Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Olde Towne Shops *** Sister-Lot Added *** Olde Towne Festival Grounds Pg 2

MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
Hi :D

I wanted to create a multi-purpose shopping area for my Sims. So, I came up with Olde Towne Shops. There's a lot to do, too much to list on the Exchange upload.

Lot Size 50x50
Community-Visitors Allowed

Multiple shops and activites for all ages. Shops: Books, Nectary, Pets, Food, Regular and Elixir Consignment. Toddlers and children can play, practice baking or tend the lemonade stand while the adults improve their skills, catch up with neighbors and make new friends.

Sims can climb two sets of stairs to the top of the front wall and use the telescope. Many fun activities and skills objects are on the lot, including: Athletics, music, painting, sculpting, alchemy, gem cutting, magic cauldron, crystal ball, and more. Arrive early and spend the day! Don't forget to let your Sims make some wishes at the well in the center of the square before heading home. Actual file size is 3.99MB (increased due to UIC images).

The four main walls are solid/regular walls, the corner pieces are fake/faux. I only added stairs to the front wall where Sims can climb to the top. It would be easy to add additional staircases to the other walls if desired.

I'm in the process of testing a similar lot set up as festival grounds. I'm using the outer walls and two of the buildings, and all of the Seasons festival activities (plus a few extra when there is room). Olde Towne Festival Grounds should be ready to be uploaded this weekend.

Happy Simming and thank you for looking :D

Link to the Exchange:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7072951

Overview-Roofs up and down
1Screenshot.jpg

2Screenshot.jpg

Shops: Books, Nectary, Pets
3Screenshot.jpg

Regular and Elixir Combo-Consignment Shop
4Screenshot.jpg

Play area for toddlers and children, and toilet facilities
5Screenshot.jpg

This is where Sims can get free quick meals, buy prepared foods and groceries, prepare meals with wood fire ovens, and bake (children).
6Screenshot.jpg

7Screenshot.jpg

Night View
8Screenshot.jpg

Knight View :wink:
9Screenshot.jpg
a.k.a. - Linda

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,660 Member
    edited March 2013
    A very well designed build with so much to see, use for skill building , buy, and eat from! The layout of the build is great, and i lthe way you have designed each store and the whole of the exterior walls of the build. Our Sims will have a delightful time visiting all the shops! You have catered for all ages of Sims! I like that you have included the well for wishing too! It really is a town of shops that Sims would want to spend quite a time there! A great build to explore all it holds! :)
  • Options
    buckosnortbuckosnort Posts: 9,628 Member
    edited March 2013
    Wow, I love it! Rec'd ;)
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,089 Member
    edited March 2013
    Love it! May I use it in my Beauty & the Beast Story? Credit giving of course.
  • Options
    10eliblue10eliblue Posts: 2,280 New Member
    edited March 2013
    This is grand! Fantastic! Hope it dosn't crash on you.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @rosemow, buckosnort & Springfairy...Thank you all! It seems I'm going through a 'rustic' spell. I like working with different textures, woods and fabrics and this build was so much fun to work on. I really appreciate your kindness.

@Springfairy...look at your avi on the horse. I love it! I wish that EA would have done more with Medieval, but alas... You may certainly use the lot for your Beauty & the Beast story. I'll have to check it out, fairy tales and all that good stuff is very appealing.

Take care all :)
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    MarLin114 wrote:
    @rosemow, buckosnort & Springfairy...Thank you all! It seems I'm going through a 'rustic' spell. I like working with different textures, woods and fabrics and this build was so much fun to work on. I really appreciate your kindness.

I understand. I love rustic or medieval builds in my case :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    10eliblue wrote:
    This is grand! Fantastic! Hope it dosn't crash on you.

Thank you 10eliblue :) Crash on me? Do you mean the lot crash my game? If that's what you meant, my game didn't crash the whole time I worked on this lot. I saved it to the library, moved it, did everything I could to check it out and it never crashed. It's 3.99MB.

Have a great day :D
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    buckosnort wrote:
    MarLin114 wrote:

There's just not enough medieval in the gaming world (that I know of). I always wished that EA would combine the best of TS3 and TSM...don't think that's going to happen *sad*
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    MarLin114 wrote:
    buckosnort wrote:
    MarLin114 wrote:

There's just not enough medieval in the gaming world (that I know of). I always wished that EA would combine the best of TS3 and TSM...don't think that's going to happen *sad*

Yeah I know! I found this really cool medieval world yesterday and I was going to try it out but I'm not sure... :D

• Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,912 Member
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited March 2013
    That looks fantastic! :D Full of old world charm! I like how it is surrounded by those walls. Great job! Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    buckosnort wrote:
    MarLin114 wrote:
    buckosnort wrote:
    MarLin114 wrote:

Yeah I know! I found this really cool medieval world yesterday and I was going to try it out but I'm not sure... :D

Wow! There's a lot to read there :)..and look at. It's a large world and I jumped to the last page to see what the latest updates are. It may be released without being completely finished due to patch compatibility issues??? Will have to read more about it later. Thank you much for the link :D

Hey EA, we really want to get medieval...they're not paying any attention. :roll:
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you huge bunches BreeMiles & yanti68 :) I really do appreciate your feedback and kindness.

Happy Simming, and Happy Friday :)

Take care,
    Lin
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited March 2013
    I saw your title and got so excited, because I had also made an old town shoppes lot, granted it's not as pretty as yours, but I definitely had to check it out! Love the outer wall fencing in the tiny town, and your shops are so cute, great for a fairy tale world :D Lovely work Lin!!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you Oiled! Naming a lot is sometimes difficult, I was tempted to call it Shops & Activities Surrounded by a High Stone Wall to make it clear what the lot is :D

After I finish testing the final lot, I'm going to give my imagination a break so I can check out everyone's creations here on C.C. I know that I'm going to have quite a few 'jaw dropping' moments (due to awesomeness of the builds).

Take care and have a great weekend! :D
    Lin
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    OMG! I don't want to seem like a j*e*r*k here, but I just got notification that Olde Towne Shops is a Featured lot :D:mrgreen::D

My very first Featured creation...I'm all tingles... :D

Thank you SimGuruHydra!!! (((HUGS)))
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited March 2013
    This is swesome!!! So charming..straight out of a fairytale. I could see Belle wandering around, reading a book here so easily. Fantastic job :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you so much ruthless_kk! I'm tempted to send every Sim who enters this lot staight into CAS to change their outfits and hairstyles into something more fitting (lol).

Have a great weekend! :)
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @rosemow...Big (((Hugs))) and thank you :) You're always there. And like I've said before, a lot of Simmers/Creators appreciate you.

Have a beautiful weekend friend,
    Lin
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hi :D

While I was creating Olde Towne Shops, I was already planning on making a sister-lot that would compliment the shops. My Sim and I had a lot of fun testing the festival grounds. I'm still amazed by how beautiful the winter season is in this game.

Happy Weekend Everyone! :D

Olde Towne Festival Grounds - No CC

Lot Size 50x50
    Community-Festival Grounds
    Actual File Size 4.56 MB

Festival Grounds with all of the Seasons activities promises year-round fun for the whole family. During the construction day, Sims will gather on this lot just as they would a park. The buildings inside the perimeter include: Toilet facilities with a shower, a baby and toddler nap room with a dresser for planning outfits away from home. A pub style dining hall, perfect for when it's raining, snowing or too hot to be outdoors. Pair this lot in your world with Olde Towne Shops or use alone.

Link to Olde Towne Festival Grounds:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7076462

The lot during the Construction phase between seasons
    1Screenshot.jpg

The Summer Festival
    2Screenshot.jpg

3Screenshot.jpg

The Fall Festival
    4Screenshot.jpg

5Screenshot.jpg

The Winter Festival
    6Screenshot.jpg

7Screenshot.jpg

The Spring Festival
    8Screenshot.jpg

9Screenshot.jpg
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    What a great companion for Olde Towne Shops! Thanks very much for creating and sharing this festival grounds lot with us :) It will be great to have our Sims enjoy the different seasonal festivities of the year on this lot. Great choice of seasonal items that you have chosen for the different seasons. You have planned and designed it well. Great photos you have provided here to show us the various sessons too. A great build!