Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how is the sims 3 supernatural vampires different to the sims 3 late night vampires?

Comments

• Aw3someunicornAw3someunicorn Posts: 34
    edited June 2012
    You know what I don't get though? How there an LTW for werewolves to bite whomever they want but not for vampires. There's something off about that....I think theyre hidin something lol;)
  • justalittecrazyjustalittecrazy Posts: 107
    edited June 2012
    Personally I'd like to see both the bats (fairies can shrink and fly around, I believe, so it is a possibility) the coffins (not that I don't love the floating, but I really used to love sending my sims peeking into coffins while the vampires were sleeping in them) return.

On top of that I'd like the removal of "permission". If I want your blood, I will have it!
    I'd also like a murder option :twisted:
    Seriously. Three new ghosts, one of which is "death by witch/magic," or something. Death by angry vampire? :D
  • bsg3897bsg3897 Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    I think the vampires in SN are able to be the more scary vampires, you do not have to make them scary. They also have new special abilities. oh and to whoever said it is less twilight like, was wrong! They creators even said that Nightshade is based in the North western part of USA, now they have werewolves. SN is now screaming Twilight. I do not mind though because i am a Hard Core TWILIGHT FAN! :P
  • acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited July 2012
    You know what I don't get though? How there an LTW for werewolves to bite whomever they want but not for vampires. There's something off about that....I think theyre hidin something lol;)

Maybe because weres are supposed to be more animalistic and vamps are supposed to be soooo refined lol...

I wish they would make them real monsters...creeping around...snatching up sims and ripping them to threads...

"oh no! Hide yo kids hide yo wife...the full moon is out!"

...but I don't think that is going to happen... :?
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited July 2012
    The recent blog has a pic of a vampire playing chest..He looks more sinster than LN vampires..
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited July 2012
    Are you sure he's a vampire? Or was his skin modified? :?

Does this mean we're going to get blue vamps? :shock:
  • Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited July 2012
    SugarRave wrote:

You can already get blue vampires. We have a blue skintone. But I think it's just the blue lighting in the picture.
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited July 2012
    Look down by his shirt collar and you can make out the vampire tattoo?

He just looks sinster..and not so pretty like LN vampires.

Edited to correct the word collar..XD
  • EvezanEvezan Posts: 773
    edited July 2012
    gamekitten wrote:
    The recent blog has a pic of a vampire playing chest..He looks more sinster than LN vampires..

Dirty ol vampire. :oops:
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited July 2012
    Personally I'd like to see both the bats (fairies can shrink and fly around, I believe, so it is a possibility) the coffins (not that I don't love the floating, but I really used to love sending my sims peeking into coffins while the vampires were sleeping in them) return.

On top of that I'd like the removal of "permission". If I want your blood, I will have it!
    I'd also like a murder option :twisted:
    Seriously. Three new ghosts, one of which is "death by witch/magic," or something. Death by angry vampire? :D

The reason for permission is so that random sims can't just turn another sim into a vampire thus having a largely infested town of vampires. Although I do think that they could remove this interaction and not make it available for the household you aren't playing like they did with the pillow fight interaction.
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited July 2012
    SugarRave wrote:

You can already get blue vampires. We have a blue skintone. But I think it's just the blue lighting in the picture.

I was just afraid that all of them were going to be blue or something xD
  • BillyCoensGurlBillyCoensGurl Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I think if you have LN then all SN is going to do is add new abilities and let you make a vampire in CAS, There may be new clothes and sliders as well and if theres a new town probably new Vampire NPCs. If you don't have LN then they'll probably add the LN type vampires(just the vampire type nothing else from LN) with all the new stuff to. So basically LN+SN= the same vampires as Base(and any other EP beisides LN)+ SN. SN looks awesome I might make a house full of all the monsters
  • GothicansGothicans Posts: 129
    edited July 2012
    I hope there's going to be 2 kinds of vampires you can choose from. You could have some nice vamps and some evil vamps and would remind me of the Vampires and Vampaneze in the Cirque Du Freak saga. It'd be awesome to have little vampire covens and to have a Vampire Slayer type of job too (though there isn't) without the use of one of Nrass' mods. Either way looks awesome!
  • screechingvilncescreechingvilnce Posts: 37 New Member
    edited July 2012
    coollyx5 wrote:
    n00biityo wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:
    You're given "fantasized"/celebrity vampires *cough*twilight*cough* for clubbing in Late Night

In this EP you're given "classical" vampires that do more than that. They can curse you with their bite, they even look like the classic vampires, not the "flashy" ones.

Basically Supernatural showcases the "true" supernatural beings rumored such as actual dangerous vampires, not the "Can I please bite you?" vampires.

I'm sorry but I saw nothing "Twilighty" about the LN vampires. They went out clubbing? So did the vampires in Blade. They are stronger than normal sims? Pretty much the same in every vampire lore. They can mind control sims? Also in abundance in other vampire lore. Do they sparkle in the sun? No. Are they vegetarian vampires? No. (well maybe the plasma fruit is a bit much I think it's just for convenience than anything else) Where oh, where is there twilight in any of this?

I thought they were Twilighty quite a bit.

They can run relatively fast (like Edward Cullen), they can read minds (Like Edward Cullen) and they can be vegetarian, (even though normal Sims can.)

The other thing was that I noticed some of the new clothes and hairstyles for guys were REALLY similar to some of the things Rpattz wore in the movies.

Either way, the LN vampires were really neat in some of the other things they could do, despite the similarities to Twilight.

anyway, Supernatural will be sooo awesome :)

Why Twilighty? If anything, everything you described sounds like something out of "Interview with the Vampire," in the fact that all the vampires can read and manipulate human minds and that not one of them refers to eating rats as vegetarianism.
  • eduard57eduard57 Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    I hope they don't die instantly in the sun like in the Sims 2!!! And I hope they can bite a sim withouth asking and be able to kill normal sims too!!! And it will be very cool to bite other sims when they sleep!!! I think they will da a slider that controls the length of they'r fangs.
  • Ryuzaki5Ryuzaki5 Posts: 50 Member
    edited July 2012
    I'm going to assume that SN will just add the updated vampires if you don't have LN. If you DO have LN it probably will just replace/add to the old coding.

Also, I always perfected classic vampire literature chock full of rip your throat out leave you for dead kind of vampires. Twilight left a bad taste in my mouth; I swear to you, I got halfway through the first book and dismissed it as garbage. (I could see Brom Stoker's Dracula touching that book and receiving a burn akin to holy water or, ironically, sunlight lol) If you like twilight that's your business, just know that I don't. :)
    More than likely EA plans to add a few options to vampires to balance out the modern vibe we get now and add in some classic elements. I do hope that vampires get to hiss at Sims. I mean, werewolves get to growl at them, so why not?

My vampire Rio, is a spoiled, rich, club-hopping party boy (with mad guitar skills) that moonlights as a mixologist. The current vampire options suit him fine. His brother, Vegas, however, is a cold, sophisticated, intellectual with a love for aged nectar and a good mystery. A little something to make him more threatening than his socialite brother would make the contrast between them much more noticeable. See what I mean? :mrgreen:
  • ezeliastarsongezeliastarsong Posts: 799 Member
    edited July 2012
    Upon discovering this the other night, (and this is to Pill's earlier post about fangs) I did find out my sadistic vampire, Victor, has four fangs on both top and bottom rows of his teeth O_O I love it. Here's a piccie:
    screenshot_original.jpg (he was at his little niece's ballet recital too :3 aww~) Notice how the fangs are all pointy o.o there are four on each row, so count em >3< I know it's a little hard to tell, but it's there all right <3 *squee*

I really like how vampires are now, despite them reminding me of boo-hoo Twilight and other mushy gushy vampire lovesick stories. I can't wait for SN to come out. I only hope the 8 fangs aren't edited out; it makes the vampires look more... well like vampires. When SN does come out in early September, I hope they're gonna be sick. Like... meaner and more well, sadistic in this case. Better interactions, the hissing, the ability to become a bat, the bleh-ing and making other Sims wet themselves in public.
  • Citrina5Citrina5 Posts: 1,252 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Actually if you look at the end of the trailer you can see the new interaction with the vampires, its when one of them, spins around the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lady and sort of does the hypnotizing motion with his hands, but its really fats so very difficult to see, but if you look here:
    http://www.simprograms.com/42111/new-supernatural-interview/

you can see the slower version.
  • MoonstoneOracleMoonstoneOracle Posts: 9
    edited July 2012
    I really like how vampires are now, despite them reminding me of boo-hoo Twilight and other mushy gushy vampire lovesick stories. I can't wait for SN to come out. I only hope the 8 fangs aren't edited out; it makes the vampires look more... well like vampires. When SN does come out in early September, I hope they're gonna be sick. Like... meaner and more well, sadistic in this case. Better interactions, the hissing, the ability to become a bat, the bleh-ing and making other Sims wet themselves in public.

I can't say that I really agree with anyone on this. There have been "vegetarian" vampires in many different stories, which just refers to them not wanting to drink human blood. Louis in Interview with a Vampire was reluctant to drink from humans. In the Vampire Chronicles, vampires had what was called a "Dark Gift" (usually after they have lived for over 1000 years) which include telepathy, mind-control, or enhanced senses. Most vampires have super speed I recall several different movies and books were vampires move faster than human ability to see.

Vampires from Blade and the Buffy the Vampire Slayer are often seen in a "modern" or "clubbing" scene. Or even the vampires from Underworld (which my opinion were pretty boring because all they did was run around and shoot things rather than use cool powers.) I think that everyone is wants to label the modern spin of vampires "Twilight-like" but it seems like people have a pretty short memory about every other recent vampire movie or book that has occurred.

Now that I think about it, Blade was also a "vegetarian" vampire although he was half-vampire. Still counts in my opinion.
  • Seer144Seer144 Posts: 816 Member
    edited July 2012

I can't say that I really agree with anyone on this. There have been "vegetarian" vampires in many different stories, which just refers to them not wanting to drink human blood. Louis in Interview with a Vampire was reluctant to drink from humans. In the Vampire Chronicles, vampires had what was called a "Dark Gift" (usually after they have lived for over 1000 years) which include telepathy, mind-control, or enhanced senses. Most vampires have super speed I recall several different movies and books were vampires move faster than human ability to see.

Vampires from Blade and the Buffy the Vampire Slayer are often seen in a "modern" or "clubbing" scene. Or even the vampires from Underworld (which my opinion were pretty boring because all they did was run around and shoot things rather than use cool powers.) I think that everyone is wants wants to label the modern spin of vampires "Twilight-like" but it seems like people have a pretty short memory about every other recent vampire movie or book that has occurred.

Now that I think about it, Blade was also a "vegetarian" vampire although he was half-vampire. Still counts in my opinion.

While I agree with you, I would like to point out that Blade was a dhamphir: half human and half vampire, do to his mother being bitten when she was in labor, or something like that. Dhamphirs have all the benefits of a vampire and none of the vampire's weaknesses.
    edited July 2012
    Seer144 wrote:

While I agree with you, I would like to point out that Blade was a dhamphir: half human and half vampire, do to his mother being bitten when she was in labor, or something like that. Dhamphirs have all the benefits of a vampire and none of the vampire's weaknesses.

Yes, Dhamphir is the common term for half-vampire. If you read my post again, I think you'll realize that I already mentioned Blade was half-vampire. Still, my point remains that he could drink human blood, but he chooses not to. So he is still considered a "vegetarian" vampire or a vegetarian dhamphir in this case.
    edited July 2012
    Seer144 wrote:

Yes, Dhamphir is the common term for half-vampire. If you read my post again, I think you'll realize that I already mentioned Blade was half-vampire. Still, my point remains that he could drink human blood, but he chooses not to. So he is still considered a "vegetarian" vampire or a vegetarian dhamphir in this case.

True...Too bad there aren't dhamphirs in the game. :roll:
    edited July 2012
    Seer144 wrote:

That would be an interesting mechanic to add. I think that the mechanic of vampirism trait passing 50-50 genetically could really be more interesting if perhaps there was say split evenly three ways the baby could either be human, vampire, or dhamphir.

Where they might have a few characteristics of vampires, they could drink from other sims or eat food to get rid of their hunger motive, have increased skill, building at night, and increases speed (but not be as fast as a vampire or something). Although since TS3 vampires (as of now) can't actually die in sunlight it seems like there wouldn't be any benefits of a dhampir over vampire.

Obviously not going to happen in SN because the game is going to be released soon. Haha...They probably wouldn't put something like that in game, because hybrids of unnatural life states would start getting way too crazy and complicated and my Sims game breaks enough as it is.
    edited July 2012
    Seer144 wrote:

That would be an interesting mechanic to add. I think that the mechanic of vampirism trait passing 50-50 genetically could really be more interesting if perhaps there was say split evenly three ways the baby could either be human, vampire, or dhamphir.

Where they might have a few characteristics of vampires, they could drink from other sims or eat food to get rid of their hunger motive, have increased skill, building at night, and increases speed (but not be as fast as a vampire or something). Although since TS3 vampires (as of now) can't actually die in sunlight it seems like there wouldn't be any benefits of a dhampir over vampire.

Obviously not going to happen in SN because the game is going to be released soon. Haha...They probably wouldn't put something like that in game, because hybrids of unnatural life states would start getting way too crazy and complicated and my Sims game breaks enough as it is.

This is true as well. Really, dhamphirs don't really seem that hard to add later, if there was ever a reasonable place to intrudce them into the game. We've already got the vampires, and as far as genetics go, maybe the dhamphirs would have a slight chance of inheritating that pale vamp skin and the eyes. Powers are pretty much given in the 'all the benefits and none of the weaknesses' part of the dhamphir definition. Maybe someone will come out with a mod later.
  • gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited July 2012
    As far as I can see, they just have new, more traditional vampire clothes and CAS sliders to help make vampires look like those hideous pre-made vampires in Bridgeport.

William Fangmann (the cop vampire) is my favorite pre-made vampire. hehe
    Screenshot-853.jpg

Please upload William Fangmann (the cop vampire). He is Yummie and would love to add to my game. My kind of Vamp.

AznSensei,
    You for got this video on the same page: (Has vampires hypnotizing then biting and vampires robots also turning other robots and more. LOL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_hF5z0JDrU&amp;feature=related