Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build your dream home contest!---Winners Posted!

Cat0EyeCat0Eye Posts: 4,629 New Member
Closed for Judging

Deadline Extended to Feb 22 at 9 am Central time
This is only for those who entered before my last post, to keep it fair no new contestants will be taken. The deadline extension is due to the exchange acting up. :?

In the spirit of the new year and resolutions I thought a contest was in order. Please read all the below info and have fun. :mrgreen:

The contest: Finish this thought, "The house of my dreams has.....". Now build that home. It can be a copy of the cute Victorian you live in now or a home that you want on Mars. You are only limited by you imagination and the rules listed below.

Rules:
1) must be a new build. (The use of shells are allowed please see Q&A post)
2) must use below entry form
3) anything goes from build cheats to cc to the store (who am I to limit your dreams? But bonus points will be given to those who don't use 3rd party cc as seen below)
4) no photo editing, you need to build your dream not cut and paste (For more info see Q&A post)
5) no insulting others
6) you may only enter once
7) prizes can be divided or given away to the person of the winners choosing including themselves of course
8) you do not have to upload your creation but it would be nice, however judging will be off pictures
9) you can use as many pictures as you need but there must be atleast one and if you have more than 6 please use a slide show link to keep posts clean (More info see Q&A)
10) any size lot and house are allowed

Deadline: February 20th (please see here for a more detailed deadline time)

Entry form:

Username:
link to download: (optional)
Home name:
Pictures:
My dream house has...(please use this space to discribe your home, is it on Mars or in a cute English town? What is special about this home? And anything else you want to add)

Prizes:
1st- 1000 points
2nd- 500 points
3rd- 250 points

Judges:
me!
bandcampsquirrel

others welcome I would like one more

Judging criteria:

0-5 Over-all appearance alone
0-5 Description of Dream Home alone
0-5 Success in building home described
0-5 Creativity
2+ for no 3rd party CC

(Criteria subject to change but will be set in stone by Feb 15)

Sponsors welcomed.

Please let me know if you update a post with your entry...I dont want to miss anything. :mrgreen:

:shock:Want another chance to win? :shock:
Check out Anettesb's Treasure Hunt! Enter you house here if it meets the criteria she has listed. Good Luck! :mrgreen:

Comments

• Cat0EyeCat0Eye Posts: 4,629 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Updates:
    None at this time :mrgreen:

Q and A:

Q-It can be any architectural style?
    A-Yep...it can be anything you can do! If your dream home was sleeping in a garden and no walls or roof that is fine too...your dream 100% but the entire lot will be looked at so if your dream home is an apartment or loft make sure its in your dream building with your dream surroundings on that lot.

Q-I REALLY want to do an edited title image. If I put at the corner: ""EDITED. PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE FROM THIS PICTURE."" Is that OK??
    A-Hmm, if you really want the title image to be edited I can accept that but please mark it as you stated above and keep in mind that it and what it shows will not be used in your scoring which means you might want to use a different picture to show that area again.

Q-How can I show the pictures?
    A-Any way that works for you. If you want to upload to a site like photobucket that is great or you can make a story on this site. Just make sure you link to your photos if you are not posting them in your entry.

Q-Can shells be used and it still be a new build?
    A-As long as it is a new shell and you do all the landscaping and decorating it can be allowed. If you are using a shell created by someone else please let them know you are using it for this contest and please give them credit for their work.

Q-Can you team up with some one?
    A-Yeah sure just make sure to put both your names on the entry form. If you both have the same dream home I wont stop you from working together.

Q-What is not 3rd party CC?
    A-Store stuff, Patterns, recolors, Dr. Pepper items, T-Moible, and All EPs/SP are okay. Anything not listed above is 3rd party CC. You are free to use any 3rd party CC you want and it will not take points away. However, if you are able to build your home with out 3rd party CC you will get 2 extra points added to your score.

Q-Can I include sims in the pictures?
    A-Sure, a dream house doesnt need to be empty! But keep in mind that you are judged on the house not the sims in it so please do not focus your images on the Sim. But feel free to use a sim to highlight your home. Also if you choose to upload your lot you are more then welcome to include the Sims with that home and thanks for sharing your dream with the community.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited February 2012
    Official Entries:
    1-mrsmilesalot entry
    2-Stepichu entry;pics
    3-Julia526entry
    4-Rawr2019 entry
    5-stevesuzz entry
    6-Nika127 entry
    7-MissKate8 entry
    8-susielou22entry
    9-mattgstlentry
    10-SoupahReoentry
    11-snowdove58entry
    12-BrandiBugentry
    13-fleshjennentry
    14-cianeentry
    15-LilgirlShadowentry
    16-Legendaryeagle25entry
    17-Rockleyfamilyentry
    18-kquinn1990entry
    19-walkingstickentry
    20-chewablechainentry
    21-MBernishentry
    22-luckyheatherentry;pics
    23-bananaholicentry
    24-Erionentry
    25-dramaqueenlpentry
    26-HGriffinlovessimsentry
    27-Australorpentry
    28-cutecandyandieentry
    29-Callum9432entry
    30-elle0808entry
    31-markydeeentry

Please let me know if I missed you!
    edited March 2012
    Winners:

In first place, winner of 1000 points is.....Elle0808!!!

In a close 2nd, for 500 points is...Markydee!!

And in a very close 3rd, for 250 points is...Rawr2019!

Congrats winners! Please let me know how you would your prize "money" used. :mrgreen:

I think I can safely say for both Bandcampsquirrel and myself that this was a very hard contest to judge and you all did a wonderful job! Thank you so much for being a part of this contest and turning in sure wonderful work!

And thank you Bandcampsquirrel for helping me judge!
  • mrsmilesalotmrsmilesalot Posts: 3,108 Member
    edited January 2012
    I would like to join please!
    edited January 2012
    Yay first person!
  • Julia526Julia526 Posts: 4,194 Member
    edited January 2012
    I will defiantly join this
  • susielou22susielou22 Posts: 336
    edited January 2012
    Ooooh!!! This looks Cool!!!! I'm so glad theres heaps of time on this it may take me a while to build and decorate my dream house!!! Definately doing this!!!!!!
    edited January 2012
    Glad to hear it Julia and Susie!

I wanted to make sure people had alot of time for it, I know building can take people awhile (it takes me forever!) and I want people to be able to really do what they want, not what they had time for.
    edited January 2012
    It can be any architectural style?
    edited January 2012
    It can be any architectural style?

Yep...it can be anything you can do! If your dream home was sleeping in a garden and no walls or roof that is fine too...your dream 100% but the entire lot will be looked at so if your dream home is an apartment or loft make sure its in your dream building with your dream surroundings on that lot.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2012
    Oh depending on my state of mind I Think I do this....
    I have 1 special idea.... but that would require me to build using the apartment thing from LN in a special way...is that ok?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited January 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    I have 1 special idea.... but that would require me to build using the apartment thing from LN in a special way...is that ok?

Yep thats fine, hope you are able to enter. I will put your name down for now :wink:
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2012
    Cat0Eye wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

Yep thats fine, hope you are able to enter. I will put your name down for now :wink:

ok
    but
    please don't put my name down.... that just stress me.... :? :cry:
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited January 2012
    Ok, I will make a house that will revive some controversy in the architectural world. It's more... out of the box...
  • thesimlingthesimling Posts: 4,486 New Member
    edited January 2012
    First of all... AMAZING contest, love the wide scope of opportunities it gives us!! Can't wait to see everyone's dream homes either :)

Secondly... can we use Store Content? I'm guessing we can since we don't need to put up a download link... but just confirming? :) EDIT - Sorry, just seen what you said :roll:

Last of all... I REALLY want to do an edited title image. If I put at the corner: ""EDITED. PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE FROM THIS PICTURE."" Is that OK?? :mrgreen:

Thanks so much for such an amazing contest!

EDIT: Oops... forgot. Please may I enter?! :lol:
  • RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    edited January 2012
    I'd love to enter. Put me on the list. Have a house in mind its been in my head for ages so ill give it a go.

Bookmarked.
  • Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited January 2012
    *dies* Wellllllllll

I must enter now since the deadline is my birthday ^______________^ Sign me up doll!!
    edited January 2012
    I finished my very odd choice. Also can I upload the pictures to my studio and you look at those, cause once I tried to upload a picture to the forums and my computer crashed. So is this OK?
    edited January 2012
    I finished my very odd choice. Also can I upload the pictures to my studio and you look at those, cause once I tried to upload a picture to the forums and my computer crashed. So is this OK?

hun we can't see the pictures in your studio, unless you create a story with them ^________^
    edited January 2012
    how about if upload the website in which the pictures will load. Which is here... http://www.thesims3.com/myMedia.html?action=default&persona=mrsmilesalot
    edited January 2012
    how about if upload the website in which the pictures will load. Which is here... http://www.thesims3.com/myMedia.html?action=default&persona=mrsmilesalot

When you do that is just takes me to your studio and I see your creations. The pictures you upload to your studio are private and can't be accessed by link. You have to make a story with them or use the links from the pictures to put on another site. I suggest photobucket. It's free, easy to you and doesn't take much time.
    edited January 2012
    for to make a story, how do we make a folder for our pictures in the sims?
    edited January 2012
    for to make a story, how do we make a folder for our pictures in the sims?

Not sure what you are asking hun. But if you go to create a story on the site you'll be able to put your pictures in a story here.
    edited January 2012
    Username: mrsmilesalot
    link to download: http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=mrsmilesalot ( Click on the one that says My dream home.)
    Home name: The doomsday lot
    Pictures: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=374201
    My dream house has...3 bed 4 bath. And everything I need to live.
    edited January 2012
    banana's