Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Indoor Playgrounds

These things used to be everywhere! Malls, Restaurants (McDonalds still has them lol), I even remember going to a place that did birthday parties (not chuck e cheese lol). I think they'd be a cool thing to add for kids and toddlers to play on :mrgreen:

huge-indoor-playground.jpg

indoor_playground_for_amusement.jpg

Even by adult standards, they're massive! (although the design is modular so they could come in different styles and sizes)

indoor_playground_richmondhill2.jpg

And you can put all kinds of different things inside them!

indoor-playground-ballpit.JPG

Who could forget the ball pits?

3-SLIDES-MPPS-ROLLER-SLIDE.jpg

The place I used to go to alot had roller slides!

page1_1.jpg

And of course, you can section them off so as not to bother mom and dad (see the glass window?). If your sim runs a daycare, this could be an awesome way to keep the kids entertained!

I've seen these in other games and they're strangely fun to watch, even if they aren't overly large. They'd make an awesome addition to any public venue (or a venue itself)!

Comments

• Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited February 2013
    For that first playground thing you posted, they should make objects we place next/on top of each other so we can build unique sets.

If you just have one big object, then it's no fun. This way, you'd get to create whichever shape you like and make it your own :D

I agree with point of the thread nonetheless :)
  • maxverra1997maxverra1997 Posts: 1,506
    edited February 2013
    when I saw your title I already agreed, but you made my think NEED IT with the ball pit
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited February 2013
    I have no idea why they don't have this already. I mean, really, it can't be any more complex than half the premium content in the Store.

So, yeah, I would love this.
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited February 2013
    Yeah this would be really nice.
  • LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Yeah like a Chuck E. Cheese or something, creepy mascots included.
  • christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited February 2013
    YES !!!! hey do you mind if i post this in my toddler thread ? Giving you the credit of course ? :)
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited February 2013
    YES !!!! hey do you mind if i post this in my toddler thread ? Giving you the credit of course ? :)

Go right ahead :D

The more exposure it gets, the better!
  • christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited February 2013
    SugarRave wrote:

Go right ahead :D

The more exposure it gets, the better!

Sweet ! thanks :) I just like to keep track of all the good toddler/kids ideas cause i have a 36 page thread on it :)
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited February 2013
    Never thought of this before but this is brilliant! They could throw this in with theme park type things. Wherever it would fit best my hope they'd do it soon.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited February 2013
    yes they so need these in the game <3 then i can make a really nice play room in my house :3
  • CookinCookieCookinCookie Posts: 144 Member
    edited February 2013
    Every time I see a ball pit in life I have an overwhelming urge to jump into it.. I always get strange looks from parents and younger children they look like :shock: what in the...
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited February 2013
    Yes! That would be amazing, please read this thread EA. :mrgreen:
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited February 2013
    maybe one of the children could get a "scarded of heights" moodlet since I tried to play on one once, at the local Mcdoand's and an employee had to come get me.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Kellieann123Kellieann123 Posts: 507 Member
    edited February 2013
    Having a ballpit would be AWESOME !!!
  • dje2001dje2001 Posts: 1,202 Member
    edited February 2013
    I think it would be funny if a childish teen played on one of those and they got stuck or something. Then they would get a negative moodlet like "Stuck" or the embarassed moodlet.
    Hii, I guess. I'm pretty cool if you ask me. >w> BTW, call me Bean. Hah

• DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hell yeah! This is great!
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

edited February 2013
    dje2001 wrote:
    I think it would be funny if a childish teen played on one of those and they got stuck or something. Then they would get a negative moodlet like "Stuck" or the embarassed moodlet.

Oh geez, I hadn't even thought of that xD

Brilliant!

tumblr_m0i5uo6DKy1rod3e9o5_250.gif
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited February 2013
    when I saw your title I already agreed, but you made my think NEED IT with the ball pit

The ball pits were after the time I could have played in one.....but when ever I saw one all I could think of is how often do they clean those things.... major eeeeeewwwww.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    edited February 2013
    At the rate balls used to fly out've those pits, I think they probably just started replacing them xD
  • PretodaPretoda Posts: 1,533 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Yes!!!! I want so bad in fact this goes well with my Gymnasium For all and Connections idea. I love the playground stuff we have but it would be nice to have it set up in one flowing set rather then in block spaces. I mean block spaces are great for Parks but for a home having a Swing Set with attached everything saves space. I could really put something in one spot and then use another for a garden.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited February 2013
    dje2001 wrote:

Absolutely love it. :P
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • aech3aech3 Posts: 234 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Yes please!
  • dje2001dje2001 Posts: 1,202 Member
    edited February 2013

The ball pits were after the time I could have played in one.....but when ever I saw one all I could think of is how often do they clean those things.... major eeeeeewwwww.
    If you play in one your hygiene could decrease quicker lol. Or since it smells AWFUL i those things if it was on a community lot your sims could get a moodlet like "Smells like feet!" or "Bruised" since you always get all banged up in those things ha ha.
    Hii, I guess. I'm pretty cool if you ask me. >w> BTW, call me Bean. Hah

• maxverra1997maxverra1997 Posts: 1,506
    edited February 2013
    it would be fun to if children sims could get a drowning moodlet and do the animation, but DON'T die. I almost srowned in a ballpit once
  • MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited February 2013
    can we get a petition on this to get them added to the game? :P i wanna build one of these in my house :o