Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chicken Coop - What I've Learnt From Playing :)

Hi everybody!!

So I, like many others, was super excited for the release of the Chicken Coop and the items that came with that set.

Yesterday I was playing the game all day because I had a lit review to finish and it was either The Sims 3 or playing with my ball of White-Tac again, but that was getting boring because I've been playing with that all week!

Anywho! Here's what I've learnt about the coop.

The eggs! Harvested eggs can be put into the fridge. Any recipe which uses egg in it will use your own eggs (such as the waffles).

Exotic Egg! I thought these were supposed to be rare? The first time my Sim harvested the egg he got one of these. They are each worth $1,500 and can be sold. OR! Keep them in your inventory and you will get a positive moodlet. Well, until the exotic egg goes rotten :P

The Chicks are quite possibly the most cutest little things I've seen!!! Its really amusing watching them jump around the place and bopping up and down.

Snow So, a question I was wondering before yesterday was "how will snow effect this object?" I knew that the chickens wouldn't run free and that it would be animated, so I was worried about the chicks being swamped by snow and everything looking bad (chickens included!!) covered in snow. Fortunately the designers thought ahead and have not made it possible for snow to accumulate on this object, or around it. The is a sort of "space" on the ground between the item and the build up of snow. I should have taken images!!




I'll be back later to edit this post with new finds and images! I hope some of this information helps you! It's a nice item and while it isn't groundbreaking, it's one of those items that you can use to make your Sims seem more "grounded" in their life :)

Comments

  • Options
    MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for taking the time to write this :)
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited April 2013
    I have more to add to it when I fire up the game later. I'm going to take some pictures too :D
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2013
    I recommend printing off an image of the coop and putting it up on the wall with that naughty distracting tac! :D

    I'm really interested in seeing the screenshot of the snow.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hello Weealbet :) Thank you for this information. I did not know how much the exotic eggs sold for as I kept mine [Ugh! I did not realize it would go rotten - silly me :)] Wow, $1,500 that is alot of simoleons :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited April 2013
    You didn't mention the sounds that come from the object. I was hoping to find out what time the rooster crows or info on the mean chicken.
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited April 2013
    You didn't mention the sounds that come from the object. I was hoping to find out what time the rooster crows or info on the mean chicken.

    I'll be coming back to this later on when I've got more of my work done (and I've taken pictures in the game).

    The rooster will make a noise at 5pm and 5am daily. It isn't overly loud though, so you won't need to worry about it getting annoying after a while.

    The Evil Chicken interactions advertise to Sims too much I think. I had Sims round and it turned into a Chicken Coop Party!

    You can argue with Charles and fight with him. When fighting with him if you win you get a moodlet which give a +20 mood boost (I think it's called "tastes like chicken"). If you lose I believe it's called "Chicken Blocked". After the first fight there is a cooldown period before you can fight Charles again.

    Arguing with Charles will give a little message box with Sims saying something along the lines of "I don't know what Charles was saying, but it sounded like he said (insert random insult here)" My personal favorite insult that I've seen was something like "I've seen some hard boiled eggs in my time, but you are 20 minutes" hehe.
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited April 2013
    I recommend printing off an image of the coop and putting it up on the wall with that naughty distracting tac! :D

    I'm really interested in seeing the screenshot of the snow.

    :lol: How did I not see this?! It seriously cracked me up!! :D
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2013
    Weealbet wrote:
    I recommend printing off an image of the coop and putting it up on the wall with that naughty distracting tac! :D

    I'm really interested in seeing the screenshot of the snow.

    :lol: How did I not see this?! It seriously cracked me up!! :D

    :D

    When you say the evil chicken advertises too much, do you mean that sims autonomously fight with Charles? I'm not sure I like that. Is it household sims or just visitors? I like how he fights zombies and grim! :D
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hello Weealbet :) Thank you for this information. I did not know how much the exotic eggs sold for as I kept mine [Ugh! I did not realize it would go rotten - silly me :)] Wow, $1,500 that is alot of simoleons :D

    Yeah, I didn't realize that they go rotten after a while either. It comes up with a little message box in the corner letting you know what has happened and the "Disgusted" moodlet tells you that it's from a bad egg, so you won't be left hunting trying to sort it out and figure out what is making your Sim disgusted :lol:
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited April 2013
    Weealbet wrote:
    I recommend printing off an image of the coop and putting it up on the wall with that naughty distracting tac! :D

    I'm really interested in seeing the screenshot of the snow.

    :lol: How did I not see this?! It seriously cracked me up!! :D

    :D

    When you say the evil chicken advertises too much, do you mean that sims autonomously fight with Charles? I'm not sure I like that. Is it household sims or just visitors? I like how he fights zombies and grim! :D

    Sims (household and visitors) will autonomously fight and argue with Charles unfortunately. The item does advertise itself a lot, but I was playing a new household where the only entertainment object was the TV. It might be that the fun advertisement from the TV wasn't as high as the fun from the Chicken Coop. Visitors will also feed the chickens (it doesn't come out of your playable Sims' money though). If you have chicks they are played with autonomously too :)

    I can't remember though if your household will autonomously feed the chickens though.

    EDIT: I have a mod installed so I don't get the random spawnage of the zombies. I've not had a Sim die for a while either. I like the music Grim brings though. I may have to have an "accident" so I can listen to it :D
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited April 2013
    Does anything happen if your sims forget to feed their chickens?
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,935 Member
    edited April 2013
    I haven't noticed my sims doing anything autonomously with the chickens.

    When I forget to feed them they still stay alive so maybe the sims are feeding them and I don't know about it. If I forget to collect the eggs I get more chickens. The chickens stay for a few days and then vanish.
  • Options
    ohhjulietohhjuliet Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited April 2013
    I was wondering what would happen in the winter to the coop! Thanks!
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited April 2013
    I posted this in another thread a few days ago. Sorry it's a repeat picture:

    Screenshot-24.jpg"width=600"

    I think it does well in the snow.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited April 2013
    Weealbet wrote:
    Hi everybody!!

    So I, like many others, was super excited for the release of the Chicken Coop and the items that came with that set.

    Yesterday I was playing the game all day because I had a lit review to finish and it was either The Sims 3 or playing with my ball of White-Tac again, but that was getting boring because I've been playing with that all week!

    :wink::wink::wink: So glad I know what white-tac is. :wink::wink::wink:
    Weealbet wrote:
    Anywho! Here's what I've learnt about the coop.

    The eggs! Harvested eggs can be put into the fridge. Any recipe which uses egg in it will use your own eggs (such as the waffles).

    Exotic Egg! I thought these were supposed to be rare? The first time my Sim harvested the egg he got one of these. They are each worth $1,500 and can be sold. OR! Keep them in your inventory and you will get a positive moodlet. Well, until the exotic egg goes rotten :P

    Wish there was a recipe you could use these for. Who remembers Capt. Kirk making scrambled eggs in ST: Generations
    Weealbet wrote:
    The Chicks are quite possibly the most cutest little things I've seen!!! Its really amusing watching them jump around the place and bopping up and down.

    Snow So, a question I was wondering before yesterday was "how will snow effect this object?" I knew that the chickens wouldn't run free and that it would be animated, so I was worried about the chicks being swamped by snow and everything looking bad (chickens included!!) covered in snow. Fortunately the designers thought ahead and have not made it possible for snow to accumulate on this object, or around it. The is a sort of "space" on the ground between the item and the build up of snow. I should have taken images!!

    Good to know! It must have a hidden umbrella protecting it from "fowl" weather. :roll: (That even sounded corny to me.)
    Weealbet wrote:
    I'll be back later to edit this post with new finds and images! I hope some of this information helps you! It's a nice item and while it isn't groundbreaking, it's one of those items that you can use to make your Sims seem more "grounded" in their life :)

    Can't wait to see the pictures. Now if we could get a milking barn and some cows--that would allow additional game play with the ice-cream maker.


    Edit: I restarted the quote in the wrong place, and missed the last paragraph entirely. Oops. Second time around--fixed spacing issues to make it pretty.
  • Options
    dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited April 2013
    Idontrcall wrote:
    I posted this in another thread a few days ago. Sorry it's a repeat picture:

    Screenshot-24.jpg"width=600"

    I think it does well in the snow.

    Awesome! The white horse (or was it a unicorn--don't have my glasses on) adds a lovely touch.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top