Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Live Without...

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,670 Member
    edited May 2013
    colton147 wrote:
    This thread is about what you can't live without when you create a new family.

What I am saying is that, can you live without a type of family in your neighborhood?

I can't live without the Keaton family, so I put them in my family bin and every time I create a new family, I must have them in my neighborhood. It sometimes goes the same with the Schmidt(Sims 3 Pets) family and the Bird Sisters (Sims 3 Pets) household, but I don't have to have them in my neighborhood. Very rarely, I'll have the Wainwrights with their daughter, Blair, in one of my worlds.

What I like about the Keatons is that they seem like they are friendly, vivid outdoorsy types and Justine is pregnant with a baby.

So who can you live without?

Steve Cupp because he's a magition and I'm especially going to need him in Isla Paradiso so I can get a magic show. He's in my bins.
  • Options
    BinkyTrauthierBinkyTrauthier Posts: 58 Member
    edited May 2013
    testingcheatsenabled true. My first love <3 :oops:

Also Claire Ursine. I have a soft spot for her having a unmentionable head ex who left her to raise a baby on her own BUT because she's a klepto I always see her as a kinda secret bad a** so she's like mother by day master thief by night lol.

And not in a mean way but I always make her lose weight. It only takes one Cardio exercise with the TV then bam sorted.
    And Connor Frio. I love him to bits but I hate Jared, and I only keep Jared alive to keep Connor happy, and to make sure Jared doesn't spread his genetics everywhere I change his two traits innapropriate and mean to daredevil and hot-headed. And Connor must have a lovely girl that I approve of #strangematernalattachment.

I really go off on tangents don't I? :')
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited May 2013

Also Claire Ursine. I have a soft spot for her having a unmentionable head ex who left her to raise a baby on her own BUT because she's a klepto I always see her as a kinda secret bad a** so she's like mother by day master thief by night lol.

And not in a mean way but I always make her lose weight. It only takes one Cardio exercise with the TV then bam sorted.
    And Connor Frio. I love him to bits but I hate Jared, and I only keep Jared alive to keep Connor happy, and to make sure Jared doesn't spread his genetics everywhere I change his two traits innapropriate and mean to daredevil and hot-headed. And Connor must have a lovely girl that I approve of #strangematernalattachment.

I never really agreed on Jared's traits.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,670 Member
    edited May 2013
    Seasons because it adds so much gameplay and interactions plus weather.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited May 2013
    I can't go without Cylon3 Sword and Marty Keaton!

The evil Jetta Burns likes to target these two as her first victims! :twisted:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Do you bring Justine with Marty too?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    colton147 wrote:

I've only met Justine once before, so I'm not full sure - YET. I meet up with Marty more often. Jetta whipped Justine like a horse that one time though. :twisted:
  • Options
    MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff Pack features outdoor material.
    Yes, I have that SP, but it didn't have much in the way of plants. I was pretty disappointed. :(
  • Options
    callybashcallybash Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    I always always always take:

The Keatons (I'm glad to find someone else that takes them too, Justine always ends up cheating on Marty with my Sim though)

The Sekemoto's (Leighton, Yumi & Sam)

and The Langerak's (I love Iliana so much, I usually break her and Dustin up so I can be with her)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    colton147 wrote:

I've only met Justine once before, so I'm not full sure - YET. I meet up with Marty more often. Jetta whipped Justine like a horse that one time though. :twisted:

Don't go hurting Justine now, she is my favorite EA-made sim.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Jetta is trying to make as many enemies as she can (for achievement), but if I see Justine, I won't touch her no more. :thumbup:

Though I haven't seen her in a while, and if I remember correctly, when left alone long enough, "enemy" sims will eventually forget about you. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Jetta is trying to make as many enemies as she can (for achievement), but if I see Justine, I won't touch her no more. :thumbup:

Though I haven't seen her in a while, and if I remember correctly, when left alone long enough, "enemy" sims will eventually forget about you. :D

Yay! :P
  • Options
    PandacoffeePandacoffee Posts: 702 Member
    edited May 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    I can't live without editing the towns.
    It doesn't matter what EA makes. I always turn it into something I like.
    Same! I always add new lots and edit already existing ones to fit my needs :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    I can't live without editing the towns.
    It doesn't matter what EA makes. I always turn it into something I like.
    Same! I always add new lots and edit already existing ones to fit my needs :lol:

Same here. I must edit and place some venues.
  • Options
    shelbymgshelbymg Posts: 30 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I can't live without Mortimer Goth and Bella Bachelor end up together. I am just head over heels for this couple. They of course have to have two children Cassandra and Alexander :mrgreen:

It just wouldn't feel right if they didn't become a family.
  • Options
    JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    edited May 2013
    This may sound a bit racist and I really hope it doesn't, but I can't deal with it when a town doesn't have an amazingly friendly black sim, like the Spenster Sisters in Riverview or Yolanda Lemmon in Starlight Shores. My sims are usually ALWAYS friends with black female sims, I don't know why, maybe because I just love them so much? x3
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited May 2013

There are no pre-made EA sims I can't live without. There are several I'm fond of but very few I've brought over to other towns.

I wouldn't be able to play sims without NRaaas mods Overwatch and Mastercontroller. I won't play without several other of his mods and also CC skins, sliders, hair, makeup, etc
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shelbymg wrote:
    I can't live without Mortimer Goth and Bella Bachelor end up together. I am just head over heels for this couple. They of course have to have two children Cassandra and Alexander :mrgreen:

When I did that before, Alexander had a twin, so I named him Rednaxela.
  • Options
    shelbymgshelbymg Posts: 30 New Member
    edited May 2013
    colton147 wrote:
    shelbymg wrote:

ahaha oh really?, clever :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    shelbymg wrote:
    colton147 wrote:
    shelbymg wrote:

ahaha oh really?, clever :lol:

Rednaxela died from drowning when he was a young adult though. :/
  • Options
    BinkyTrauthierBinkyTrauthier Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2013
    colton147 wrote:

I never really agreed on Jared's traits.

Me neither, he always got loads of people pregnant or he cheated and wreaked general havoc with the females.
    I usually change his traits and get him with Claire Ursine.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Sorry, clicked wrong button. :/
  • Options
    DrataniDratani Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2013
    shelbymg wrote:

Yes! I ALWAYS do this as well. Other favorites are the Newbies (Riverview). IDK why, but I just automatically love "old" sim families. I also love playing with Thornton and Morgana Wolff in Sunset Valley, him making her life miserable then she finds a stud and run away with all the money :lol:
    powerpuff-girls-criminals-costume.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bump
  • Options
    SloanyBearSloanyBear Posts: 497 Member
    edited June 2013
    Okay, you won't believe this maybe, but I "could not live without" the white mask with a jutting chin that was part of Sims 2 wall hanging decor. I loved it and found a special place for it in every build. I looked for it my first day in Sims 3. Aww. But in this game, my favourite thing is the adorable toddler items...can`t get enough of them.

Also, in the Sims 2 game, I loved the Joshua trees because I think they are beautiful in real life (I`ve only seen pix). You CAN find them in Sims 3 if you buy Lucky Palms world.