The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to download the School Spirit Pack and Party Pack (a guide)

Hi everyone.

So, I'm seeing a lot of threads with people having problems downloading the School Spirit Pack from Origin, and the Party Pack which came with the Limited Edition.

I have successfully downloaded and installed both, and here's how I did it :)

First, go to http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/universityliferedeem.

Enter the code you received in the Limited Edition pack (if it's a physical copy, it is on the back of the flyer for Island Paradise), if it's via Digital Download, you should have got an email. There is a box with "Enter code here" and a "Submit" button. Put the code in there and hit "Submit". This adds the LE content to your purchase history.

You will have received an email from Origin with the code for the School Spirit Pack. Enter the code like you did for the LE content and it will appear in your purchase history.

Depending on your settings, the download may start straight away, or you have to go to your Purchase History and download them manually.

When they are downloaded, select them in the Launcher and install and you are done!!

I hope this helps you :)

Comments

• Options
    KarenStew3KarenStew3 Posts: 164 Member
    edited March 2013
    I didn't get a code for the party pack. I just got the code for school spirit pack and I did pre-0rder. I guess I need to contact EA . . .
    ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.~

• Options
    HarryPottermagicHarryPottermagic Posts: 11 New Member
    edited March 2013
    KarenStew3 wrote:
    I didn't get a code for the party pack. I just got the code for school spirit pack and I did pre-0rder. I guess I need to contact EA . . .

i did not get either of the codes, however i did pre-order the limited edition UL from origin
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited March 2013
    I managed to get the school spirit pack - I had to log out and in for it to take it, but no idea how to get the party pack. I redeemed the code on Origin, so this site keeps telling me it's already been used. Don't know where to find it to download in Origin either.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited March 2013
    There is a type of glitch which a user cannot rectify themselves, they must contact EA for it to be resolved. The "invalid code" or "this code has already been used" error. What happens is that Origin does recognize that you pre-ordered from them, that you *should* have received an email with the codes. The Origin site tries to pre-register your game for you -- on the Sim site -- but for some reason the data gets lost in *part* of their system during the transfer. Which is why you can't start at the beginning of the process and take it from there, on your own. Hope that makes sense, that is sorta how an EA rep explained it to me when I had the same problem with registering a StuffPack.

If it's just a matter of the player not knowing where to enter their codes, then giving the page addy is of course extremely helpful.
  • Options
    Simmer999Simmer999 Posts: 863 Member
    edited March 2013
    I only got the Party Pack code, no School Spirit. And School Spirit is the one I want!
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited March 2013
    I managed to get the school spirit pack - I had to log out and in for it to take it, but no idea how to get the party pack. I redeemed the code on Origin, so this site keeps telling me it's already been used. Don't know where to find it to download in Origin either.
    I had the same problem & learned that if you bought the game digitally, the game is already registered with this site.
    All you need to do is get the Serial # from your email for the School Spirit Pack & then go to this page http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/ep9origin & put it in.
    The link for that page should also be in your email too.
    After you put that serial # in the page will redirect you to your purchases page where you will find the you got Spirit face paint.
    If you purchased the game another way other than digitally, you will have the product code in your email.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    faytheful wrote:
    I had the same problem & learned that if you bought the game digitally, the game is already registered with this site.

I downloaded it on Origin and it isn't registered here.
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited March 2013
    Sorry for the delay, I was simming! :D

I believe that Sticky Kisses is correct. If you have tried redeeming your code through Origin, then this site see's it as being used. Unfortunately you will have to contact EA and request a new one. I'm sure that they are aware of the situation which might make it easier to get it sorted.

Once you get a new code(s), then follow the steps above and you shall be able to download and install your sets :)
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited March 2013
    Again I could be wrong and there might be another way, but that's what the EA rep said to me. The other thing, is that right now customer service is SWAMPED, so expect to be on hold a looooooooong time. Personally, if I have this issue (and frankly Murphy's Law always applies to me) then if I could get Uni installed then I personally would wait a few more days before even trying to contact customer service. You'll get your bonus items eventually so don't agonize over it and enjoy what you do have.

Happy simming!! :D

[edit]we posted at the same time Weealbet! You are so helpful and nice, thanks for starting this thread!!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Weealbet wrote:
    Sorry for the delay, I was simming! :D

I believe that Sticky Kisses is correct. If you have tried redeeming your code through Origin, then this site see's it as being used. Unfortunately you will have to contact EA and request a new one. I'm sure that they are aware of the situation which might make it easier to get it sorted.

Once you get a new code(s), then follow the steps above and you shall be able to download and install your sets :)

Thank you! :D

And guys, don't call Origin. I heard that there wait line is around 4 days as of a few hours ago.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited March 2013
    Again I could be wrong and there might be another way, but that's what the EA rep said to me. The other thing, is that right now customer service is SWAMPED, so expect to be on hold a looooooooong time. Personally, if I have this issue (and frankly Murphy's Law always applies to me) then if I could get Uni installed then I personally would wait a few more days before even trying to contact customer service. You'll get your bonus items eventually so don't agonize over it and enjoy what you do have.

Happy simming!! :D

[edit]we posted at the same time Weealbet! You are so helpful and nice, thanks for starting this thread!!

Thanks for the help. I had the same idea about waiting a few days until they're not a swamped with complaints lol. I can play the game fine so that's the main thing. Not so bothered about waiting for the party pack. I've got the spirit pack at least.

Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. :D
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    edited March 2013
    Massive hug to you for this hun. Haha. I was confused! Sooo glad I got it working and don't have to call CS! :) xxx