Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

changed password on origin, now my sims 3 account won't let me log in

First, this is my husband's account. I'm using this b/c I can't log in to my game nor this website.

As the title says, I changed my password on origin, everything works over there, no problem. But this website and MY GAME no longer let me log in.

I can play, but I can't get all my store stuff to work. It all disappeared. All my worlds are giving me error messages that they couldn't place some items and were replaced.

What is going on with this game? with this site? with the store stuff?

I am getting really upset about all the trouble trying to play this game.

Comments

• Katkabaal3Katkabaal3 Posts: 320 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'd suggest going back to Origin and change the password back to the old one, then try changing the password on the sims3 site.
  • conzolej123conzolej123 Posts: 10
    edited March 2013
    Katkabaal3 wrote:
    I'd suggest going back to Origin and change the password back to the old one, then try changing the password on the sims3 site.

I tried it, but it doesn't work. This site it connected to the origin site. The launcher won't work without it. The two are intertwined.

But thanks for trying
  • Katkabaal3Katkabaal3 Posts: 320 Member
    edited March 2013
    Can you still login on Origin?
    edited March 2013
    as stated in my original post, yes, everything over there works fine.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited March 2013
    sorry the only way now to fix this by contacting customer service..good luck
    edited March 2013
    ceejay, I've been trying all morning, they must not have anyone on today or they are still bogged down with Simcity problems.

There is no way to send them an e-mail any more. The only way to contact is using facebook or twitter or live chat with an hours plus wait. I can't sit here in front of my computer for over an hour for someone to get around to helping me.

I thought I'd try my luck here.
  • killersteakkillersteak Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I had this problem myself just now. I removed/backed-up all files in my documents sims folder that looked like cache files of some sort and let the launcher regenerate them, then it let me log in with my new password.
  • DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited March 2013
    See this thread for contact information. There is a phone number included.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/655809.page
  • AngeliquenagelAngeliquenagel Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    I have just had this problem with the Sims 3, your origin account is linked to the Sims 3 account and visa versa, when I clicked on the forgot password on my Sims 3 community, it redirected me to the origins log in page, and I know what my Sims 3 log in and password was, but which didn't help, because I didn't know the one for origin, and even if I clicked on the forgot password at origin it didn't want to redirect at all, I had trouble for about an hour now, but kept fiddling, I've managed to get my origin password reset, I came back to Sims 3 community and entered exactly the password i changed my origin account too. and boom I'm back. REMEMBER,( Even I totally forgot about this) your password MUST consist of lowercase, uppercase and numerical