Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caw crashing .. can't create large worlds

at first I was having issues with caw crashing upon opening. after downloading and reinstalling caw a few times i finally got it working.

Now, everytime I open caw and try to create a new large world It crashes with the message
the sims 3 create a world tool has crashed
exception information:

attempted to read or write protected memory. this is often an indication that the other memory is corrupt.

but, I opened a medium sized world and have been creating on it for the past few days and it has been working fine. any way to fix it without reinstalling caw or my games a million times? or am i stuck building medium sized worlds from now on?

Comments

• Options
    jona67jona67 Posts: 259 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Maybe you'll have to delete som data from your HDD?
  • Options
    simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited March 2012
    Deleting data won't help; the error is a memory error, not a hard drive space error.

fordtruckluver, if you have more than 2GB RAM you could try making your CAW executable Large Address Aware. Details in this thread:
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    fordtruckluverfordtruckluver Posts: 41 Member
    edited March 2012
    i have about 88GB free so i'll definitely try the large address aware and see what happens
  • Options
    MSusko13MSusko13 Posts: 743 New Member
    edited March 2012
    at first I was having issues with caw crashing upon opening. after downloading and reinstalling caw a few times i finally got it working.

Now, everytime I open caw and try to create a new large world It crashes with the message
    exception information:

attempted to read or write protected memory. this is often an indication that the other memory is corrupt.

but, I opened a medium sized world and have been creating on it for the past few days and it has been working fine. any way to fix it without reinstalling caw or my games a million times? or am i stuck building medium sized worlds from now on?

Hey! Are you running a 32 bit or 64 bit Operating System? How much RAM are you running. If you have less than 2 GB, this will happen, if you have more than 2 GB, you must make CAW Large Address Aware or LAA. Google "LAA for The SIms 3"

Hope this helps!

-MSusko13
  • Options
    BlowtorchBlowtorch Posts: 3 New Member
    edited May 2012

exception information:

Try deleting your last save. I'm working on a large world and I've had several corrupt memory issues. The first time it happened I saved the world again and tried to go from there but that didn't work. I had to delete my last three saves before it would work. Since then I've only had to delete my last save when I get a corrupt memory issue.