Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Live Without...

This thread is about what you can't live without when you create a new family.

What I am saying is that, can you live without a type of family in your neighborhood?

I can't live without Justine Keaton in my family.

So who can you live without?

Comments

• Options
    TimWatson224TimWatson224 Posts: 442 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Not sure. My sim has been friends with Ashley Corono, Walter Fullman, and Skip Taylor from Uni. So when I moved her to Bridgeport I moved them as well. And when I was ready for her to go back to SV I put her uni friends and the Belle and Hamming family in SV to. SO I guess I cant live without the people I listed. lol

I don't like Marty Keaton he called the police on my daughter for pranking his home. lol
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited May 2013
    Not sure. My sim has been friends with Ashley Corono, Walter Fullman, and Skip Taylor from Uni. So when I moved her to Bridgeport I moved them as well. And when I was ready for her to go back to SV I put her uni friends and the Belle and Hamming family in SV to. SO I guess I cant live without the people I listed. lol

I don't like Marty Keaton he called the police on my daughter for pranking his home. lol
    That's Marty for you.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2013
    Probably the Jones family in Riverview (they're also in LynxAQ's Sunset Valley (Second Edition) ). For rich Sims they're really nice (not snobby at all) and with using NRaas Story Progression they usually have a ton of kids (in my Riverview game Hannah actually went into labor at the gift-giving party my Sim invited her and her daughter Beatrice to attend -- my Sim's oldest son was going steady with Beatrice). I should save them to the bin sometime. I haven't played with them much but I like the Greenwoods (Twinbrook); I had one game ages ago where Emerald and my Sim got married, and now that we've got more vegetarian options it would be a lot more fun.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Probably the Jones family in Riverview (they're also in LynxAQ's Sunset Valley (Second Edition) ). For rich Sims they're really nice (not snobby at all) and with using NRaas Story Progression they usually have a ton of kids (in my Riverview game Hannah actually went into labor at the gift-giving party my Sim invited her and her daughter Beatrice to attend -- my Sim's oldest son was going steady with Beatrice). I should save them to the bin sometime. I haven't played with them much but I like the Greenwoods (Twinbrook); I had one game ages ago where Emerald and my Sim got married, and now that we've got more vegetarian options it would be a lot more fun.

The Jones family looks pretty cool, yet Riverview doesn't work for me. :/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Super Amazing Bump
  • Options
    extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited May 2013
    I can't live without a dishwasher and a maid. They are the first two things I get when I move into a house. I don't care what I do, I call for service, get a maid, cancel the newspaper and purchase the dishwasher.

Generally, I shack up with the maid right away and try and get her pregnant. I never marry her or ask her out on a date or anything more than always try and WooHoo with her.

Then I go out and cat about town with as many other women as possible. I love to make the guy a real cad.
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited May 2013
    I guess I can't live without the funke family, they start off in the family bin, but I allways add them in my neighborhoods, there fun to play to, I like spencer the best though but the rest are still fun.
  • Options
    LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Vampires, they have to be somewhere in my game.

Also when I remember I like to place zebra striped flamingoes on pedestals somewhere in my sims' homes. Not a home without them...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I guess I can't live without the funke family, they start off in the family bin, but I allways add them in my neighborhoods, there fun to play to, I like spencer the best though but the rest are still fun.

I like the Funkes too. They are pretty cool.
  • Options
    kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't really have any families that I can't do without, I have a few sims in the bin that I created and lately I have been putting them in the worlds I am playing in. But I can live without having them in a town. I do like the Gwen and Holden, who are a household in the family bin. They are roomates and Gwen has red hair and a squeaky voice, They were one of the earlier families that I used to play with.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited May 2013
    I can't live without Mortimer Goth - even when I don't play him, he's in all my saves. I also can't live without the fridge that is a reward for reaching the top of the cooking career.
  • Options
    VRStevensonVRStevenson Posts: 4,396 Member
    edited May 2013
    after some thought, the only thing that is a constant in all my games is that the first lifetime reward my sims get is Long Distance Friend...i cant stand when relationships decay!!
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,209 Member
    edited May 2013
    I can't live without TVs! Those things are a lifesaver when it comes to certain skills and relationships. If I have a big family, all I have to do is set them all down and have them watch. Their relationships go up in no time!

As for families, I can't live without the Rackets in Twinbrook, or at least, I can't live without Shark and his uncle Dudley. After I kill off Shark's family and sell off the house and furniture, the fortune is his to spend. :lol:
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,598 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi :)

The EA families I seem to always add to neighborhoods I play are the Newbies and the Goths. :)

I have a lot of families made by other Simmers that I add- they're like old friends in the game. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi :)

The EA families I seem to always add to neighborhoods I play are the Newbies and the Goths. :)

I have a lot of families made by other Simmers that I add- they're like old friends in the game. :D

I am not surprised that people must have the Goths in their world. :P
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if this qualifies but I must have plants in every room, even the bathroom. Even in the cheapest house there's always room and money for a plant or two, it just makes it more homey. :D

Most of my houses look like a jungle in one room at least. It's what I look for the first thing in an ep. I know, I need help. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have 3 families I've created, two own horse ranches and one is a crazy cat family. I must have them as neighbors in every world i play.

I also must have a dishwasher and cancel the news paper. Funny....I thought I was the only one that hated the newspaper delivery LOL

I also must have a pond with fountain in my front yard. I like to see random animals come up to my yard.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited May 2013
    I can't play without cheats, or Twallan's mods, so without them there would be no families in my worlds, as there would be no game for me.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,559 Member
    edited May 2013
    I can't live without editing the towns.
    It doesn't matter what EA makes. I always turn it into something I like.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Shadowninja2Shadowninja2 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited May 2013
    I really can live without any EA made family. I'm probably the only one to not bother with learning names and such. I can't live without certain cheats though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thevogel wrote:
    I have 3 families I've created, two own horse ranches and one is a crazy cat family. I must have them as neighbors in every world i play.

I also must have a dishwasher and cancel the news paper. Funny....I thought I was the only one that hated the newspaper delivery LOL

I also must have a pond with fountain in my front yard. I like to see random animals come up to my yard.

Ohh! I love cats!
  • Options
    MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    edited May 2013
    bshag4lv wrote:
    I don't know if this qualifies but I must have plants in every room, even the bathroom. Even in the cheapest house there's always room and money for a plant or two, it just makes it more homey. :D

Most of my houses look like a jungle in one room at least. It's what I look for the first thing in an ep. I know, I need help. :D

I guess I need help too 'cause I'm the same way! Same with outdoor plants. My Sims yards always turn into jungles. In fact, I'll buy my Sims plants and trees before I buy them anything practical. :roll:

I secretly wish for a stuff pack that's nothing but plants, flowers and trees. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    MRSMLOG wrote:
    bshag4lv wrote:

I guess I need help too 'cause I'm the same way! Same with outdoor plants. My Sims yards always turn into jungles. In fact, I'll buy my Sims plants and trees before I buy them anything practical. :roll:

I secretly wish for a stuff pack that's nothing but plants, flowers and trees. :D

Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff Pack features outdoor material.
  • Options
    neonkitty10neonkitty10 Posts: 180 Member
    edited May 2013
    EA made sims I can't live without are:
    Agnes Crumplebottom
    Cornelia Goth (as a young adult)
    Mortimer Goth (as a toddler)
    Bessie and Buster Clavell (as young adults)
    For some reason I like to take older sims back in time as Young Adults to play out how they met their spouse, or just to restart their life, or just to see what they looked like. :D
    Also, I can't live without at least one original Al Simharan in my town, or at least a Arab sim made by me. I always place my Indian sim, my African family, and my Asian family. Although I never see them. :(
  • Options
    neonkitty10neonkitty10 Posts: 180 Member
    edited May 2013
    EA made sims I can't live without are:
    Agnes Crumplebottom
    Cornelia Goth (as a young adult)
    Mortimer Goth (as a toddler)
    Bessie and Buster Clavell (as young adults)
    For some reason I like to take older sims back in time as Young Adults to play out how they met their spouse, or just to restart their life, or just to see what they looked like. :D
    Also, I can't live without at least one original Al Simharan in my town, or at least a Arab sim made by me. I always place my Indian sim, my African family, and my Asian family. Although I never see them. :(

About Gunther, I don't like him for some reason. I have no idea why. I tend to give Cornelia Stiles McGraw as her significant other. Sometimes a sim I made myself.