Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What could it be? :D

Hi everyone!

So, it's Spring Break and I have only two assignments left to complete before the end of my second year at university. After the breakdown of last week I decided that I would have some "me" time at the beginning of the holiday. Which meant taking the laptop I got earlier in the month out for a real spin.

I love Aurora Skies, and at the moment I'm adding new lots to the world. This is the latest one! Any guesses as to what it could be? :lol:

Screenshot-249_zps309ab94a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2013
    Theatre!!!

Glad you're enjoying your game and taking a well earned break. :D
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited April 2013
    Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! :D

I've just changed the front up a little there. I love the Street Art skill which was introduced in University Life and realized that there is no space for grunging the place up a little. So the huge white are is now home to a few of the movie posters and there are some blank "canvas" areas for my little Simmie's to express their self with :D
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited April 2013
    I agree, it is a Cinema :) It looks great Weealbet :thumbup: It really suits Aurora Skies :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited April 2013
    Nice work it fits Aurora Skies nicely, I like colors you used.
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Weealbet wrote:
    Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! :D

I've just changed the front up a little there. I love the Street Art skill which was introduced in University Life and realized that there is no space for grunging the place up a little. So the huge white are is now home to a few of the movie posters and there are some blank "canvas" areas for my little Simmie's to express their self with :D

Ah, good thinking! :thumbup:

It really suits the style of AS.

I love the street art skill! It has to be one of my faves. But I was testing my CAW world and I think poor Cinderelli-sim was the only sim for a while because she would be arrested EVERY TIME!!!

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Sorry, I got carried away with the creenshots there. :oops: But seriously... that cop was very persistant. :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited April 2013
    Thank you everyone :D I've shut the game down quickly, but I'm enjoying building. I'm not very good at it though haha. I couldn't really build much on my old laptop because it would want to die on me! Everything about this game feels new again, it's great! :D

I love the street art skill! It has to be one of my faves. But I was testing my CAW world and I think poor Cinderelli-sim was the only sim for a while because she would be arrested EVERY TIME!!!
    *Snip, snip, snippity, snip*

Sorry, I got carried away with the creenshots there. :oops: But seriously... that cop was very persistant. :roll: :lol:

I think that's why I enjoy building for AS, a lot of people seem to complain because of the "boxyness" of the lots. I like them because they are somewhat easy to follow the theme of and you start to pick up a couple of tricks, it's like the beginners lot building world!! :D

In my other world I had an artist/rebel Sim who was constantly spray painting over campus and back in her home world too. Not once has she been arrested for it!!

I think the police like her. Her (then) friend, and now boyfriend, threw a mid-term keg party on campus and after a meteorite came and crashed in the back yard (my first ever time seeing one!! :D), the police arrived and told them to break up the party.

The police officer picked up Robyn, the arty Sim, and did a keg stand with her. Then dropped her! It was amusing :D

• Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited April 2013
    I would have guessed bowling alley, suppose those are on my mind today! :lol: Anyway you've done an awesome job, looks really great and glad to know you've made other lots for Aurora.

LOVE your 'Lucky Red' lot!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO THANK YOU!! That's definitely going in Aurora!!
    Weealbet wrote:

I think that's why I enjoy building for AS, a lot of people seem to complain because of the "boxyness" of the lots. I like them because they are somewhat easy to follow the theme of and you start to pick up a couple of tricks, it's like the beginners lot building world!! :D

I didn't care for the screenshots of AS when it was first released but after playing it, it's now become my favorite town. :D It feels like, even on a medium computer, you can throw *everything* in there and it'll still run well. Precisely because everything IS so boxy. And no matter how much stuff I cram in there, it still looks great!

And yes, it is easy to build there, I'm still needing an Elixir shop though... Finally found a picture to use as inspiration (cos hey needs to be creepy AND cheerful, LOL) but was having trouble working with the only reasonably appropriate location, since the ground is not flat and there still needs to be space for the broom-riding thing (and a big deck looks stupid). OH!! I haz an ideeeea!! :D

A long while back, relatively, SimGuroCopeland posted a screenshot of a lot that he had made... uhuh. Totally stealing his idea, hee hee. It was purty...

Btw Cindirellimouse, is your computer situation still the same? You live in the UK right? Seriously too bad I don't live closer to you, if that were the case then you could have this one. It's still running *almost everything* quite well for the time-being, although a couple days ago it apparently didn't like the Exchange, which scared me. Was thinking it would be nice if somebody just gave you their old one if they were upgrading. That's what I used to do with my old computers, before it occurred to me to use them as backups. And they were gaming computers in their day, so the school I gave them to, was thrilled. Hmmm, that's a good use for my "practice" -- going to take my old ones apart and put them back together. I even have my own copy of Windows 7 (32 bit) Professional. So I could play with relatively very cheap (new) components (if necessary) to make basic browsing machines, just to see how picking systems works out, and then give them away.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited April 2013

You have had very bad luck Cinderellimouse :( My sim is alway tagging around town. Her skill level is at 10 and not once has she been arrested :) However, naughty cops always, without fail, turn up whenever I throw a party to break it up and send everyone home. This is very frustrating, so much so, that I have started using cheats to delete them :lol::mrgreen:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,621 Member
    edited April 2013
    Very colourful, Weealbet, and patriotic too (depending on where you live lol).

I've been busy revamping AS yesterday and this morning - was just doing some editing to the library. Can't wait to get started on some little houses.

I will be patient and wait for a sale on the theatre, it's definitely not an urgent requirement for me :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Weealbet wrote:
    I think the police like her. Her (then) friend, and now boyfriend, threw a mid-term keg party on campus and after a meteorite came and crashed in the back yard (my first ever time seeing one!! :D), the police arrived and told them to break up the party.

The police officer picked up Robyn, the arty Sim, and did a keg stand with her. Then dropped her! It was amusing :D

Lol! Are you sure he wasn't a stripper? :lol: I've never seen a meteorite crash! I've had that pop up where your sim is using the telescope and then you go to map view and find the meteorite... but never seen one actually crash on the lot.

I don't think I'm a very good builder either (although I think you're underestimating yourself) so that's a good tip about building the AS lots... I might work on AS when I get my game back.

Btw Cindirellimouse, is your computer situation still the same? You live in the UK right? Seriously too bad I don't live closer to you, if that were the case then you could have this one. It's still running *almost everything* quite well for the time-being, although a couple days ago it apparently didn't like the Exchange, which scared me. Was thinking it would be nice if somebody just gave you their old one if they were upgrading. That's what I used to do with my old computers, before it occurred to me to use them as backups. And they were gaming computers in their day, so the school I gave them to, was thrilled. Hmmm, that's a good use for my "practice" -- going to take my old ones apart and put them back together. I even have my own copy of Windows 7 (32 bit) Professional. So I could play with relatively very cheap (new) components (if necessary) to make basic browsing machines, just to see how picking systems works out, and then give them away.

Aww... that's so sweet of you!!! I'm pretty excited to get a new one though. I can't really afford it and it'll take me a while to pay it back but it'll be amazing to play the game with high settings!!! It's killing me not being able to play though. :cry: Especially when it looks like we're actually getting a chicken coop in the store!!! I want to play NOW!!! :lol:

You have had very bad luck Cinderellimouse :( My sim is alway tagging around town. Her skill level is at 10 and not once has she been arrested :) However, naughty cops always, without fail, turn up whenever I throw a party to break it up and send everyone home. This is very frustrating, so much so, that I have started using cheats to delete them :lol::mrgreen:

Ha ha! I might resort to that eventually!!! Last time I played though, the city was starting to fill up with generated townies, and Cinderelli was starting to get commissions, so I think the cops will leave her alone a bit. I thought it was quite funny actually! I took a liking to one of the cops and tried to get Cinderelli to kiss him... he wasn't impressed. :roll: :lol:

screenshot_original.jpg