We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited March 2013
    I know! I watched about 20 minutes ago! I actually really liked it! So funny!
  • Allct222Allct222 Posts: 610 Member
    edited March 2013
    I loved it, I cant wait for the game now!!!!! :D
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited March 2013
    It was definitely well done - - one of the best launch trailers yet. It seems appropriately British in its humor since the Uni world looks so UK and the dubious accent a la John Cleese is hilarious. I especially like the look on the guy's face at the urinal when the gentleman next to him breaks etiquette and creepily edges closer.
  • KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited March 2013
    I wish we could actually put our men in drag like the video :-/
  • CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited March 2013
    I gotta love how inclusive EA is being with LGBT sims these days in Aurora Skies and now the uni launch trailer. it is a nice break from the homophobic machismo and sexist mysogeny that seems like the norm in the video game world.
  • sweetest85sweetest85 Posts: 194 Member
    edited March 2013
    Even more excited after watching that video. I hope Origin's direct download is available at midnight!
    XiVt5EK.jpgXiVtm4.png

• xVeexVee Posts: 2,061 New Member
    edited March 2013
    LOL @ 0.53 on the video. - There are pictures circulating the internet that looks just like this girl. I love how EA plays off things in RL. Funny.

Double-LOL @ 1.19 - Duckfaces!!!
  • xoxsashaxoxxoxsashaxox Posts: 75 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I noticed the green-screen in the trailer. I didnt realize that would be a part of one of the degrees. I love how they keep some stuff a secret for us
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited March 2013
    I noticed the green-screen in the trailer. I didnt realize that would be a part of one of the degrees. I love how they keep some stuff a secret for us

I know! That was cool! I wanna say it's either apart of the technology degree and/or something for the video game designer career.
  • StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    edited March 2013
    LOL @ ermergerd girl!
  • WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited March 2013
    That is probably the best Launch Trailer they have done!! Great job Sims Team!!! I loved it!! I can't wait to get this EP on Friday now. Although, I have to wait until I get my bursary through so I can get a new laptop that won't be dying any time soon!! I should have got it last week...buuuuuuut my student finance company screwed up and I wouldn't have got it if I didn't go to my university's welfare office and inquire about it haha.
    edited March 2013
    xVee wrote:
    LOL @ 0.53 on the video. - There are pictures circulating the internet that looks just like this girl. I love how EA plays off things in RL. Funny.

Had to go back and check this, I seem to see something new, each time I watch it!
  • CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited March 2013
    I wish that 'if you make that face, it will freeze like that' was true, but only for people who do duckfaces. then, when they are stuck that way for the rest of their life, it will discourage others from doing it.

duck face annoys me deeply.
  • lolzbrlolzbr Posts: 989 Member
    edited March 2013
    yeah, on the topic of green screens? the outfits they were wearing is probably unlockoutfits. i hope it's not staged:(
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2013
    samiam662 wrote:
    It was definitely well done - - one of the best launch trailers yet. It seems appropriately British in its humor since the Uni world looks so UK and the dubious accent a la John Cleese is hilarious. I especially like the look on the guy's face at the urinal when the gentleman next to him breaks etiquette and creepily edges closer.

Could have been the actual John Cleese -- they got Patrick Stewart to do the original intro for Sims Medieval. 8) (Was so ticked off when I installed Pirates and Nobles and lost the intro cinematic!)

Good reason to put in a half wall between urinals. :mrgreen:

I think I'm going to be watching that trailer over...and over...and over. Hope catloverplayer's seen it -- looks like quite a few of the new kisses got featured. :thumbup:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited March 2013
    xVee wrote:

I love the use of the LOL captions! Looks like this pack's bringing back a lot more of the humor. And with it coming out so late in the cycle, we can really take advantage of what earlier packs offer to add on to the experience. (I hope I'm not the only Simmer who's sending an alien to University!)
    edited March 2013
    xVee wrote:

I love the use of the LOL captions! Looks like this pack's bringing back a lot more of the humor. And with it coming out so late in the cycle, we can really take advantage of what earlier packs offer to add on to the experience. (I hope I'm not the only Simmer who's sending an alien to University!)

I agree, there is way more humour, they have done a great job on this EP!Havent thought about Aliens going to Uni, maybe I will!!!
  • utterlyunzippedutterlyunzipped Posts: 503 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Brilliant trailer! So funny! LOL!

Shame about the "Not all Images representative of actual gameplay" tagline at the bottom... I wish companies would just stick to showing actual gameplay...

The greenscreen appears to be just Sims wearing the VR Goggles so I suspect it is staged. I know we can strictly speaking do this ourselves but it is misleading.

Can't wait to get the pack on the 8th!!
  • happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited March 2013
    That was a really fun trailer. And I love all the LGBT references too. I wonder if there really is new urinal animations! LOL That would be so awesome
    Kael wrote:
    I wish we could actually put our men in drag like the video :-/
    I agree Kael. I know it's not the same thing, but you can always cheat and change your sims gender for as long as you'd like, then change them back if you wish. :)
  • thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited March 2013
    That was amazing! I loved it!!
    edited March 2013
    Brilliant trailer! So funny! LOL!

Shame about the "Not all Images representative of actual gameplay" tagline at the bottom... I wish companies would just stick to showing actual gameplay...

The greenscreen appears to be just Sims wearing the VR Goggles so I suspect it is staged. I know we can strictly speaking do this ourselves but it is misleading.

Can't wait to get the pack on the 8th!!

If it's something for the game developer career, I think they usually do wear special goggles when they're working with animators to create CGI -- I think I saw a video where Andy Serkis was working with the animators who were creating Gollum for the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies. So there could be something similar in game, more like a profession than a rabbit hole career.
  • LilySanchezLilySanchez Posts: 65 New Member
    edited March 2013
    It was the cutest trailer I have seen for the SIMS 3 yet. I love the President of the college thing it had going on in it.

Now my PEPS are at an all time high. :mrgreen:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,334 Member
    edited March 2013
    I wonder how they got all the sims to makeout at the same time at the pool. I'm very curious.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,334 Member
    edited March 2013
    samiam662 wrote:

Could have been the actual John Cleese -- they got Patrick Stewart to do the original intro for Sims Medieval. 8) (Was so ticked off when I installed Pirates and Nobles and lost the intro cinematic!)

Good reason to put in a half wall between urinals. :mrgreen:

I think I'm going to be watching that trailer over...and over...and over. Hope catloverplayer's seen it -- looks like quite a few of the new kisses got featured. :thumbup:

I only saw the heat of the moment kiss plus the ones we have now.
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited March 2013
    I wonder how they got all the sims to makeout at the same time at the pool. I'm very curious.
    well im sure they could do whatever they wanted since its a staged video BUT i assume they just used cinnamon on the bonfire.