Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Registration and Pre-order incentives Knowledge Base -Updated 1st page 10/8/13 (Please Read)

Comments

• SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited September 2013
    Pcnc25 wrote:
    Pcnc25 wrote:
    Hi SimGuruRusskii

I have been directed to you through my thread (see below) and as my issue is Origin and registration related I thought this would be the best place to post my problem.

Basically my problem is this. I bought the digital download of Island Paradise through Origin and when I tried to download and install it, it said my Base Game wasn't compatible and that I had to uninstall it from my PC and reinstall it through the My Games section on my Origin account.

My original base game and all other EP and SP are all installed from disk. When I tried installing my digital copy of the base game and I entered the product/registration code it said the code is invalid. I had a look at the date I registered it and it said January 2010. Would this have anything to do with it?

I have tried cleaning the registry and that hasn't worked.

As I am disabled I will find Live chat difficult and as I'm in the UK using the phone will be an issue due to time time difference and other factors.

Is there anything you can do to help me or is there a way I can email customer support.

Thanks

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/708672.page

Hey there,

Are you using this same account to log into origin? if you do and you have the games registered you should see all the game tiles there since you have registered the codes.

Let me know if you don't see the tiles using the same account.

Hi I'm pretty sure I linked my account when I updated to Origin. The only difference is the user names don't match but the email and password do.

I can see all game tiles on both my page on here and on my Origin account.

sorry im late for this one. I have been busy offline.

There is a trick or workaround for this:

Don't install from the orange download button on the game tile. Click on the "i" to go to the information tab of the game and click download and install there.

This is probably because on the game tile for some reason the game is asking for the origin version of the base game and not what you have installed on your HD.

when you install from the "i" tab it checks your files I guess.

this has been passed onto the Origin team. I'm not sure what will happen then.

Let me know if this works for you.
  • Pcnc25Pcnc25 Posts: 15 Member
    edited September 2013

Don't install from the orange download button on the game tile. Click on the "i" to go to the information tab of the game and click download and install there.

This is probably because on the game tile for some reason the game is asking for the origin version of the base game and not what you have installed on your HD.

No problem for the late response, I have been busy myself.

I tried what you suggested but it didn't work. Would changing my Origin username to the same one as here help?
    edited September 2013
    Pcnc25 wrote:

I tried what you suggested but it didn't work. Would changing my Origin username to the same one as here help?

No, it is not a username issue.

are you able to uninstall base game and install the base game from the origin client?
    edited September 2013
    Pcnc25 wrote:

are you able to uninstall base game and install the base game from the origin client?

Right now I have no base game installed as it told me to uninstall and re-downloaded my registered copy (which was installed originally from CD) through My Games on the Origin Client when I tried to play Island Paradise. However I didn't do it in the way you suggested above and I cant get it to go back so the Orange button says download on the base game tile.

When I tried to install it through Origin, it got as far as entering the product/reg code but it comes up invalid.

I dont want to have to buy the digital version.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited September 2013
    Pcnc25 wrote:
    Pcnc25 wrote:

Right now I have no base game installed as it told me to uninstall and re-downloaded my registered copy (which was installed originally from CD) through My Games on the Origin Client when I tried to play Island Paradise. However I didn't do it in the way you suggested above and I cant get it to go back so the Orange button days download on the base game tile.

When I tried to install it through Origin, it got as far as entering the product/reg code but it comes up invalid.

No, no need to re-buy.
    I'm going to send an agent to you to help you.
    edited September 2013
    Pcnc25 wrote:
    Pcnc25 wrote:

Right now I have no base game installed as it told me to uninstall and re-downloaded my registered copy (which was installed originally from CD) through My Games on the Origin Client when I tried to play Island Paradise. However I didn't do it in the way you suggested above and I cant get it to go back so the Orange button days download on the base game tile.

No, no need to re-buy.

ok how will they contact me because using the phone is difficult?
    edited September 2013
    Pcnc25 wrote:
    Pcnc25 wrote:
    Pcnc25 wrote:

No, no need to re-buy.

ok how will they contact me because using the phone is difficult?

they have their ways =)
    edited September 2013

they have their ways =)

I just wanted to say thanks for your help in getting this sorted. I checked my email last night after posting a reply to you and I had an email waiting for me from an EA agent with a new code.

You have both been a great help and now I'm going to attempt to install Island Paradise :)
  • thatarotthatarot Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi...I've bought University and Island Paradise couple days ago on DVDs.
    When I tried to registered, the site said that there's something wrong about the University's code.
    I bought the brand-new game from the store and Island Paradise Code worked just fine.
    I don't know if it has anything to do with entering the code in the redeem section (I've got confused)and switched to registration page after I had mead a mistake there.
    What can I do to make the code work? Thanks.
    edited September 2013
    thatarot wrote:
    When I tried to registered, the site said that there's something wrong about the University's code.
    I bought the brand-new game from the store and Island Paradise Code worked just fine.
    I don't know if it has anything to do with entering the code in the redeem section (I've got confused)and switched to registration page after I had mead a mistake there.

Where were you trying to redeem the codes for the 20 digit codes?
    you should be redeeming here: https://www.thesims3.com/registeragame.html

For the 16 digit codes for the incentives, you should be redeeming here: https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html

edited September 2013
    Pcnc25 wrote:

they have their ways =)

I just wanted to say thanks for your help in getting this sorted. I checked my email last night after posting a reply to you and I had an email waiting for me from an EA agent with a new code.

You have both been a great help and now I'm going to attempt to install Island Paradise :)

YAY glad it got sorted!
  • thatarotthatarot Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2013
    thatarot wrote:

For the 16 digit codes for the incentives, you should be redeeming here: https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html

It's 20 digits code that I have a problem with. I've tried to registered it on the correct page but it's still not accepted.
  • mnevin25mnevin25 Posts: 466 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hello. Thanks for the info. My question is what if you can't preorder the package and you can't get it like a month later. I get paid once a month and so I'm stuck. I order the Movie Stuff pack and they didn't take it like they emailed me they did. So now I have to order it in October. With Into the Future coming out. I can't order until the 3rd of November. My question is why do I loose the ability through Origin not to get the exclusive items for preordering. I am using that service because It's just easier. But if I can't get the exclusive items Why order? I lost out on the Island Paradise exclusive items because of this. Please advise.. I want both.. But will try to find a way to order Movie Stuff in November and then order Into the Future. I really want both. But fixed income.

Please advise.
    Thanks.
    edited September 2013
    thatarot wrote:
    thatarot wrote:

It's 20 digits code that I have a problem with. I've tried to registered it on the correct page but it's still not accepted.

Did you use it in origin first?

• amy211295amy211295 Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    i have bought the game island paradise and already registered it and now i bought university life and tried to registered it and the picture in my page the icon is not there and when i tried to play the university life it always keep coming up as the game island paradise....can you please help me to get university life work please
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited October 2013
    If you have installed University Life, the content will be in your game. The game ALWAYS starts with the most recently released Expansion or stuff pack. Since Island Paradise was released after University, that is the loading screen you will see but, University Life will be in your game as is the base game and any other expansion or stuff packs you have installed.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hello SimGuruRusskii :)
    I bought University Life on disc from a store when it was released and downloaded and registered it. I received the registration gifts but my page is not saying I have the game. It does not appear in my Origin game tab either. I would truly appreciate it if you could correct this for me please :)
    Note. My Ambitions icon has never shown either
    I am keen to have this resolved before TS3 ends as I would like to have these games listed on my Origin account :)

Note. I registered the 20 digit code in the correct place under register a game on this site :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • tiffanycarlatiffanycarla Posts: 15
    edited December 2013
    Have gone and brought Sims3 Ambitions and Into the Future and redeemed both codes on Origin not realising that makes it so we cant use them on Sims3 site, and support is closed :/
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited December 2013
    I had a hard time registering my sims 3 base game. I do remember getting the link for the simpoints, but was never actually successful in getting them. The problem is the icon for the base game is not highlighted, basically saying my game isn't registered. I know it is though, because I have no problem posting on the website, playing the game, adding expansions, or downloading from the store. How can I fix this. Thanks.
  • FluffyFlameyFluffyFlamey Posts: 395 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hello

I want to redeem the 1000 simpoints that is said to be given if you buy World Adventures but have no idea how. I bought it on Origin but the product code they gave me isn't working when I type it in on my page.

Edit: All my games are finally installed on here, but World Adventures is still not
  • houvondhhouvondh Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    Hi! I purchased Sims 3 Island Paradise, downloaded onto Origin but now it's telling me that the registration code is invalid. I've doubled and tripled checked the code on the order confirmation email but it's still telling me that the code is invalid!!! What can i do in order to play my game??? Thanks in advance! :roll:
  • Imogene423Imogene423 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I have done everything as posted in the thread but my problem is that my game is registered. I have the limited edition of university and at one time did have the party pack for university showing up in my game. Now when I go to my purchase history, it is no longer there. Why is that? When I try to used the code to redeem again, I am told it is either invalid or the code has been used before. This is not the first time that I have lost something from my purchase history. How is that?
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    edited June 2014
    houvondh wrote:
    Hi! I purchased Sims 3 Island Paradise, downloaded onto Origin but now it's telling me that the registration code is invalid. I've doubled and tripled checked the code on the order confirmation email but it's still telling me that the code is invalid!!! What can i do in order to play my game??? Thanks in advance! :roll:

When you buy a digital download from Origin the code is always invalid. That is because they have already used it to register the game on the account used to purchase the digital download.

This thread explains how the codes work.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/656133.page

edited June 2014
    Hello

I want to redeem the 1000 simpoints that is said to be given if you buy World Adventures but have no idea how. I bought it on Origin but the product code they gave me isn't working when I type it in on my page.

Edit: All my games are finally installed on here, but World Adventures is still not

This thread should explain it.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/656133.page
    edited June 2014
    Imogene423 wrote:
    I have done everything as posted in the thread but my problem is that my game is registered. I have the limited edition of university and at one time did have the party pack for university showing up in my game. Now when I go to my purchase history, it is no longer there. Why is that? When I try to used the code to redeem again, I am told it is either invalid or the code has been used before. This is not the first time that I have lost something from my purchase history. How is that?

This is the link to customer support.
    https://help.ea.com/contact-us

I have multiple backups of everything from my purchase history. This has allowed me to recover various items that have vanished from over the years. My backups are on my hard drive, external hard drives and flash drive.

You can't use the code again as you have already used it once.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top