Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We might not get a world with this

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2012
    Since thier combining both I hope it's 2 hours long.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2012
    Dreamie209 wrote:
    Hidden springs in snow *_*

:shock: whooa! I can totally see that XD!

What about Bridgeport? A city at night is so pretty when you have snow covered ground and snow falling.
  • AdiCohenAdiCohen Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited August 2012
    clubers wrote:
    joshire wrote:
    Sorry, but don't they usually preview the new town in the launch trailer?

Not in the Ambitions and Pets trailer (ironically both took place in Riverview), so Seasons can do it to.

Don't forget Showtime, the first one took place in Sunset Valley
  • lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited August 2012
    they only said they were going to take a first look at season. we don't know what that will consist of or how much they will reveal. there will be more live chats to give them the opportunity to reveal a world.
  • bananaholicbananaholic Posts: 4,314 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I love the looks of NY in winter. Brudgeport should also look fantastic. And imagine all of the sims suntanning in Lucky Palms
  • Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited August 2012
    Maybe they'll add an updated version of SV. The SV in the trailer seemed modified. If not, there'll probably be a store world well suited to Seasons.
  • mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited August 2012
    clubers wrote:
    joshire wrote:

Not in the Ambitions and Pets trailer (ironically both took place in Riverview), so Seasons can do it to.

Thank you - I didn't remember that. That helps quite a bit. I always like a new town, even if I don't use the actual town, because it means they had to make new rabbitholes and more build objects and such. I love the Starlight Shores stadium shell and grocery store RH, for instance, even if I don't actually use them in SS.
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited August 2012
    AdiCohen wrote:
    clubers wrote:
    joshire wrote:

Don't forget Showtime, the first one took place in Sunset Valley

Oh yeah, how could I have forgotten!?
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited August 2012
    Dreamie209 wrote:
    Hidden springs in snow *_*

:shock: whooa! I can totally see that XD!

What about Bridgeport? A city at night is so pretty when you have snow covered ground and snow falling.

yeah, I haven't been really playing in Bridgeport for awhile, but from what I remember, and adding winter :D yeah.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited August 2012
    Maybe they'll add an updated version of SV. The SV in the trailer seemed modified. If not, there'll probably be a store world well suited to Seasons.

lol you beat me to it, I was thinking about that while talking about all the other store towns XD

Edit: waaah double post :x
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't think so either, but I don't mind. :)

Does anyone else wanna see what Bridgeport looks like during winter AT NIGHT? :shock:

Must look really nice.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    edited August 2012
    I really don't care if they add a world or not. I have enough with EA worlds, plus some player made worlds that I wouldn't mind...seasons will work anywhere (except WA places) and I think that's awesome enough! :mrgreen:

Edit: Forgot to add, I can just imagine what Twinbrook will look like in a thunderstorm...wow. :P
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • lenieceleniece Posts: 869 Member
    edited August 2012
    There were icicles on some of the house roofs. And snow covered stuff.
    But I did not see it actually snowing.
    Did I miss it? Or are they going to show that later?
    Don't Worry, Be Happy. Have Fun :D
  • AdiCohenAdiCohen Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited August 2012
    clubers wrote:
    joshire wrote:

Thank you - I didn't remember that. That helps quite a bit. I always like a new town, even if I don't use the actual town, because it means they had to make new rabbitholes and more build objects and such. I love the Starlight Shores stadium shell and grocery store RH, for instance, even if I don't actually use them in SS.

True, me too. I always like to explore the new town and see what objects, trees, rabbitholes it has to offer. Sometimes I replace them in other towns. So I would be highly disappointed if there is no new town included.
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, new towns are usually packed with the content from EP, and you can really explore it fully
  • joshirejoshire Posts: 645 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Oh, seeing as they. Aren't previewed a lot in trailers, maybe we have a chance:D I desperately want one!
    edited August 2012
    If showtime didn't come with a world, there wouldn't be as much fun exploring the venues and stuff, SS is built for performing and for Showtime
  • snowpatrolchlosnowpatrolchlo Posts: 350
    edited August 2012
    I'm 100% fine with NOT getting a new world- the new weather will make a nice change to the worlds we have! From the trailer I recognized quite a bit of Sunset Valley, so I doubt we will ( but EA can prove me wrong, and I wouldn't complain at all!) :D
  • beaglelover2008beaglelover2008 Posts: 4,758 Member
    edited August 2012
    They said first look.... I don't think that would warrant a whole town. Plus, once Supernatural is out, they would have plenty of time to do another video, right?
  • SimNowSimNow Posts: 222 Member
    edited August 2012
    I would like a new world with all the new objects placed in it, simply because I'm idle and I want to play right away. Other than that I would be okay without one, although part of the fun in a new expansion is having a new world to play in.

Having said that I'm already trying to decide what to do with the weather in the worlds I've got, it's kind of like getting new worlds any way. I'm guessing that you must have winter to get the snow flake (?) holiday, which means its going to snow in Lucky palms.
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'd be just as happy if we didn't get one, although I don't really recognize the setting in the trailer at first glance. Oh well, I HAVE WEATHER!!! 8D
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited August 2012
    Personally I don't care if we get another world or not. I am just so happy we are finally getting weather, Aliens and alien abduction! I almost do not have words! Is it November yet?? :mrgreen:
  • syg1523syg1523 Posts: 102 Member
    edited August 2012
    I won't be surprised if there won't be a world for this EP...with all the problems that are not yet fixed with CAW, they probably have decided to just skip making one for this EP because they still haven't figured out how to fix the CAW problems...yet! But that's just my guess...I could be wrong.
    :)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2012
    Actually I think it's likely that there will be a new world -- it's probably not ready for the announce trailer so that's why they used Sunset Valley (they used Riverview for Pets and I think SV for Showtime -- about the only trailer that really needed its own world was LN because Bridgeport is so different).

Think about how many lots are going to need to be added:

One for the seasonal festival
    Area for winter sports (that snowboard half pipe looked pretty big)
    A lot to hold the Ice Lounge (for those who do the Limited Edition bit)

That's actually a lot of stuff -- then if you have the other packs and want to put those in the game, plus if you want to be able to build your own houses to incorporate all the build/buy stuff. One of the things that people said they liked the most about Lucky Palms was the number of empty lots so they could customize the town as they wished -- maybe EA took the hint and will give us towns where we can add what we want instead of smacking down the venues haphazardly like they did with other EPs (anyone notice the Consignment Shop was put down backwards in Riverview after AMB came out?).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited August 2012
    I DEMAND A NEW TOWN

seriously I don't want to play Seasons in the one's I've got not unless I totally over haul them :roll: