Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Quxxn's video for the Palace of Versailles set

Hi everyone!

The Quxxn has put up a video for the new Palace of Versailles set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_3SB7OLp6g

I'm still on the fence about this one. I like it, but only for ghosts and vampires really. Money is really tight at the moment until my bursary comes through (the joy's of having to pay over £1300 for 3 months rent, then a further £250 to secure a room for next year at university) so I may wait to see what other people have done with this set before I seriously consider getting it.

Comments

• Options
    SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for posting--I love The Quxxn's reviews/lps! Yeah, I agree with you. The set is beautiful, you can tell a lot of hard work and detail went into the dresses/hairs, and I'm so happy for the people who had their petition fulfilled. However, like you I'd only probably ever use it on supernatural sims and for costume parties. It's just too niche for me to justify spending ~$16 since I'd prob rarely use it, but I admit that's a really good sale price to the people who really want it. For me to immediately buy it there would have to be a similarly themed world, plus a horse and buggy PC item--now that would be an awesome addition to our transportation options! Also, I have to say it would be really strange for me to see sims dressed up like this and riding in modern cars lol :lol:
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited February 2013
    SadieStar wrote:
    Thanks for posting--I love The Quxxn's reviews/lps! Yeah, I agree with you. The set is beautiful, you can tell a lot of hard work and detail went into the dresses/hairs, and I'm so happy for the people who had their petition fulfilled. However, like you I'd only probably ever use it on supernatural sims and for costume parties. It's just too niche for me to justify spending ~$16 since I'd prob rarely use it, but I admit that's a really good sale price to the people who really want it. For me to immediately buy it there would have to be a similarly themed world, plus a horse and buggy PC item--now that would be an awesome addition to our transportation options! Also, I have to say it would be really strange for me to see sims dressed up like this and riding in modern cars lol :lol:

Yeah, a horse drawn carriage would have made for an awesome PC for this set.

Even at the sale price I can't justify spending that much for something I would get so little use out of. While I was watching Quxxn's video I kept thinking "how could I make my Sim wear that?" and I kept coming back to the Supernatural's, which I rarely use too haha.

I'm not bashing this set at all and I think the clothing is very well made, but it isn't in fitting with my play style so I will probably just wait for a decent sale for before I get it I think.