Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creating a "functioning" bed and breakfast

SinkalaSinkala Posts: 475 Member
I thought I would post in here as I have been experimenting with the idea of making a working hotel/Bed and Breakfast with the roommate system in University life and I have had some success.

My test sim makes around 8000 simoleons a week from running her little B&B.

Here are some tips if you want to do the same.

My sim, Victoria, is a natural cook and has the neat trait (cooking isn't essential but the neat traits "clean house" option makes life a lot easier)

Screenshot-17.jpg

I moved Victoria into a large house with 6 bedrooms and had her use the roomate option with the number set to 7(Max). Once everyone had arrived, I locked the kitchen to only allow Victoria and I locked her bedroom. I added a laundry room off the kitchen so she is the only one who can do laundry.

I added a dining room and placed a counter and dishwasher (this is because some sims like to wash their own dishes and having a dishwasher in the dining room stopped them from trying to wash the dishes in the bathroom) I also added a buffet table so Victoria wasn't spending all day in the kitchen. It's advisable to make sure there isn't an empty counter top in the kitchen or your sim will place the meal on there instead of the dining room counter

Screenshot-5.jpg

Screenshot-6.jpg

The B&B also has a bar area and a library - The bar is closed off and the door to it is locked for Victoria only

Screenshot-16.jpg

Screenshot-14.jpg

Some Bedrooms

Screenshot-7.jpg

Screenshot-9.jpg

Screenshot-10.jpg

I am really enjoying playing this, it really does feel like my sim is running a B&B and she makes a decent living from it. If you ever get tired of your "guests" just dismiss them and a new one will take their place

I will upload the B&B at a later date. The grounds haven't been decorated much as I wanted to see if this worked properly before investing loads of time in making it look perfect.

Comments