Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adding 'Base Game' as a Filter in Build/Buy (Sorting Objects)

I love the filters when I'm in buy mode (EP's, SP', Store). It would be great if they would add Base Game as the filter following "All" objects.

Seems that it could easily be done (maybe?)
a.k.a. - Linda

Comments

• Options
    Kellieann123Kellieann123 Posts: 507 Member
    edited February 2013
    Agreed. :3
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited February 2013
    Isn't there already an option? Because I have an option, but it filters both Base Game and store content, and it's pretty annoying.
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited February 2013
    Isn't there already an option? Because I have an option, but it filters both Base Game and store content, and it's pretty annoying.

I don't have it. When I'm in buy mode, using the filter option, there is no option for Base Game only. I have "All" and then each of the EP's/SP's.

It really should be easy for them to add this function.
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ts3filter_zpsfb43a052.png
    I think there might be a bug in your game...
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited February 2013

I think she mistook it for an expansion. Sometimes, I do, and it is very frustrating. :oops:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:

I think she mistook it for an expansion. Sometimes, I do, and it is very frustrating. :oops:
    Oh! Makes sense!
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited February 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:

Oh! Makes sense!

Especially since the icons almost all look the same.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited February 2013
    Maybe it's broken ... in my game if I select Base Game I also get the Store items too* (BG and Store). Which makes it harder. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hey, thanks for pointing that little icon out in a screenshot :) Yeah, I mistook it for an expansion.

But, I'm in game now in Buy mode and used the Sims 3 icon, and I'm getting base game *and* Store. I would like for them to make it base game only (please?). I have a lot of content and even with only base game and store it's a royal pain to scroll through.

I changed cats to make sure something wasn't hungup...still giving me base and store.

I really appreciate you pointing that out to me, it will cut the selections down by X-percent :)

Edit to add red face :oops:
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited February 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Maybe it's broken ... in my game if I select Base Game I also get the Store items too* (BG and Store). Which makes it harder. :D

I'm having the exact same problem, and it can get annoying. If I wanted store content, I'd include store content in the filter.
  • Options
    GigidawnGigidawn Posts: 898 Member
    edited February 2013
    The sort that is available between store, base and stuff packs is not enough. I need to be able to have some type of search feature too!

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited February 2013
    I don't have store content pop up when I select base game only.

Of course, I did permanently disable the in-game store, so...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Gigidawn wrote:
    The sort that is available between store, base and stuff packs is not enough. I need to be able to have some type of search feature too!

A search feature would be great, it would also help if they would put objects under the correct cats. Plants are in Misc and/or sculptures, etc. It's becoming more of a mess to find specific objects. Some things are in the last place you'd think to look. The basket of eggs that do nothing but sit on the counter and look nice are in with plants :roll:

I'm not liking the Collections folders very much, I'd add objects to them if they weren't so time consuming.

a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Oh, do tell :mrgreen: If you wouldn't mind sharing how to do that, and is there anything you miss out on by disabling it?
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,305 Member
    edited February 2013
    It shows base game and store for me too. Seems like a super obvious thing to leave out. I agree, I hate looking for something specific. There are some items I know I never use because they are miscategorized.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    MarLin114 wrote:

Oh, do tell :mrgreen: If you wouldn't mind sharing how to do that, and is there anything you miss out on by disabling it?

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/12/tutorial-turning-off-ingame-store-and-preventing-loading-of-pictures.html
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    MarLin114 wrote:

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/12/tutorial-turning-off-ingame-store-and-preventing-loading-of-pictures.html

Thank you!
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    MarLin114 wrote:

Hi :)

I'm not talking about in game Store, I'm saying the items I bought and have installed from the Store are showing when I choose the Base Game filter.
    When The Sims 3 icon is chosen, it also shows the purchased installed Store items. There is a Store filter so having them in the The Sims 3 filter isn't necessary and can be a pain. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    MarLin114 wrote:

I'm not talking about in game Store, I'm saying the items I bought and have installed from the Store are showing when I choose the Base Game filter.
    When The Sims 3 icon is chosen, it also shows the purchased installed Store items. There is a Store filter so having them in the The Sims 3 filter isn't necessary and can be a pain. :)

*sighs, checks*

*headdesks*

Well, this is new. This wasn't here in patch 1.48, but is here in patch 1.50. Time to make a report on Crinrict's thread.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    MarLin114 wrote:

*sighs, checks*

*headdesks*

Well, this is new. This wasn't here in patch 1.48, but is here in patch 1.50. Time to make a report on Crinrict's thread.

:shock: Yes, it was there at 1.48.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    MarLin114 wrote:

*sighs, checks*

*headdesks*

:shock: Yes, it was there at 1.48.

It wasn't for me. I did some building and house alterations in 1.48, and I seriously would have noticed this.

But, since it apparently happened earlier, no bug report made.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

It wasn't for me. I did some building and house alterations in 1.48, and I seriously would have noticed this.

But, since it apparently happened earlier, no bug report made.

Maybe you just didn't notice? It can happen that you might not have used the base game option. It's been there for awhile. :)