Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to have an awesome party at the UNI

One of the fastest ways to gain in your social group is to hold an awesome party and there are several things to do a bit differently to make a lot of sims come and don't just spend time being sleepy, peeing or starving.

No matter what kind of party you throw, always have a keg on the property. take the time to upgrade it before the party to auto refill or you will be busy filling it all the time and not get much interaction done. I like at least one keg outdoors (if the party is going to have any outdoor time and weather is good) and one inside. The most you need - even for the biggest party is 3.

Add at least one tennis table and a shuffle board, and if you have good weather but out the various games - the set of different balls in outdoor activities so jocks can play what they want. I usually go for a nice day/evening and do most stuff outside for more room. Try to keep it in the backyard (or inside) to avoid the police coming. They are more likely to come if the party is near the street/in the front yard or driveway. And are more likely to come for outside then inside parties. I try to balance the big stuff outside and stuff inside for the sims so they move in and out.

When you invite sims try and invite as many of the social group you are trying to climb - the more there to interactive with will help to boost your points in your social group. Don't invite the roommates you live with - they will come anyway. You can invite 12 sims so don't fill those slots up with roommates - invite sims that don't live in your same housing. Also your roommates may invite friends over if not 'invited' to your party and this will increase the numbers.

Use a buffet table and a juice bar with snacks to avoid the hungries.

Make sure your downstairs has either 2 bathrooms or one bath with at least two stalls. Or unlock the upstairs baths too, you can reassign the locks to specif sims later after the party) so everyone at the party can get to a bathroom. If the party is outside or inside/outside port-a-potties can really take the pressure off the bathrooms.

Dance floor is a must and lots of stereos. Many student guests bring their own musical instruments but you can have some before hand.

Add some extra UNI posters and wall art around the house - sims like looking at these.

One big screen TV in one room with a couch helps too.

You don't need the Partius Maximus statue to have a good party. Its fun for the costume changes but just having it will not make the party more or less awesome.

Now once this is all set up and guest have arrived, find all the ones in the social group you are working on and chat or do something with them. After you have concentrated on them work with the others. Keg stands are a good way to make freinds LOL.

As I said - no matter what party you throw (bonfire, house etc) you need the kegs, You can also have a bonfire even if you don't call it a bonfire party but pre prepared if you have a bonfire party or use one at another type of party - all the sims that go near it will get red hygiene and stink - the effect of the bonfire smoke and what vials get tossed in the bonfire. There is not much you can do about that - the sims don't seem to care that they smell from the bonfire and few are attracted to the shower even on the first floor but still good to have one. the only one I worry about jumping in the shower if they get near the bonfire is my own sim so she will not offend guests :)

This has given me awesome party after awesome party although one awesome party given as well as attending one or two others really will bump up the social group points.

Comments

• powerhousepowerhouse Posts: 931 New Member
    edited March 2013
    want a quick way , get the lifetime happiness award for 5000 called legendary host