Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 seasons holiday lights?

Ok so I pre ordered the sims 3 seasons and got the game yesterday. I was really exited for winter and the lights and decorations, but I couldn't figure out how to put up the holiday house lights! I could put them up on other sims houses, except mine! :cry: I tried clicking on my front door as they said I should, but it just said "lock..." or "go home" and that was about it. I was so angry! I tried everything but couldn't figure it out!!!

Comments

• eemily0246eemily0246 Posts: 25
    edited November 2012
    plus, my purchase history is down so I cant download the lce lounge!
  • cooldivacooldiva Posts: 319 Member
    edited November 2012
    you need to click on the door and then lights
  • eemily0246eemily0246 Posts: 25
    edited November 2012
    i tried but the lights option wont show up
  • MrysticatMrysticat Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Move out from the house and up a floor (or more) until you can see the roof line. There should be icicle lights hanging from the eaves.
  • ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    edited November 2012
    Are yout trying on a CC house or an EA house? When I first played I was using a CC house and the lights didnt show up as an option for me. I don't know if that happens with every cc house or if something was wrong with the one I was using.
  • KosmoKhaosKosmoKhaos Posts: 21 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Actually this seems to be a fault on EA's part. I had this same problem and it turns out that houses with "flat and squared" rooftops cannot have holiday lighting. Lol sucks right? I bet if you were to click on a home with a traditional triangular rooftop (yes you can change your neighbor's lights too) you would have the option to hang them.
  • hallegrace7hallegrace7 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Make sure you are not inn pause mode. When I clicked on my front door the "Hand Holiday Lights..." button didn't show up and it showed up on my back door. I don't think there is a too early time. It just has to be in the season of winter. I hung mine on Sunday in the game and Thursday is Snowflake Day, or I guess, Christmas.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited April 2013
    Make sure you are not inn pause mode. When I clicked on my front door the "Hand Holiday Lights..." button didn't show up and it showed up on my back door. I don't think there is a too early time. It just has to be in the season of winter. I hung mine on Sunday in the game and Thursday is Snowflake Day, or I guess, Christmas.

Welcome to the forums... :)

You do realize that this is from last year and I am sure that the person who posted this has already figured out how to put the lights up... :wink: You can also hang your lights up anytime of the year, it does not need to be winter. The lights will stay up all through the different seasons.
  • LottieLolzLottieLolz Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    I just had to replace my roof to hang lights. It turns out flat roofs CANNOT hang lights :/ It now works!
  • lolzipopslolzipops Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    its really easy i had the same problem but it was because my house had a flat roof all you need to do to make it work if get a normal roof basically... hope it helped :) :thumbup:
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited October 2013
    I also had this problem when I replaced what was the original 'front door'. It would not work for me until I chose another door to designate as the 'front door'.
    edited October 2013
    lolzipops wrote:
    its really easy i had the same problem but it was because my house had a flat roof all you need to do to make it work if get a normal roof basically... hope it helped :) :thumbup:

Hi and welcome to the forum... :)

I'm pretty sure that the OP finally got their answer since this thread was made last November. I'm pretty sure that the OP isn't still waiting on an answer... :wink:
  • mysimsaddiction1mysimsaddiction1 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I also had this problem I just switched the door and it worked :lol:
  • columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    edited November 2013
    TO the person who keeps writing and chastizing anyone who continues to reply:

There are a lot of us having this issue and, while the OP may have figured it out, we are still looking for answers. If you Google "Sims 3 unable to hang holiday lights", this thread comes up so, if others want to add additional comments, please go about your business and refrain from contributing nothing.

As for me, I'm running a game wihtout CC and can't get the lights on my house. I don't have a flat roof and can get the option for other houses. My Sim moved houses but I used the same front door - a store item - so that might be my problem. I'll try a different door and hopefully that will work.
    edited November 2013
    columbia93 wrote:
    TO the person who keeps writing and chastizing anyone who continues to reply:

There are a lot of us having this issue and, while the OP may have figured it out, we are still looking for answers. If you Google "Sims 3 unable to hang holiday lights", this thread comes up so, if others want to add additional comments, please go about your business and refrain from contributing nothing.

As for me, I'm running a game wihtout CC and can't get the lights on my house. I don't have a flat roof and can get the option for other houses. My Sim moved houses but I used the same front door - a store item - so that might be my problem. I'll try a different door and hopefully that will work.
    All these people are doing is repeating what everyone else has already said so there really is no need to get rude with me and chastise me about letting people know that this is an old and dead thread... :roll:

I can post the same thing over and over if I want to, so please don't tell me what to do, so you mind your own business. Don't like what I got to say then don't read my posts. Easy as that... :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • VetGal1VetGal1 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Yeah... I can't even find lights in the catalog - can anyone help me find where they are? :D I probably look like an idiot, sorry... :-o
    edited November 2013
    VetGal1 wrote:
    Yeah... I can't even find lights in the catalog - can anyone help me find where they are? :D I probably look like an idiot, sorry... :-o

Just click on your front door and set as door. Then click again and it should bring up the little menu where you can pick hang lights. Just make sure you don't have a flat roof as the lights won't work with flat roofs.

Hope this helps... :)
  • mixhahamixhaha Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    To hang lights you need to have a pointed roof as such, you can't have a flat roof as the holiday lights hang from the edge of the roof that hangs!!! :D
  • donnathedogdonnathedog Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Ok what you have to do is go up all the floors until you see the roof then click the front door it should say lock set as front door and holiday house lights click that then click hanging then it should be done worked on mine
  • KajiMadoushiKajiMadoushi Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2014
    You know, in all these responses, no one mentionned anything about hanging lights for sims living in apartments. How do we do that since we can't change the roof?
  • AveryShadeAveryShade Posts: 4 New Member
    I've had nearly every sims hang up the lights, the want is fullfilled.....but I don't see any lights. I don't see any icicles. I've seen screenshots from other users so I know what to look for but there are no visible lights on amy of my sims houses even though I did indeed hang them.
  • AveryShadeAveryShade Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="columbia93;c-11485256"]TO the person who keeps writing and chastizing anyone who continues to reply:

As for me, I'm running a game wihtout CC and can't get the lights on my house. I don't have a flat roof and can get the option for other houses. My Sim moved houses but I used the same front door - a store item - so that might be my problem. I'll try a different door and hopefully that will work.[/quote]

Mhmm, it's 2019 and I STILL have questions sometimes. These old boards have helped a lot.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, considering this thread has been inactive for quite some time I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top