We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think the resorts will include visible hotels or will the hotel sections be rabbit holes?

I dont know if this has been confirmed yet, in my mind I had an idea of a resort including a hotel section where my sims could order room service etc. Then someone commented on the trailer, by the resort section, the buildings surrounding the pool looked like a rabbit hole, so this got me thinking, the definition of a resort is a recreational area which can include a pool and restaurant and a hotel is different, so now I dont think we are getting playable hotels, as the resort they talk about would be the pool area, bars, buffet table then the rabbit hole towers would be the "hotel" section, any thoughts or confirmations? :roll:

Comments

• blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited April 2013
    I don't think they are RHs, because I have been looking at screens from the announce video and intently looking at the close up of the clerk at the hotel desk.

http://www.pinguintech.nl/2013/04/10/de-sims-3-exotisch-eiland-trailer-screens/

The outer walls have patterns that is basegame and RHs walls are not patterned after what is usable in the game. But that may be my wishful thinking or maybe not. :lol:
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • HannoieHannoie Posts: 752 Member
    edited April 2013
    They wouldn't put so much focus on a RH. No, I think you actually will be able to design and manually run the resort.
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm starting to think that it may be a combination of both. They said you use a resort blueprint so it makes me think that it may be like the Showtime clubs that you can't change much of it without cheats. It also sounds like there is part of the building that you have free reign in. It is very contradicting. Build your own but it obviously has a rabbithole feel. It will be interesting to hear about in the chat. If it is disappointing, unfortunately, it will be skirted, so I'm not sure how much we will actually learn.
  • DFGuyDFGuy Posts: 361 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I think it'll be like high rises and show venues. The building will have markers and only a few rooms are visible and public.
  • thesimlingthesimling Posts: 4,486 New Member
    edited April 2013
    blewis823 wrote:
    The outer walls have patterns that is basegame and RHs walls are not patterned after what is usable in the game. But that may be my wishful thinking or maybe not. :lol:
    I think it is, if you recall Sunlit Tides (AS was a bit of a backtrack :lol: ) rabbitholes, they were very realistic in terms of what you could create with the game's patterns. So sadly, that isn't really a basis on which to judge.

That being said, if I understand the way they work correctly, everyone has a feature of their own (hence why SimGuruGraham knows little about scuba diving, since he worked on the houseboats) - following this logic, there will have been dedicated people working on resorts. And I don't know about you, but they're slacking if they spent all of that time making a rabbithole!

That being said, I'm a bit tired of how many times they've tried to do apartment/resort style lots... Late Night (you don't pay rent), University Life (you don't have you own rooms)... hopefully, in Island Paradise, we will be able to have a ROOM (or combination of rooms) like in TS2 UL.

P.S. I know apartments and resorts aren't the same, but they work on the same principal of having "your" space.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,334 Member
    edited April 2013
    Surely we ll be able to see our as in them because they said Sims we play can stay in them while an NPC runs them. I think they ll work like LN apartments the room our Sims check into will be visible plus we ll probebly check in by going to the NPC attendent in the lobby and clicking on the room we want.

That wouldn't make sense to have our Sims sleep in a hotel and not able to see them.
  • boggieboggie Posts: 348 Member
    edited April 2013
    :| I'm hoping they're not rabbit holes. I want to decorate rooms and hotel interiors. I also hope it's not like the apartments in Late Night. I thought the the apartments stunk :thumbdown: with a whole building and only being able to play one rental. I do like the blueprint idea only if it means we can tweak it outside and inside.
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited April 2013
    But didn't the trailer show a speed build of the resort being built? I'll go watch it again just to make sure...

EDIT: Never mind, there wasn't a speed build of the resort, but still, it seems highly unlikely that it's a rabbithole. In fact, even rabbitholes have interiors you can see through the windows. I think they just didn't bother to build an interior since it's only being showed in the video.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited April 2013
    They're not rabbitholes. You can build them yourself; this has been confirmed both via Twitter and the IP information sheet on Origin.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited April 2013
    They're not rabbitholes. You can build them yourself; this has been confirmed both via Twitter and the IP information sheet on Origin.

This is true; Resorts are not RH's.

It is confirmed players can build their own resorts from ground up or they can use the specific resort blue-print mode to use pre-made rooms/pool areas, etc.

I tried to find the proof to link but I cannot find it at this time as I cannot remember where I read that. :? I'll update this post with a link if I find it or maybe someone else knows where to look for it and post it.

Anyway Resorts are one of the main features of IP, therefore it is NOT a RH.

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited April 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:

It is confirmed players can build their own resorts from ground up or they can use the specific resort blue-print mode to use pre-made rooms/pool areas, etc.

I tried to find the proof to link but I cannot find it at this time as I cannot remember where I read that. :? I'll update this post with a link if I find it or maybe someone else knows where to look for it and post it.

Graham's twitter account.
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited April 2013
    thesimling wrote:
    blewis823 wrote:
    I think it is, if you recall Sunlit Tides (AS was a bit of a backtrack :lol: ) rabbitholes, they were very realistic in terms of what you could create with the game's patterns. So sadly, that isn't really a basis on which to judge.

That being said, if I understand the way they work correctly, everyone has a feature of their own (hence why SimGuruGraham knows little about scuba diving, since he worked on the houseboats) - following this logic, there will have been dedicated people working on resorts. And I don't know about you, but they're slacking if they spent all of that time making a rabbithole!

That being said, I'm a bit tired of how many times they've tried to do apartment/resort style lots... Late Night (you don't pay rent), University Life (you don't have you own rooms)... hopefully, in Island Paradise, we will be able to have a ROOM (or combination of rooms) like in TS2 UL.

P.S. I know apartments and resorts aren't the same, but they work on the same principal of having "your" space.

I sure hope you're right about having a room only for our sims. I think that would just be amazing, especially if our sims could live at the resort all the time. I would also like it if our sims had to pay "rent" or some sort of resort fee for staying at the resort. Depending upon the kind of resort, the prices could vary.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Allct222Allct222 Posts: 610 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi everyone, I know that the resorts are not rabbit holes, the resort section in the trailer was the pool, and recreation area-this technically is the definition of a resort! I am concerned about the hotel sections, I really do hope it will be a room like in LN that we can choose, but a few comments have been made about resort rabbit hole towers(which has been hinted at being the hotel section) and we dont hear anything about hotels, so thats what my question was about, if anyone knew anything about hotels and if they were rabbit holes or how they could combine with resorts? Hopefully the live broadcast can shed some light. :?
    edited April 2013
    Allct222 wrote:
    Hi everyone, I know that the resorts are not rabbit holes, the resort section in the trailer was the pool, and recreation area-this technically is the definition of a resort! I am concerned about the hotel sections, I really do hope it will be a room like in LN that we can choose, but a few comments have been made about resort rabbit hole towers(which has been hinted at being the hotel section) and we dont hear anything about hotels, so thats what my question was about, if anyone knew anything about hotels and if they were rabbit holes or how they could combine with resorts? Hopefully the live broadcast can shed some light. :?

According to Graham? Resort = Hotel. For Sims 3, they're the same thing.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited April 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:

Graham's twitter account.

Nope, cannot find it and I don't think I've read from Twitter either. Oh well.

Duh, I read right over it 2 times, it is right there in front of my eyes! :roll: :roll: :roll:
    http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?month=03&year=2013
    Allct222 wrote:

The resort towers purpose is just to attract sims/vacationers to the resort. I think that's right.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”