Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Odd thing about the swiftgro gardening stations

I love these things... mostly. Not having to upgrade sprinklers is nice, fertilizing everything at once with fewer ingredients is awesome, multiple advances in one day is incredible (although that means more time spent tending).

But I'm curious about something. When my gardener sim is tending, she will sometimes pause and think about the machines. When she finishes or moves from one action to the next (like multiple "plant many" series), she gets excited and claps her hands while thinking about it. Altogether I'd say this adds 10-15% more time to the weeding and harvesting grind. I guess it doesn't outweigh the good parts, but it still sucks.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does it eventually go away, or is there some kind of fix?

Thanks. :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited February 2013
    I love these things... mostly. Not having to upgrade sprinklers is nice, fertilizing everything at once with fewer ingredients is awesome, multiple advances in one day is incredible (although that means more time spent tending).

But I'm curious about something. When my gardener sim is tending, she will sometimes pause and think about the machines. When she finishes or moves from one action to the next (like multiple "plant many" series), she gets excited and claps her hands while thinking about it. Altogether I'd say this adds 10-15% more time to the weeding and harvesting grind. I guess it doesn't outweigh the good parts, but it still sucks.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does it eventually go away, or is there some kind of fix?

Thanks. :mrgreen:
    Yes I noticed it with 3 of my sims. They like that fertilizer for some reason & it had to be something the programmers programmed into the game. If that's the case, then no it won't go away & no it won't get fixed unless you do something like tuning which you can find information about on the Nraas site.
    Not sure if that particular file can be tuned though.
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm thinking if a sim has loves the outdoors or green thumb traits they are going to get excited. I would assume they put the response there for a reason, and certain traits would probably be the culprit.
    But I'm just guessing here. :oops:
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm thinking if a sim has loves the outdoors or green thumb traits they are going to get excited. I would assume they put the response there for a reason, and certain traits would probably be the culprit.
    But I'm just guessing here. :oops:
    It's possible. I know one of my sims had the green thumb trait, but don't remember if the other two did. I usually teach all my sims gardening so they can grow the life fruit for the ambrosia.