skins and hair, with some clothing and patterns mixed in. For the most part I love being able to change so many things in CAS. Whereas, in Sims 2 if you wanted CC you had to have folders and folders of recolors, etc to where your game was so bloated from all that stuff. :wink:

You have to check out Simlicious' stuff then. Her patterns are perfect.

2r4llop.jpg
    er0s4g.jpg