Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

45 minutes? Um, no.

I'm a high powered business tycoon with a pen of Venezuelan beavers requiring frequent care. And a short attention span. I can't sit down and watch a 45-minute video when there are hostile takeovers to be finalized!

Has anyone on the internets written a summary yet? I found a series of nice screenshots, but Google is failing to deliver me written words.

Your assistance would reflect very well on your Christmas bonus. I am not an ungenerous CEO.

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited April 2013
    You might want to check out the fact sheet on Island Paradise at Simsvip.com. I'm sure that they have updated their facts sheet there by now. The facts sheet covers all points on Island Paradise to date. :D
  • HalloweenCandyHalloweenCandy Posts: 154
    edited April 2013
    I honestly don't know what you're going on about o.o
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited April 2013
    Let's see...

Resorts are not just rabbitholes. There is a rabbit-hole building that is required to be on all resort lots, it can be upgraded 3 times and has something to do with how many visitors you may have at any one time. This is the "room" your vacationers get when they buy the "standard room" for their stay. The higher level rooms are room you design yourself on your lot. You may use blueprint or design your own. For the rabbithole building, once you upgrade to the third level, your rabbithole becomes a spa as well and operates just like any homeworld spa.

The term Pool Slides was misleading. There will be no big amusement ride type slides. Bummer. However, there is now a blueprint tool for pools. Yay!

The management of your resort is a bit more complex than I had thought it would be. There is a whole panel that comes up allowing you to micro-manage if you like. You can hire maintenance workers for repairs and clean up - kind of reminds me of rollercoaster tycoon that way only the workers have sim minds and don't always do what they are supposed to. You can specify which sim you want to hire from a list.

The pool bar allows you to hire a bartender. Oh, and if you have Late Night, if you place a pool bar on your lot, you will be able to hire a bartender for that as well. Hm. Kinda cool.

Ummm... the hot coals pit thingie has three levels of heat and is a mini-skill (or whatever they're calling it). Didn't specify how many levels there are, but I would think it is similar to skating, etc.

You do not have to own a resort to visit one. I guess the world ships with a resort already made, and your sims can just go visit if you want to use it like a vacation. And, you can build resorts in any home world. Yay!

Your sim-visitors' thought bubbles will tell you what they are thinking about your resort and its amenities. Like that.

Oh and... AQUA SLEDS.

Both resorts and residential lots can be built out over the water. It is a new lot type - half land, half water lot. Resorts are venues.

And I thought I heard them say you can own more than one resort. Yay!

OK - SP coming soon has monsters costumes, cowboy costumes, villans, etc. Some wild west stuff, some monster set stuff. But it was just pictures of the concept art so it's hard to say anything about that.

And...

THERE BE DRAGONS!!!

New World being released online sometime soon (Spring) called Dragon Valley. OMG - I sound like I'm 12 but I don't care - baby dragons!!!! And a medieval feel/look, and it said something about elves at the end with the "play with" thing they do. It said dragons, eggs, blah blah blah Elves blah blah blah. Not that it was boring, I just didn't catch it all.

But DRAGONS!!!!!
  • thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited April 2013
    Just smile, and nod. Smile and nod.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited April 2013
    Surreal wrote:
    Let's see...

Resorts are not just rabbitholes. There is a rabbit-hole building that is required to be on all resort lots, it can be upgraded 3 times and has something to do with how many visitors you may have at any one time. This is the "room" your vacationers get when they buy the "standard room" for their stay. The higher level rooms are room you design yourself on your lot. You may use blueprint or design your own. For the rabbithole building, once you upgrade to the third level, your rabbithole becomes a spa as well and operates just like any homeworld spa.

The term Pool Slides was misleading. There will be no big amusement ride type slides. Bummer. However, there is now a blueprint tool for pools. Yay!

The management of your resort is a bit more complex than I had thought it would be. There is a whole panel that comes up allowing you to micro-manage if you like. You can hire maintenance workers for repairs and clean up - kind of reminds me of rollercoaster tycoon that way only the workers have sim minds and don't always do what they are supposed to. You can specify which sim you want to hire from a list.

The pool bar allows you to hire a bartender. Oh, and if you have Late Night, if you place a pool bar on your lot, you will be able to hire a bartender for that as well. Hm. Kinda cool.

Ummm... the hot coals pit thingie has three levels of heat and is a mini-skill (or whatever they're calling it). Didn't specify how many levels there are, but I would think it is similar to skating, etc.

You do not have to own a resort to visit one. I guess the world ships with a resort already made, and your sims can just go visit if you want to use it like a vacation. And, you can build resorts in any home world. Yay!

Your sim-visitors' thought bubbles will tell you what they are thinking about your resort and its amenities. Like that.

Oh and... AQUA SLEDS.

Both resorts and residential lots can be built out over the water. It is a new lot type - half land, half water lot. Resorts are venues.

And I thought I heard them say you can own more than one resort. Yay!

OK - SP coming soon has monsters costumes, cowboy costumes, villans, etc. Some wild west stuff, some monster set stuff. But it was just pictures of the concept art so it's hard to say anything about that.

And...

THERE BE DRAGONS!!!

New World being released online sometime soon (Spring) called Dragon Valley. OMG - I sound like I'm 12 but I don't care - baby dragons!!!! And a medieval feel/look, and it said something about elves at the end with the "play with" thing they do. It said dragons, eggs, blah blah blah Elves blah blah blah. Not that it was boring, I just didn't catch it all.

But DRAGONS!!!!!

I missed where you can own more than one resort...and I'm glad that "managing" doesn't mean your Sim has to spend all day there like with the stores in Open For Business. This will be great for my Sims that have a lot of extra money (I have a couple of really rich families).

Kind of like the combo rabbit hole/open feature -- so you don't have to try and design every single room, just the "deluxe" rooms, with private balconies and everything. (Cool feature would be a mini-bar, or hope we can use the mini-fridge from Uni Life in the deluxe rooms. And looking forward to designing my resort workers' uniform -- hope there'll be a lot of items unlocked for career wear because I want to put the maids in the seashell bra and skirt from Seasons. :mrgreen:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • lupusrex180lupusrex180 Posts: 644 Member
    edited April 2013
    I honestly don't know what you're going on about o.o

At this point, neither do I.

Big thanks to the folks who wrote their own summary here. You didn't have to do that! =)
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited April 2013
    Big thanks to the folks who wrote their own summary here. You didn't have to do that! =)

I know but I'm squeeing all over the place.

Wow. That's sounds really odd.

Anyway - did you see the part about DRAGONS?????? Squeeeeeeee!!!!!!
    edited April 2013
    Surreal wrote:
    I know but I'm squeeing all over the place.

Wow. That's sounds really odd.

Just be sure to put newspapers on the floor first. Thanks again for that summary!!
    edited April 2013

In my culture, a combined smile and nod is a mating signal.

How you doin'?

1FRNag98.jpg

Just kidding.
  • Bonks305Bonks305 Posts: 33 New Member
    edited April 2013
    The live chat was a waste of my time to be honest. I only want to here about the underwater features and mermaids.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited April 2013
    No really you can just copy one of the premade hotels to the library. Some of them will have the luxery suite. That's only if your building one.

• LunaDiemLunaDiem Posts: 77
    edited April 2013
    I'm a high powered business tycoon with a pen of Venezuelan beavers requiring frequent care. And a short attention span. I can't sit down and watch a 45-minute video when there are hostile takeovers to be finalized!

Has anyone on the internets written a summary yet? I found a series of nice screenshots, but Google is failing to deliver me written words.

Your assistance would reflect very well on your Christmas bonus. I am not an ungenerous CEO.

I like you. You amuse me.
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited April 2013
    Yes, I know. Why stopped 15 mins early before it actually end. It is supposed to be one hour. Other than that, it was nice and exciting to see some details, etc.
  • dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited April 2013

How you doin'?

1FRNag98.jpg

Just kidding.

OMG--you crack me up!!!! :lol:

Joey-joey-tribbiani-32113644-500-351_zpscfbcc5d4.gif
  • kymber13kymber13 Posts: 274 Member
    edited April 2013

How you doin'?

1FRNag98.jpg

Just kidding.

Your posts are totally cracking me up!!! ;)