Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Seasons - Christmas

Right so many people are speculating about Christmas in The Sims 3 Seasons, it seems that there is Easter, Halloween and possibly Valentines but there have been no indication towards Christmas just yet. Maybe EA are holding it off until a later date, there are Christmas related descriptions and items so it's highly likely also due to the fact that other holidays are included it's kinda inevitable since Christmas is the most important holiday, right?!

Comments

• SikSouthernTinkSikSouthernTink Posts: 1,683 New Member
    edited August 2012
    It's not called Christmas or Halloween...It's Snow Flake Day and Spooky Day.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/02/the-sims-3-seasons-first-details-and-announcement
  • koapsychocorekoapsychocore Posts: 342 Member
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, I figure they will change the name and just go with the commercial part of holidays as to not offend people of all religions.
    You can call me Corby.
    tumblr_n643b5yyHO1rdbefdo1_500.gif
    OriginID: cehall86
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, I figure they will change the name and just go with the commercial part of holidays as to not offend people of all religions.

Seems to me that's what they did. I think that was a very smart move. Calling them something entirely different shows that they've drawn inspiration from the real world, but they've still made it their own in the world of the sims. Makes sense to me.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited August 2012

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/02/the-sims-3-seasons-first-details-and-announcement

Yeah I can imagine when it comes out, someone's probably going to make a mod for it to rename the holidays if they personally want it changed for their game. I've seen alot of 'renaming' mods lol
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • ameracis578ameracis578 Posts: 1,067 New Member
    edited August 2012

This is what I'm thinking too. Even though it'd be nice to have Santa and all..still :)
  • SikSouthernTinkSikSouthernTink Posts: 1,683 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I like the idea of renaming them, but "snow flake day" and "spooky day" really? lol
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,416 Member
    edited August 2012

This is what I'm thinking too. Even though it'd be nice to have Santa and all..still :)

They could rename Santa to Mr. Jolly or something. I really hope he is in this EP though. Maybe he's a surprise
  • KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited August 2012
    Dreamie209 wrote:

Yeah I can imagine when it comes out, someone's probably going to make a mod for it to rename the holidays if they personally want it changed for their game. I've seen alot of 'renaming' mods lol

Thats true
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    edited August 2012
    Well at least we know that they can put holidays in the game, even though they are renamed. Now everybody that said that they can't put holidays in the game can go eat their words... :-) :D:mrgreen: 8) :lol:
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2012
    I like the idea of renaming them, but "snow flake day" and "spooky day" really? lol

:lol::lol::lol:

Actually, I think "Spooky Day" is kind of cute.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • meikahidenorimeikahidenori Posts: 276 Member
    edited August 2012

that, and not everyone has Christmas in winter! ;)
  • thesimdeej33thesimdeej33 Posts: 986 Member
    edited August 2012

that, and not everyone has Christmas in winter! ;)

You got that right, Im in Australia, and our Christmas is in Summer!
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited August 2012

Yea, I will be one of the first to download any mod that allows me to change those names to something else. :D
  • Rianna90Rianna90 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I will change them to something else too, but not the real religious holidays. My sims have their own religions. :)
  • lilyboblilybob Posts: 940 Member
    edited August 2012
    Joseff wrote:
    Christmas is the most important holiday, right?!

The most Christian quote I have ever heard. They changed it to the overtly-PC "Snowflake Day".
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited August 2012
    I find it odd that they didn't show anything about it, although there is apparently an "Snowflake Day".

I really hope they give us the Christmas lights back. (perhaps improving upon them, as well)
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Sylvie1991Sylvie1991 Posts: 177 Member
    edited August 2012

They do sound a bit childish, lol!
  • BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited August 2012
    Also when it said "Play with ... life" It said "presents." So there'll be a Christmas-like holiday at least. Saw the trick-or-treaters, SO CUTE.

I am preordering this and SN asap. ^3^
    giphy.gif
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, they just change/play with names to fit the themes of each season rather than the actual holiday for obvious reason.
  • lagaylelagayle Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    thats cool and all but i agure with having a santacome in your and have a decrated tree (free fro the sims store)and leave gifts under it
    :)
  • mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited August 2012
    lagayle wrote:
    thats cool and all but i agure with having a santacome in your and have a decrated tree (free fro the sims store)and leave gifts under it
    :)

There's a St. Nick outfit in the store for free. It's in the same set as the Christmas tree, even, so you can download the whole set, then have one of your sims dress up as Santa for a gift-giving party. Problem solved!
  • fabregas22fabregas22 Posts: 369 Member
    edited August 2012

Santa could be in. Because I think he was in the sims 2. You could get him if you bought a Christmas tree and then baked some cookies. He should then appear at night if all sims are asleep. So he should be in this game too.
  • Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited August 2012
    I will change the name too, but I won't download a Mod for it, I'm just gonna call it, Halloween, Easter, Valentines Day and Christmas
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't mind the names of the holidays in-game, personally. I wouldn't mind having Santa around for the holiday season.

Just as long as we don't end up having a guy during the Halloween season named "Jack" that carries a lantern everywhere with him.

That might be a bit spooky, even for Halloween. :shock:
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited August 2012
    barisaxy wrote:
    I find it odd that they didn't show anything about it, although there is apparently an "Snowflake Day".

I really hope they give us the Christmas lights back. (perhaps improving upon them, as well)

Not really that odd. It was the first announcement, there is still 3 1/2 months to go. The also said they were holding back for gamescon next week. They told us the names of them so we can start dreaming and gave us a few of the parties. Really i only remember the gift leaving party which is in winter so you have snow, snowflake day, and the gift leaving party along with the christmasy items i heard lights are in the game, the free holiday chrismas set in the store plus your imagination. that is all the makings of a christmas party right there.