Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Project: Central Park *New Thread/Contest Reopening*

2...Next

Comments

• ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
    edited July 2012
    I realize I should have never left this now but I already said

@anette You can continue to care about the community I have no problem with that. If they don't trust me...well they don't have too. I'm sure there are already some people that don't and that is up to them. I know there are some people I don't trust.
    @Joolster if anyone had cared for me to end the contest during the seven months i most likely would have. However no one cared about the contest! Seriously, think about it. If people had cared they would have tried to get the contest rolling again. But NOOOOOOOOOO. Instead, let's use it as a way to make ashley look bad! Well you guys succeeded. ..So, you're are right in the sense that I have to help the contest be active but if none of the other contestants are active at all how i am supposed to want to be active? It's a little pointless...You know why I didn't know? BECAUSE NO ONE DECIDED TO TELL ME. I had been checking that thread frequently however there was nothing to see. So naturally, I stopped!!!!! That was actually a very rude and hurtful thing to post right there. Why didn't I finish it sooner? because I thought it wasn't worth the effort.

edited July 2012
    Instead of taking the time to respond to everything else that has been said, I'm going to sum it up instead and say the following points.
    1. No one had made any effort for the contest to keep going, so I figured nothing would become of this contest.
    2. I would have cared about the contest, and I did at first. But if no one else cares, I can't care. It just...doesn't happen. What if everyone suddenly disappeared form your contest? Would you continue to care much about it? Probably you would try to "perform cpr" however when only crickets are to be heard, you'd give up.

• JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited July 2012
    @Joolster if anyone had cared for me to end the contest during the seven months i most likely would have. However no one cared about the contest! Seriously, think about it. If people had cared they would have tried to get the contest rolling again. But NOOOOOOOOOO. Instead, let's use it as a way to make ashley look bad! Well you guys succeeded. ..So, you're are right in the sense that I have to help the contest be active but if none of the other contestants are active at all how i am supposed to want to be active? It's a little pointless...You know why I didn't know? BECAUSE NO ONE DECIDED TO TELL ME. I had been checking that thread frequently however there was nothing to see. So naturally, I stopped!!!!! That was actually a very rude and hurtful thing to post right there. Why didn't I finish it sooner? because I thought it wasn't worth the effort.

Pardon me asking, but how exactly did you expect others to keep the thread going? If I was a participant in your contest, I sure as heck would not be regularly bumping it for you. Why? A) It's not my responsibility B) I wouldn't want YOU to think I'm imposing on YOUR contest. I already managed to get a bit of heat directed at me for checking peoples' entries with CUSTARD voluntarily in a contest that was not mine. People said I was "sabotaging" others. (lol)

You don't seem to understand that nobody owes you anything, but you owe others if you decide to host a contest. It's your duty to bump it, keep the interest alive, make the objective interesting, promote the contest, make the prizes worthwhile, etc etc.

Also, if what Smash said is true, that other people bumped the contest for you while you were MIA, then what did you expect would happen? Do you honestly think people would wanna keep your contest afloat when you yourself have seemingly abandoned it first? :?

I don't even know how to respond to your "Noone decided to tell me". If it's your contest, you're in charge, noone should be telling you your contest has slowed down. :? You keep saying people are trying to put you down, (when in reality that is not true), yet you post things like "because I thought it wasn't worth the effort." That just does not make you look good. I imagine people got the vibe long time ago the contest isn't worth the effort to you, hence why they let it die.
    edited July 2012
    What if everyone suddenly disappeared form your contest? Would you continue to care much about it? Probably you would try to "perform cpr" however when only crickets are to be heard, you'd give up.

If I did everything in my power to host the best contest in my ability (this should be an obligation for everyone in the first place), with a great objective, fun prizes, enough promotion etc etc, and STILL it didn't generate enough interest, I would close the contest the moment I felt it wasn't going anywhere if there were no entries, or I would have gifted the entries that I do have and close it then.
    edited July 2012
    You know what Joolster? This is not your contest. Please do not tell me how to run it.
    edited July 2012
    You know what Joolster? This is not your contest. Please do not tell me how to run it.

You do realize you made it my business when you posted the new link in the Unfinished Contest? It's a little late now to be condescending towards me.
  • smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited July 2012
    Ashley, you're giving a bad name to Ashley's everywhere. and as another Ashley, I'm offended by your behaviour. nothing you're saying is making you look like anything other than a brat who didn't get what she wanted and upset because you got called out on it.
    stop having a tantrum at people who tried to HELP YOU close the contest you never cared about to begin with.
    and there's really no contest to run as it's finally now been closed though the winners were never posted here - where there is a post and a heading for the winners. Smart.

contest finally over. great. no one cares now because it's been going on for nearly 8 months. whose fault is that? yours.
    lesson learned, don't enter any contests started by you.
    let's move on.
    edited July 2012
    Joolster wrote:

You do realize you made it my business when you posted the new link in the Unfinished Contest? It's a little late now to be condescending towards me.

Joolster. Who was the person that originally posted my contest in the unfinished cotnest thread? Not me. that person made it your business to watch my thread. Being a sensible person, I then followed up on that post. By posting it there I never intended for it to turn into Project Central Park: Completely Transformed By The Works Of The Magnificent Joolster!

So please, just "shut up" about how I should run my contest.
    edited July 2012
    Ashley, you're giving a bad name to Ashley's everywhere. and as another Ashley, I'm offended by your behaviour. nothing you're saying is making you look like anything other than a brat who didn't get what she wanted and upset because you got called out on it.
    stop having a tantrum at people who tried to HELP YOU close the contest you never cared about to begin with.
    and there's really no contest to run as it's finally now been closed though the winners were never posted here - where there is a post and a heading for the winners. Smart.

contest finally over. great. no one cares now because it's been going on for nearly 8 months. whose fault is that? yours.
    lesson learned, don't enter any contests started by you.
    let's move on.
    "Practice What You Preach."

Words to live by.

Boy am I glad my name isn't actually Ashley, but instead an internet name. The name of my pink stuffed teddy...she is a bit spoiled.
    edited July 2012
    Smash brought it up, we swept it under the rug because the original thread wasn't in Gift Gathering, and we focused on fixing GG contests and tried not to touch other forum stuff. Which actually upset Smash. Then you came in and posted a new thread yourself. It's all in the thread, anyone can go and read it.

Also, grow up.
    edited July 2012
    Joolster wrote:
    Also, grow up.
    "Practice What You preach"

Words to live by.
  • smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited July 2012
    "Practice What You preach"

Words to live by.

so how about you start living by them and stop calling people names?

"Starting to get Liam'd. I guess it is for the better. I can have a break from the rude-*** simmers. Seriously, they need to buzz off."

this is YOUR latest status update. yes, we're horrible people for trying to hold you to finishing something you started. call the police to come and have me hauled away.

you're pathetic.