Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

when can i put the christmas lights on my house?

to put the holiday/christmas lights on your house, i heard it has to be near gift giving day or whatever it is. is that close to the end of winter?

Comments

• museman98museman98 Posts: 2,158 Member
    edited November 2012
    If you go to the day/week tab thing near you sims mood tab the day the holiday is on is circled
  • AkifamiAkifami Posts: 36 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I think they said in the live broadcast that the option is available all year round (or that you can leave them all year round). Either way, you can do it at winter (for sure)!

The option should be available by clicking on your front door.
  • MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited November 2012
    Akifami wrote:
    I think they said in the live broadcast that the option is available all year round (or that you can leave them all year round). Either way, you can do it at winter (for sure)!

The option should be available by clicking on your front door.

yeah have the option to hang them right now in my game and it is Fall.
  • ALISHIA412ALISHIA412 Posts: 233
    edited November 2012
    no i clicked on my front door and the only option was set as front door and open. NOTE-my house has a flat roof maybe that is why? i will try to see if it works with a diffrent house. i haven't got to play yet it keeps crashing
  • ElandriElandri Posts: 26 New Member
    edited November 2012
    ALISHIA412 wrote:
    no i clicked on my front door and the only option was set as front door and open.

Same here. I haven't been able to hang up lights on my house. I have only played in one house so far so haven't tested it on others yet.
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited November 2012
    ALISHIA412 wrote:
    no i clicked on my front door and the only option was set as front door and open. NOTE-my house has a flat roof maybe that is why? i will try to see if it works with a diffrent house. i haven't got to play yet it keeps crashing

I don't think you can hang the lights on houses with flat roofs.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • MATHIEUXMATHIEUX Posts: 30
    edited November 2012
    You can put them after snowflake day, the day I believe the winter festival comes. (?)
  • ALISHIA412ALISHIA412 Posts: 233
    edited November 2012
    ALISHIA412 wrote:

I don't think you can hang the lights on houses with flat roofs.

yea lol that makes sense. i'll have to try on other houses. :? and i love your sim, is she on the exchange?
  • xXxTAMMIxXxxXxTAMMIxXx Posts: 43
    edited November 2012
    They can be put on at any time clicking on your door. It is summer on my game and my sim has the holiday lights hanging from her roof.
  • piratekitagpiratekitag Posts: 3,326 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Do you have multiple doors leading from outside in? If so, try clicking on the other doors that lead outside in and see if the option comes up on any of them.

You should be able to hang up lights at any time-not just near the holidays. The door I made to be the front door for some reason wasn't-so I checked the other doors(my sims house has three doors leading outside in- and it was the garage door*not the one for cars but for the sims to walk in* that had the option)
  • omgxxstefferkneeomgxxstefferknee Posts: 154 Member
    edited November 2012

You have to have a roof. By flat roof, do you mean to changed the height of it to be flatter? That would work. As long as you have a roof. Plus, I believe you have to set as front door, and then the option comes up for lights. It doesn't matter the season or holiday. I didn't see the option for me, but after setting the door as the front door, it came up.

• itssofluffyimadyitssofluffyimady Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I cant find the giving circle either, where is it?
  • sunnydays44sunnydays44 Posts: 156 Member
    edited December 2012
    I cant find the giving circle either, where is it?

You need to throw a gift giving party for it to show up. It'll appear automatically, but you need to have enough space - about four or six squares, I think. Also, it's considered a little bit rude to hijack someone else's thread with your own topic, so don't do it next time :)
  • conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited December 2012
    someone else figured out a way to get holiday lights to go on the houses with flat roofs,
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/620102.page..

I plan to try this myself