Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seascape Appreciation Thread -Givaway for 2 copies of Lunar Lakes: WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

She has done so much for so many of us...so I really want to do something special for her. I've been thinking hard for awhile....

Okay, what do you get for the woman who has it all.

I never know what to do for this amazing lady...but I'm trying something out. A sneak peak for her (and hoping I'm on the right track with this one)

So, in her honour, one thing I'm going to do is to give one copy of Lunar Lakes away while it is on sale (it's the least I can do and pay it forward). 2Mahawk has kindly sponsored a second copy of Lunar Lakes :mrgreen: so there are two copies that will be given away!

rJ4bO.jpg?2

I put her Avi Sim by the sea and will try and get her art skills maxed and then upload her for Seascape to use. She had said, if I recall correctly, that she wanted a bit of a makeover (and hoping to catch her smiling too...because I picture her way more cheerful than her avi would have you believe) which is what I'm hoping to help give her.

So what I want you to do to be eligible, is kinda what I did above...please go to her page here...download her Avi, and then I want in game screen shots of her painting and being happy (which can include her dancing, being at a party, giving a gift to a sim :wink:) and then posted on this thread. You can change hair and clothing but not hair colour or face or body type (that all must stay the same) and please no CC. Any and all store content is fine. 3 Shots/picture minimum, k? This is just a screenshot contest...pose player is fine to use, but my own personal preferences tend to go for more "candid" shots yet I've also seen some good Poses that look more natural...so give it your best shot.

So this is one way I'm trying to show appreciation for this wonderful lady...and please, this can also be the place to thank her for the things she has given to this community.

Not sure yet if I want judges or just randomize as I know it is short notice(but I want a wee bit of effort in it as she is such great lady and she deserves this much)...but the sale runs out on the 18th, which means one needs to have it purchased on the 17th. Input or advice or thoughts in regards to the contest is appreciated.

Thanks to Scrapper42 for clearing up some things: One nomination per entry and you can edit up until the closing time of the contest). But I WILL allow 2 entries. And entry is 3 screenshots. 2 entries is 6 screenshots or more. Just remember, nominees can only win once.

And Seascape...Thank you

Sponsors: 2Mahawk has kindly sponsored the second Lunar Lakes. Thank you so much sir! :mrgreen:

Prizes: 1st & 2nd: a copy of LL from the Store
3rd: 1 copy of Multitab 6000 from the store

Entries:

Ashleykaymay by McFusty
Kalie
TishyTasha by Scapper 42
Saschatilo
Dais3ma3
Xojmo nominated by Lily Parker
BryonyRae nominated by Lily Paker
Simssims174
SmilzPretty
Jooliea nominated by SmilzPretty
Icouldntfindaname nominated by Charicarn
SimsAreSweet
Mali1106068
Becca_una83

Winners:
Lunar Lakes: To be given by 2Mahawk: Mali1106068 (GIFTED)
Lunar Lakes: To be given by me: Xojmo nominated by Lily Parker (GIFTED)
Multi Tab: Saschatilo please make sure you have this on you WL!(GIFTED)

And well I will be giving all entrants(and their nominees) a little something off their wishlist(entrants please make sure there are items worth 75 points or less on your WL). Thank you everybody!

Comments

• SeascapeSeascape Posts: 2,359 Member
    edited October 2012
    OMG! Thank you Jenn! She is lovely!!

And about my avi...she is so...well...serious. I really need to change that up. I just didn't want to lose my "identity" here on the forums, so I never have.

Maybe someday I'll stop walking around on my tiptoes too. :D

• becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited October 2012
    This is just her in her "formal attire" so the avi would not change that much. I just wanted to know what you liked and such...and I wanted to make her an artist...who, get this, paints seascapes :mrgreen: I am not changing any hair colour or facial features...just some hair a make up ...

This is just a sneak peak for you..

But I just wanted to be able to say THANK YOU!
    edited October 2012
    This is just her in her "formal attire" so the avi would not change that much. I just wanted to know what you liked and such...and I wanted to make her an artist...who, get this, paints seascapes :mrgreen: I am not changing any hair colour or facial features...just some hair a make up ...

This is just a sneak peak for you..

But I just wanted to be able to say THANK YOU!

Thank you Jenn! She is beautiful! I love her.... :D
  • SikSouthernTinkSikSouthernTink Posts: 1,683 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I agree! *applauds* Seascape is amazing! I too wish I could get/make her something, but I don't know what to do...lol
  • okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited October 2012
    Really nice Jenn! Good looking sim for a great and generous simmer!
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited October 2012
    You did a great job hon. She's beautiful. :D
    YShQCz1.png
  • CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hello

Such a beautiful job.

charicharn
    edited October 2012
    Okay, I made this into a give away of Lunar Lakes due to the price, in Seascape's honour, please see the first post.
  • okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited October 2012
    Wow this is really generous of you Jenn! You truly are a great and kind person and I think that Seascape will be honored by this!
  • SmilzPrettySmilzPretty Posts: 5,143 Member
    edited October 2012
    Id love to join this! I love doing makeovers and while I have not spoken to seascape much I appreciate all the wonderful things Ive seen her doing around the forums so THANK YOU! :D

and thank you becomingjenn for this awesome idea/contest!
    GznnJ.gif <--- Click (right clicking doesn't count as a click)
    Acts 20:35- it IS more blessed to give than to receive
  • readreadreadreadreadreadreadread Posts: 6,243 Member
    edited October 2012
    She is da bomb! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited October 2012
    Bookmarking :)
    er0s4g.jpg
    edited October 2012
    And if you all have any questions, please let me know. Thank you Scrapper for the questions. I hope I made it more clear. And as always...I wanted to let Seascape know how much I'm grateful for all she's done for me and the community.
  • lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited October 2012
    And if you all have any questions, please let me know. Thank you Scrapper for the questions. I hope I made it more clear. And as always...I wanted to let Seascape know how much I'm grateful for all she's done for me and the community.

Would pose player be okay to use for this? I don't have it, but I have been considering downloading it for my Simblr.

PS What a generous giveaway. Thank you for hosting!
    er0s4g.jpg
  • SimsAreSweetSimsAreSweet Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited October 2012
    Do you want us to upload a link or just take pictures of the loverly Seascape? :D Thank you for hosting, Jenn!
    edited October 2012
    Do you want us to upload a link or just take pictures of the loverly Seascape? :D Thank you for hosting, Jenn!

For the contest, just pictures (you can use any image sharing website or this site for hosting your pictures). I do think Seascape likes to upload, so she may like the links, but it is not required. And thank you for asking questions. If there are more questions, I'll be glad to answer :mrgreen:
    edited October 2012
    Hoping for others to see this...as it is coming up on coming home time for those of us in the Western US.

edited October 2012
    How nice is this!!!

I'm very flattered. And a giveaway for Lunar Lakes too. Sooo generous! I built the Jupiter 2 / Robinson family in this world. Lunar Lakes is so "otherworldly" and futuristic, and makes me feel like I could be on another planet.

:D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited October 2012
    lydiad206 wrote:

Would pose player be okay to use for this? I don't have it, but I have been considering downloading it for my Simblr.

PS What a generous giveaway. Thank you for hosting!

Pose player is acceptable to use. I tend to like the more "in the moment shots" but I've seen some Pose Player ones that are quite nice...so be my guest :mrgreen: Hope this helps.
  • MacFustyMacFusty Posts: 323 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I would like to nominate the awesome Ashleykaymay: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Ashleykaymay

And here is my screenshot of a very happy Seascape, who, having gone to paradise on a tropical vacation, is busy doing in Sunlight Tides what she does best on the forums: Spreading kindness and making new friends:

screenshot3kh.jpg

Thank you for all that you do for the gifting community, Seascape!

EDIT 1: oops! My other shots aren't showing up...hang on!

EDIT 2: Here we go!

screenshot3nl.jpg

And I love this one the best: Seascape's glee at getting the entire population of this particular lot to engage in the Smustle!

screenshot5mk.jpg
  • 2Mahawk2Mahawk Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited October 2012
    Oh nice work, Jenn! I agree, Seascape deserves this as she continues to give even as no one can give to her. I got the pleasure of getting to know her a bit in the Chat For Charity thread. :wink:

Congrats, Seascape! I hope you enjoy the entries! :D

I already have it, thanks to a very generous simmer. :mrgreen: However, I would like to share this fantastic world, too. I'm still in awe of the buildings and landscape. They are so out there! It's exceeded my expectations. Can I sponsor one?
    edited October 2012
    2Mahawk wrote:
    Oh nice work, Jenn! I agree, Seascape deserves this as she continues to give even as no one can give to her. I got the pleasure of getting to know her a bit in the Chat For Charity thread. :wink:

I already have it, thanks to a very generous simmer. :mrgreen: However, I would like to share this fantastic world, too. I'm still in awe of the buildings and landscape. They are so out there! It's exceeded my expectations. Can I sponsor one?

Yes you can...I will accept nominations and up to 2 entries are allowed(which would mean 2 nominations) :mrgreen:
  • SimsAreSweetSimsAreSweet Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited October 2012

For the contest, just pictures (you can use any image sharing website or this site for hosting your pictures). I do think Seascape likes to upload, so she may like the links, but it is not required. And thank you for asking questions. If there are more questions, I'll be glad to answer :mrgreen:

Thanks for answering :D
  • KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited October 2012
    photo # 1 : Gifting a sim
    Screenshot-2-2.jpg
    photos # 2: Befriending a sim
    Screenshot-5-2.jpg
    photo # 3: Partying with the sims
    Screenshot-3-1.jpg

Love ya Seascape! Hope you like my entree. ^_^
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • 2Mahawk2Mahawk Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited October 2012
    2Mahawk wrote:

Yes you can...I will accept nominations and up to 2 entries are allowed(which would mean 2 nominations) :mrgreen:
    Thanks, Jenn! I'll bookmark this thread then, and watch for the results.

Sponsor and nominate at the same time? Has anyone done this before? Sorry, but I don't know if I would feel right about it. However, I will spread the word. Hopefully, some friends will join in. :)