Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showtime Developer Chat!

2...Next

Comments

• blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited January 2012
    I don't even try to follow the chats, they don't give answers to anything worthwhile unless you are going to fanboy them. Sigh.

I do try to skim through the transcripts if I was interested, sad that I am not this go around. I really want to cry.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited January 2012

Anyone know this in GMT? Round about 5pm?
  • StakerStaker Posts: 417
    edited January 2012
    Cool! Let's see how many "tons" of new "cool" clothes/hair/objects well be getting this time :roll: And how many questions will be answered with "No, BUT..." followed by something totally "cool" and random and totally unrelated to the original question... :D
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited January 2012
    It will probably end up being just like the GEN interview when some of the more curious questions posed to them were brushed of with the standard "We wanted this EP to be about the sims themselves" response.

Why no new town?
    We wanted this EP to be about the sims themselves

In GEN, the content is more below the surface and not as noticeable etc...
    We wanted this EP to be about the sims themselves

Diving boards etc?
    No. no diving boards but let me distract you from that by mentioning this shiny treehouse you've heard about 2 dozen times already

That's kind of how all EA dev interviews go. They gloss over the important or too hard questions and then try to distract you with a shiny.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited January 2012
    Anavastia wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:
    Or Maybe EA is trying to make a point by showcasing more of the game content rather than social features (aka: representing that social features are insignificant and nothing to worry about and not the main part of the EP).

That is speculation though since many players are just ranting because the word "social features" is slabbed on the cover box... that's all. :lol::lol::lol:

AND maybe the know they have a lot of angry fans and marketing has told them mentioning the social features is taboo.

Did a correction, because that is probably why they aren't mentioning it because of the complaints and "some" judgement calls without knowing the full details of how it works or will be implemented.
  • Erich_RaederErich_Raeder Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited January 2012
    I wonder if the gurus will talk about new sliders for CAS?
  • turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited January 2012
    i just hope to see the new map and new creature
  • BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited January 2012
    7PM/20:00 GMT
  • CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I have a feeling they will down play Simport and the social features by attempting to show they are insignificant. I'd lay odds the comments will stay the same regarding Simport, you can opt in/opt out, thus attempting to downplay their role in the EP. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they attempted to "glam up" the trinkets you will get for using Simport.

I think this chat thingy could go either way depending upon how they handle the question regarding the social features and Simport.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited January 2012
    I have a feeling they will down play Simport and the social features by attempting to show they are insignificant. I'd lay odds the comments will stay the same regarding Simport, you can opt in/opt out, thus attempting to downplay their role in the EP. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they attempted to "glam up" the trinkets you will get for using Simport.

I think this chat thingy could go either way depending upon how they handle the question regarding the social features and Simport.

I am afraid you are right. We will see, but I don't have much hope in getting real information on Simport and exactly how it works without being hit with the glam of using it. Sigh. :roll:
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited January 2012
    I absolutely agree with blewis and coffee, they will downplay it and give us a hearts and flowers version of what is to come. Such as, "here is a new vegetable to plant, and oh look at this couch, a new pattern for you to enjoy" or, "here is my sim balancing on a ball". They will totally negate the social aspect, because it is quite controversial here on the boards.
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited January 2012
    Bafendo wrote:
    7PM/20:00 GMT

Thank you! ^_^ Bit late, I was thinking around 5pm thats when the last one was. :?