Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build your dream home contest!---Winners Posted!

Comments

• Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited February 2012
    Username: Callum9432
    link to download: Not Uploaded Yet
    Home name: Ox-Bow Manor
    Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/77155156@N08/?savedsettings=6912022005#photo6912022005
    (All of the photos in the photostream. There are 2 pages, screenshots 90 & 91 and then screenshots 97-131)
    My dream house has 3 Bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. There is a large foyer with a grand-staircase. I have tried to loosely recreate the Titanic staircase, as best as I can in Sims with a short amount of time :? I cannot do landscaping in game to save my life, so there are no pictures of the garden, I hope that is okay :). There is a gym with shower; an office; a den with a dartborad and a chess board; a living room with a desk and laptop; a kitchen with a table for six and an ilsand counter with seats for 4 (possibly 5);

I apologize for the bad description, I can't think of much to write :oops:

Note: I am not sure why, but the wooden kitchen counters seem to be highly reflective, so it is kind of hard to see some of them. I apologize for that.

Note 2: My game is CC free, so there is no CC in the house. Only store stuff and stuff from most EPs and SPs.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    chewablechainchewablechain Posts: 349 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Oh cool! I like your staircase, Callum! You just need to put a clock at the top- like they had in the movie! Great stuff! You'll get a rec from me when you upload! ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Oh cool! I like your staircase, Callum! You just need to put a clock at the top- like they had in the movie! Great stuff! You'll get a rec from me when you upload! ;)
    Thanks! I was planning on including a clock, but the most ornate thing I could find was the Starburst Clock from the Mid Century Fantasy set, so I just put that up. It isn't very easy to see though :?

ETA: By not very easy, I mean practically impossible :lol:
    You have to look really close on the last picture.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Thanks! I was planning on including a clock, but the most ornate thing I could find was the Starburst Clock from the Mid Century Fantasy set, so I just put that up. It isn't very easy to see though :?

Oh my goodness I see it now! It is a shame they don't have more ornate clocks to offer. I just looked and the only standing clock they have in the store is the one from the Haute Hip set. :) I'm sure others might be able to see it better though, swear my eye sight is going and I'm still in my twenties! :shock:
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,783 Member
    edited February 2012
    Hi friends it looks like the exchange has gone strange again, I uploaded a few items and there were no pictures and a lot were missing in the lots exchange when I checked!
  • Options
    cutecandyandiecutecandyandie Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited February 2012
    Hi friends it looks like the exchange has gone strange again, I uploaded a few items and there were no pictures and a lot were missing in the lots exchange when I checked!

Okay good its not just me having this problem. I uploaded my house couple of times and there no pictures.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Callum9432 wrote:

Oh my goodness I see it now! It is a shame they don't have more ornate clocks to offer. I just looked and the only standing clock they have in the store is the one from the Haute Hip set. :) I'm sure others might be able to see it better though, swear my eye sight is going and I'm still in my twenties! :shock:
    Personally, I'd like to see a Grandfather clock come into the store or an EP/SP.
  • Options
    elle0808elle0808 Posts: 2,419 Member
    edited February 2012
    I was having the same issue with the exchange too! :roll: glad it wasn't just me. It seems to be back to normal now as I just got my house to upload with a pic! happy days :D
  • Options
    elle0808elle0808 Posts: 2,419 Member
    edited February 2012
    Entry form:

No 3rd party CC has been used in creating this home

Username: elle0808
    link to download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5206186
    Home name: Leavesden Cottage
    Pictures: Full slideshow - http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l184/danielle_uk_1986/The%20Sims%203/Dream%20Home%20Contest/?action=view&current=03dbd062.pbw

Front
    Front1.jpg
    Towers
    Side.jpg
    Outdoor Living
    Back4.jpg
    Living Room
    HouseLiving2.jpg
    Breakfast Nook
    HouseKitchenBreakfast.jpg
    Master Bedroom
    HouseMaster.jpg

My dream house has...4 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms in the main home, a guest suite including bathroom in the finished basement furnished in the theme of a nice hotel room, plus 2 further bedrooms, a bathroom, kitchen and living space in the annex above my horse barn for those occasions where friends or family need a place to stay for extended periods of time (everyone enjoys having their own space). The property must be large so that I have room for both back yard activities and keeping a couple of horses and dogs. The driveway will be long and winding/curved leading to a double garage. At the front of the property will be a large pond featuring Pegasus and mermaid statues with fountains flowing from each. The yard will include a pool with slide, BBQ area with small outdoor kitchen, outdoor living space with fireplace, vegetable garden and a hot tub. The outer areas of the property will be fenced off as horse paddocks. The interior of both the house and the annex will be decorated and furnished in an 'old meets new' style, with some modern pieces alongside rustic or reclaimed furniture to give an eclectic yet quaint cottage feel. These items could include end tables made from retro suitcases, old wooden chests for coffee tables and old leather-bound books piled high enough for a side lamp to sit on. The rooms that my home will require, other than the bedrooms and bathrooms, are a mud room at the garage entrance, living room with computer nook, large eat-in kitchen with antique white cabinets and furnishings and with both a breakfast bar and breakfast nook, formal dining, a teen hangout with futon for my future kids (I always wanted one when I was a kid/teen!) and a finished loft space for arts and crafts. The finished basement will include a family/games room, bar/entertaining area, guest suite, small gym and wine cellar. At the top of the tallest tower will be a small observation area where you can see 360 degree views of the beautiful English countryside. The master bedroom will be rustic with modern fabrics and feature solid pine, hand-made furniture throughout. The master bathroom will be a modern and luxurious design. An important feature of the home will be that no 2 bedroom's walls will touch. They will each be separated by either a bathroom or closet and the teen hangout will be entirely separate, located at the top of the shoter tower. Finally, the home will be built with both T.u.d.o.r and Victorian architectural styles in mind, and will be a little quirky with 2 separate spiral staircases leading to different parts of the home. This home, although large in square footage, will feel cozy and 'lived in', with no wasted spaces. An ideal home for a pet-loving family such as mine :mrgreen:

sorry that was long...I have a very specific vision in mind lol :oops:

EDIT - Had to change the word t.u.d.o.r in my description cos apparently the forum thinks its a swear word :?
  • Options
    markydeemarkydee Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited February 2012
    YAY for my very first uploaded house! :)

Username: markydee
    link to download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5207298
    Home name: Vienna Way Residence (3br., 4.5 ba.)
    Pictures:

VWm3-1.png

VWm2-1.png

mas3-1.png

kitchen2-1.png

living2-1.png

Back1-1.png

More Pictures: http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o546/markydee20/Vienna Way Residence/?albumview=slideshow

(No CC has been used in this build.)

(This build is inspired by an actual house of the same name, which really captured my eyes when I saw it as I was searching inspiration for my first build. But, I edited it to my liking, of course. :D)

Description:

My dream house is a modern family home situated atop mountains where fresh air and warm sunlight envelop its surroundings. It is a two-storey home, perfect for a family with two kids, a boy and a girl--the family that I aspire for in the future. The exteriors are purely modern but is surrounded by lush trees and rich landscapes. The interiors are a fusion of natural woods and modern furnishings. The house is has technically two parts, bridged by a sleek sunken kitchen and a sitting area. On the left part of the house is the office, a living room perfect for entertaining guests and a dining area. Beyond it is an outdoor dining area with its own grill and kitchen amenities. On the right side is a two-storey facade: situated on the first floor is the family area, home gym and sauna, and laundry; atop this on the second floor is the main bedrooms--a master suite with a big bathroom and walk-in closet; and two bedrooms for children each with its own bathroom. There is a balcony as well, featuring upper level plants and a relaxation area. At the centre of the house is a pool, as well as a hot tub area, perfect for relaxation and comfort. It has a backyard for the kids' enjoyment.

Edit: If you will download the house and the lighting doesn't look the same as those in the pictures (at night), I suggest changing most, if not all, of the colors of the lights to "Flame". :)
  • Options
    marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited February 2012
    :) Hi Cat0Eye :)

I just wanted to let you know I have to pull out of the contest. I just have to much left to do of the house and I am mending from a bout with the flu. :( Sorry :(

:P Good Luck everybody all of your houses are so beautiful, Cat0Eye
    has a big job in front of her trying to pick from all of your houses. Hope it does not stress you out too much Cat0Eye :P
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited February 2012
    Good luck in this comp everyone. There are some amazing entries. Thanks for hosting Cat0Eye.
  • Options
    Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited February 2012
    *dies a million times*

OMG

Just toss me in the loser pile LOL those last two entries was insanely good!!! Jeezus!
  • Options
    Cat0EyeCat0Eye Posts: 4,629 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Do to some exchange issues that I read about above I am going to give you guys until 9 am tomorrow. If there is something I need to know about please let me know.

I will not be accepting NEW contestants, only people who have already mentioned entering have the extension to keep things fair.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Do you mind if I edit my entry Cat?

Feel free! Everyone who has already voiced an interest in entering has until tomorrow at 9 am (so roughly 23 hours) To post or edit their entries.

I wont be on much today but if anyone has questions please ask I will try to stop in a few times. I will update the main page with entries tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Yea I feel the same way as Rawr2019 ah well I still wish

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE xxx
    So that makes three of us. ;)<3

Hope the exchange keeps on running smooth & Good Luck to all!
  • Options
    MBernishMBernish Posts: 2,122 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Rawr2019 wrote:
    *dies a million times*

OMG

Just toss me in the loser pile LOL those last two entries was insanely good!!! Jeezus!

Same here >_>
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Rawr2019 wrote:
    *dies a million times*

OMG

I think I should be tossed in there first!
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited February 2012
    I've finally uploaded mine, so I've added the link to my post a few pages back.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    These are all wonderful homes! Dont forget about the treasure hunt, it a second chance to win :mrgreen: Link is at the bottom of the first post.

45 Mins
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    This is now Officially Closed!

Please understand it will more then likely take at least a week for the judging to complete. I will post and notify the winners so you can choose how you would like your points used. Good Luck everyone! And thank you all for making this a successful contest!

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Wow! :shock: I just totally up the entries and 31 people entered! I hope I can do this...but these houses are all soo wonderful! Thank you everyone!
  • Options
    Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited February 2012
    *paces the thread nervously* :lol:
  • Options
    kquinn1990kquinn1990 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for the congrats on the feature. :)

Good luck everyone, can't wait for the results.