September 24 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!

how is the sims 3 supernatural vampires different to the sims 3 late night vampires?

124...Next

Comments

  • Sim_Man17Sim_Man17 Posts: 167 Member
    edited July 2012
    To be honest, I am truly more worried about the vampire's eyes and fangs. In Late Night, vampires have exactly four fangs on the top and bottom of their mouths. Late Night vampires have glowing eyes as well. In The Sims 3 Supernatural trailer, we have seen a vampire with only two fangs on the top of his mouth. The vampire's eyes in The Sims 3 Supernatural trailer doesn't seem to glow. I am not completely sure though. I am just afraid that we might not have the Late Night vampire appearance anymore. I still want my vampires to have glowing eyes.
  • ezeliastarsongezeliastarsong Posts: 799 Member
    edited July 2012
    Sim_Man17 wrote:
    To be honest, I am truly more worried about the vampire's eyes and fangs. In Late Night, vampires have exactly four fangs on the top and bottom of their mouths. Late Night vampires have glowing eyes as well. In The Sims 3 Supernatural trailer, we have seen a vampire with only two fangs on the top of his mouth. The vampire's eyes in The Sims 3 Supernatural trailer doesn't seem to glow. I am not completely sure though. I am just afraid that we might not have the Late Night vampire appearance anymore. I still want my vampires to have glowing eyes.

    Same here, I love the glowing eyes; gives that eerie feeling at night. I really hope EA doesn't take away the 8 fangs :I it's so awesome...
  • locktocklocktock Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2012
    i hope they change the fact that vampires in the sims 3 "faint" when out in the sun to long because thats just stupid "oh no i am in the sun going to pass out and be fine afterwards..." its annoying and stupid
    also i hope they dont "sparkle" like my sister wants then too (she is a big twilight fan) that would be lame

    well enough ranting

    what i think the new features of them should be is:

    burn in sunlight (not faint or "sparkle")
    able to suck peoples blood without all that "can i suck your blood please? no, okay then cya"
    and also keep the other stuff they had like the speed and faster skill gaining
  • locktocklocktock Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2012
    locktock wrote:
    i hope they change the fact that vampires in the sims 3 "faint" when out in the sun to long because thats just stupid "oh no i am in the sun going to pass out and be fine afterwards..." its annoying and stupid
    also i hope they dont "sparkle" like my sister wants then too (she is a big twilight fan) that would be lame

    well enough ranting

    what i think the new features of them should be is:

    burn in sunlight (not faint or "sparkle")
    able to suck peoples blood without all that "can i suck your blood please? no, okay then cya"
    and also keep the other stuff they had like the speed and faster skill gaining

    also forgot to add: i read somewhere that there will be a skill bar on these things there is one for being a werewolf, you know the whole 1-10 skill in being a werewolf/vampire/fairy/wizard/witch
    i think its a neat touch they will probably also be new abilaties along the way too
  • bluefreak94bluefreak94 Posts: 3
    edited July 2012
    locktock wrote:
    locktock wrote:
    i hope they change the fact that vampires in the sims 3 "faint" when out in the sun to long because thats just stupid "oh no i am in the sun going to pass out and be fine afterwards..." its annoying and stupid
    also i hope they dont "sparkle" like my sister wants then too (she is a big twilight fan) that would be lame

    well enough ranting

    what i think the new features of them should be is:

    burn in sunlight (not faint or "sparkle")
    able to suck peoples blood without all that "can i suck your blood please? no, okay then cya"
    and also keep the other stuff they had like the speed and faster skill gaining

    also forgot to add: i read somewhere that there will be a skill bar on these things there is one for being a werewolf, you know the whole 1-10 skill in being a werewolf/vampire/fairy/wizard/witch
    i think its a neat touch they will probably also be new abilaties along the way too


    Well to be completely fair, a vampire's Thirst need does drop faster while they have the "Too much sun" moodlet. In fact I had one of my vamps die because of it. So while it's not exactly a flaming death upon contact, the sun can still be dangerous for vampire sims.
  • NFSGalaxyNFSGalaxy Posts: 134 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Late Night=Twilight Vampires
    Supernatural=Dracula Vampires

    Yes the eyes looked a little abnormal in SN trailer. In most cases, Vampires K-Nine teeth are sharp which is 2+2=4.
  • Aw3someunicornAw3someunicorn Posts: 34
    edited July 2012
    NFSGalaxy wrote:
    Late Night=Twilight Vampires
    Supernatural=Dracula Vampires

    Yes the eyes looked a little abnormal in SN trailer. In most cases, Vampires K-Nine teeth are sharp which is 2+2=4.

    Late night wasn't twilight vampires. Everyone stop saying that. They didn't sparkle, there where no "Cullen's" and twilight did NOT invent vegetarian vampires. Or super speed, or mind reading! I bet half the people that bag on twilight haven't even read it. I don't mean to be mean, but I'm just kinda anoyed.

    What I would like to see in the vampires is a new like mind control thingy. Kinda like the encorncelment with the genie. It gets more powerful with age. Like, first, you can only read minds, and by that it shows the sim like how it would if it was in your family. Except you cant make it do anything or stop an action. Then, when the skill grows, it lets it do it for a longer time, and you can stop an action and the sims your mind controlling gets the "what was I doing?" or "confused moodlet" and u can send that sims messages or something. and then, when your skill grow to like level 7 or something, you can full on mind control them for like 10 sim hours. Then, when it reaches level 10 u can do it until u decide to stop. And while it's being mind controlled, you can make it do stupid things. Like if u click on the sim, u can make it do things like "dance awkwardly" or something like that. And, since ur controlling its mind, u can make it think things like make it think its being burned or getting like but by spiders or something. I hope that made sense :P thank u!
  • FadiAssi0FadiAssi0 Posts: 263 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I read somewhere (on thesims wiki I think) that SN vampires have new hypnotic powers... Which is really cool :D And for the people who think that only SN can only be created in CAS and not the original vampires from LN, I think that you're wrong because (I think, again :P) all vampires will be updated to the SN vampires (So the Vampires in CAS will be Late Night vampires combined with the new powers. If they're not, it would be really very so stupid, as it's pointless really to have 2 types of Vampires... It would be really hard to tell them apart..
  • xXVickerdXxxXVickerdXx Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    dash3001 wrote:
    If that's the case, and they're prettying up the LN vamp without making it a separate creature, then they should give a bonus of some sort to people who've already spent money on and registered LN.

    Edit: Maybe those who don't own LN won't have vamps. That's more likely and makes better sense. I can deal with that.

    I wouldn't like that, since I don't have LN. And no, that doesn't make sense. Because they can't create an update for a different expansion pack.
  • StakerStaker Posts: 417
    edited July 2012
    dash3001 wrote:
    If that's the case, and they're prettying up the LN vamp without making it a separate creature, then they should give a bonus of some sort to people who've already spent money on and registered LN.

    Edit: Maybe those who don't own LN won't have vamps. That's more likely and makes better sense. I can deal with that.

    I wouldn't like that, since I don't have LN. And no, that doesn't make sense. Because they can't create an update for a different expansion pack.
    The LN vampires will be replaced by the SN ones. The SN vampires are like LN vampires, only with some extra abilities and animations. Nothing is being removed: vampires still have glowing eyes and fangs, don't die in the sun and probably can't turn into bats.
    The fearsome look of the trailer vampire was probably staged to make the vampires seem more appealing. Or maybe, like werewolves, they have a normal form and a beast form, which both can be created in CAS.
  • jmorsayjmorsay Posts: 6
    edited August 2012
    It doesn't matter to me if they are two different species. I just want all exps and a party/sleepover with a sim of each type of life state (all occults plus ghost and normal sim and pets except unicorn.) A giant game of tag. I hope they are two diff types. Again I don't think it matters that much. If they are two, just call one type bitters (LN ones) and others - vampires for clarity on the forums. Can't wait for Seasons' alien occult and all supernatural occults.
  • GGboinkGGboink Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    AznSensei wrote:
    n00biityo wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:
    You're given "fantasized"/celebrity vampires *cough*twilight*cough* for clubbing in Late Night

    In this EP you're given "classical" vampires that do more than that. They can curse you with their bite, they even look like the classic vampires, not the "flashy" ones.

    Basically Supernatural showcases the "true" supernatural beings rumored such as actual dangerous vampires, not the "Can I please bite you?" vampires.

    I'm sorry but I saw nothing "Twilighty" about the LN vampires. They went out clubbing? So did the vampires in Blade. They are stronger than normal sims? Pretty much the same in every vampire lore. They can mind control sims? Also in abundance in other vampire lore. Do they sparkle in the sun? No. Are they vegetarian vampires? No. (well maybe the plasma fruit is a bit much I think it's just for convenience than anything else) Where oh, where is there twilight in any of this?

    It was a small joke, of course they don't shine or sparkle, but what I mean is you get the "rich and famous" vampires, the celebrity-like feel to them I guess.

    Or you can just call the Modern-day approached vampires. One way or another.




    Actually the vampires do sparkle, there is an elixer that will not only protect the new vampires from the sun but also give them a shiny or glittery effect. also they can be a vegetarian it is a new quick meal on the fridge.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited August 2012
    LN vampires could be vegetarians, too. I always made mine vegetarians cause I was too lazy to work on getting folks to let me bite them. I also did not want to get blood from the hospital./shrug

    Being vegetarian isn't new.

    Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • magic345wmagic345w Posts: 1,054
    edited August 2012
    Vamps can now Hipnotize and "Warn Away" other sims.
  • 7531yo7531yo Posts: 111 New Member
    edited August 2012
    so if you dont have LN you'll get the vampire in SN and it will be more like a vampire from all the legends and stories?
  • deenjleedeenjlee Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    well i dont know but i cant wait till it come's out!!! :P :-D :lol::lol: 8) 8)
  • emzvineremzviner Posts: 129 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I wish you could just attack Sims and turn them into vampires, lol...
  • SikSouthernTinkSikSouthernTink Posts: 1,683 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Yeah Emzviner, the whole, "Excuse me, may I chew on your arm for a bit?" thing kind of peeves me off. I already don't really like what they've done to the Werewolves (I'm more of a Twilight fan in that aspect. I like the full wolf form...or at least like Lycan-y from Underworld lol)..lets not make the Vampires worse lol I really hope zombies can bite other sims without asking too.

    I guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited August 2012
    I agree with biting without asking! It cheezed me off so much that the vamps were so wimpy in Late Night. I turned them off in my game because I was so disappointed. I really really hope the new vamps can bite without asking or at least after hypnotizing. I mean, I know this game is PG but sometimes I feel as if they are worrying a bit too much about the under 12 crowd (or their parents more likely). I'd love to see some real "action" in Supernatural.
  • mike12733mike12733 Posts: 225
    edited August 2012
    I don't get why people don't like the asking thing, ok it would be awesome if they'd just attack them, but the new vampires can hypnotise other to make them think it's ok. (like glamouring in true blood xD) also, I love these werewolves, they are awesomely costumisable and I find them very beastly, and they actually don't even have to ask to spread the curse (here its a good thing). neither do zombies BTW, but there is a chance that they fail however. (look at the first live broadcast) :D
  • rachelalieserachelaliese Posts: 71 New Member
    edited September 2012
    :D I actually hope the LN vampires and SN vampires will b two different types when Super Natural is installed,that way if you like more modern vamps you can still hav them, and if you like more classical vamps you can also have them, or both, and if you don't like one type of vampire you can just turn off/disable them. Also BTW you can create LN vampires in CAS all you need to do is get one buy a mirror or dresser edit your vampire and while your editing save them to your bin. Then next time you go to create a sim click the premade sims button and find the vampire and their you go, you can create your vampire from scratch!I can't wait it comes out tommarow! And now that my sister can drive and my moms birthday is the 6th i have an excuse to go the day its out, or the next day, and get it! Sorry guys that was kinda long but i always say alot when i reply.
  • rachelalieserachelaliese Posts: 71 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I acctuly dislike the asking to bite thing the LN vamps did but if the SN vamps are a new breed (and i think they will be because so far the sims 3 hasn't made any life forms in expansions that had the exact same life form in another) i won't mind the asking to bite thing from the LNs as long as the SNs do have to ask too!
  • rachelalieserachelaliese Posts: 71 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I mean don't have to ask, i accedently said do.
  • Nicole88NicoleNicole88Nicole Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Seer144 wrote:
    Seer144 wrote:



    True...Too bad there aren't dhamphirs in the game. :roll:


    There are.
  • WinapowerWinapower Posts: 47
    edited January 2013
    there is no difference in LN poeple think that you cant make a vamp in CAS but you can : when you go to an already existing vampire when playing you can change the clothes when you look down you can save the vampire then when you go back to CAS you can reload the vamp and change it or just use a cheat :mrgreen:
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top