Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help me!! Never Mind, Its fixed now!!

I know this isn't the right forum, but I posted in tech and I dont think people really read and post over there...so I was hoping you guys could help me. I can't get my store content to show up in the game. I have downloaded it and tried to install the items. It takes forever and then says that its installed. So I press the play button and the store stuff is not in there and it is no longer installed. I am not sure what the problem is and any information would be appreciated. The latest update has been installed and even if I close it out and reopen the launcher, my store content is still not installed. The game is clean and I have all EP's and SP's installed. Please help... :(

Comments

• bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited May 2012

Thanks ExpressPam, but I dont get an error or missing object message..I dont know what is wrong but its starting to really irritate me :(
  • SmilzPrettySmilzPretty Posts: 5,143 Member
    edited May 2012
    the only thing I could think of is making sure the box at the top (under installed content) isnt checked. the one that says "run without custom content installed" if its checked then click on it to uncheck it and it should work...

if this isnt the problem try checking the box running the game, exiting then going back and unchecking it again. In other words run the game with custom content not installed first then going back and running it normally with custom content...
    GznnJ.gif <--- Click (right clicking doesn't count as a click)
    Acts 20:35- it IS more blessed to give than to receive
  • bloodvioletbloodviolet Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited May 2012
    :( Unfortunately this is a known and ongoing problem. What if anything the Store Team is doing to fix it is the real question. :?:

I ended up having to re-spawn my Sims 3 folder and re-downloading all my store content from my purchase history to make it work again. The back up copies that I had saved would not even install from a fresh Sims 3 folder.

Personally I think it must have something to do with the way the copy protection on store items work. :evil:

It's happened to me twice now, and I am almost to the point of boycotting the store until they fix the problem. :cry:
  • HessethRanHessethRan Posts: 1,522 Member
    edited May 2012
    Exit game, move EA folder to desktop, restart game. Download a couple of test items and see if they show up in game. This worked for me a week or so ago when I got some new EPs and all store content disappeared after I installed the EPs.

My Origin ID: RoseElsing
    edited May 2012
    I will definitely try it!!

Thanks *runs off with anticipation* :mrgreen:
    edited May 2012
    HessethRan wrote:
    Exit game, move EA folder to desktop, restart game. Download a couple of test items and see if they show up in game. This worked for me a week or so ago when I got some new EPs and all store content disappeared after I installed the EPs.

thanks so much, it worked!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    edited May 2012
    I'm so glad it worked for you too, and thank you so much for the pony! You really didn't have to :(

It's just something I tried in desperation after the Live Chat fellow wasted half an hour of my life with irrelevant questions. What made it easy for me was that I had no saved games - just some stuff I'd already uploaded. To be honest, I don't know which files you're supposed to put back in, but you probably have that part sorted out.

But yay, I'm happy you have your store back :D
    edited May 2012
    Yea, it worked until I tried to put everything back in and then it took everything out...This is ridiculous, paid for all those store items and I cant even use them...this game sucks... :(
    edited May 2012
    I would try dropping folders back in one at a time. There's something corrupt in your old folder, like some messed up permissions, but I don't have the technical know-how to know what it is exactly.