Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinions Please Regarding Large 60x60 & 64x64 Lots

MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
Hi :)

I'm in the process of creating a community lot. I started working on it on a 60x60 lot, thinking that I could easily place it down on a 64x64 standard size lot when it's nearly finished.

If you all would be so kind and let me know what you think. Should I just leave it on the 60x60 or move it up to 64x64? I'm thinking that the smaller size would be more convenient for anyone who may want to download it in a world like Sunset Valley. But I'm not really sure.

Thank you in advance (will be away from my computer until later),

Happy Simming! :)
Lin

a.k.a. - Linda

Comments

• Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited March 2013
    Honestly, I think they're hard to place. But I do understand that sometimes you need the space.
  • Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited March 2013
    i find very large lots cumbersome and try to stay away from them as much as I can. there is no 60x60 in the world editor so unless you have an already vacant lot, you have to demolish something in order to place it, or put it on a 64x64. Depending on the world rates how possible this scenario is. sometimes the lot needs the space and you're getting rid of an existing to place something similar down. getting rid of a park to place a "better" park.

so i guess it depends on what type of lot it is and if you "need" the extra 4x4 space from the 64 vs the 60
  • Options
    scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hello! I think either are fine but if you do go with 60x60 I would suggest that you make the front area so that extending the path or front landscaping is quick & easy. If you keep that in mind & you want to go with 60x60 because of lot sizes in certain worlds then go with that.

Also I love the large lots when they are all filled up with fun & interesting stuff for the sims. It if is an community lot & you want to include a lot of different areas for the sims so that it is multipurpose then it is a good idea. I would love to have a large community lot that is kind of a one stop destination for my sim to visit. Or one that can be put into a store world that includes all the premium content since when worlds are created they only use the base sims game & items that come with the new world. It would be nice to have a community lot that includes stuff from the EP's & Premium Content from store stuff. This is just an idea & I am sure whatever you are planning will be great & I look forward to seeing it. :mrgreen: What I was getting at but in a way too wordy way is fill the lot up with fun stuff & it will look great. Some large lots have a lot of empty space.
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hello :)

Thank you all for your very insightful replies. I agree that the larger lots are hard to place in some worlds so I started with a 60x60. And I also agree that the larger lots are better if they're filled enough to have your Sims spend the whole day there. What you all said makes perfect sense.

After reading all your thoughts, I may even try to see if I can get everything to fit on a 50x50. It will be a busy lot scrapper42, that was my intent, and with a specific theme. It'll be a stretch because it will be CC-free.

Thank you all again,
    Lin
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited March 2013
    MarLin114 wrote:
    Hello :)

Thank you all for your very insightful replies. I agree that the larger lots are hard to place in some worlds so I started with a 60x60. And I also agree that the larger lots are better if they're filled enough to have your Sims spend the whole day there. What you all said makes perfect sense.

After reading all your thoughts, I may even try to see if I can get everything to fit on a 50x50. It will be a busy lot scrapper42, that was my intent, and with a specific theme. It'll be a stretch because it will be CC-free.

Thank you all again,
    Lin

You are more than welcome. I also do a bit of building & only make CC free so I am glad to hear your lot will be CC free. I will have to keep an eye out for your build so I can rec'd it & download it.