Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Showtime - New EP

Has anyone else seen this or heard other information about it?

Another source posted just a bit ago: According to Simprograms, it's been confirmed on Origin EU so I'm tempted to believe it's a real thing.

Edited to put both links in the same post.

Comments

• becciburtbecciburt Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited December 2011
    I've seen it,

I don't think its real though and if it was pretty sure I wouldn't buy it
  • klb685klb685 Posts: 3,388 Member
    edited December 2011
    According to Simprograms, it's been confirmed on Origin EU so I'm tempted to believe it's a real thing.

Edit: They posted this info 10-ish minutes ago so it's not an old link.
  • Mistress_hydroMistress_hydro Posts: 503 New Member
    edited December 2011
    if it is real, im more happy with the new jobs than i am with the social features. i might never use them.
  • MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited December 2011
    No, no, no, no, no!

Do not want social networking stuff in my game. That's why I don't do Sims Social, I don't want to upload stauses etc - I have Facebook for that, and only use it in limited ways to keep up with friends and family back in England.

If this is true, there'd better be ways to turn off any social networking functions. :(
  • tuketeletuketele Posts: 1,762 New Member
    edited December 2011
    grrr, I definitely don't want social networking in my game!
    edited December 2011
    I don't feel the need to 'chat' while playing either, really so that part is a turn off. But, new careers are always exciting for me. Hopefully, like MissE wants, there's a way to shut the networking part off in the options.
  • BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited December 2011
    They are going to have to really sell this in order to get people to buy it. It might be cool if you have legacy games and want your friends' sims to date each other (I mean, there's only so many men in any world), but for people like me who don't mind playing alone, the limelight is not for me.

What would be cool is being able to retain your family tree if you move to another world, rather than another person's game. :?
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Mimine17Mimine17 Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited December 2011
    Pfff WHY are they trying to turn the sims into a social thing?? I hate that, I already have sims of my friends in my game, one of the Elver's from anette is dating another sim for instance...

I don't want any of those ! I might not buy it just because they are trying to include this crappy stuff.
  • typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    edited December 2011
    The idea of the ep is great, but why add social networking into it? :/ That has ruined it for me and I hope they decide to scrap it :S
    edited December 2011
    I'd be ok with it if:

*We had the option to turn it off.
    *It worked link a LAN connection. Where you're only connected to the people you -want- to be connected to and only when you want to be connected. At times, I've thought it would be cool to be able to play with my sister in the same world and then go back to our own 'sim lives'.

If it goes the way of Sims Social on Facebook, I'm less than disinterested in it.
  • Sarah3120Sarah3120 Posts: 4,318 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I like the new EP! Seems like we get a little magic with it! :mrgreen:

But social networking??? No, thanks. I hope they won't do that or at least make an option to deactivate it. :thumbdown:
  • Mimine17Mimine17 Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited December 2011
    They tried with memories, and when I try to upload one, it crashes my game.

I hope they are just testing our reactions !!

We don't want that, we want you to developp SIMS stuff!!! we have been whining for weather, diving board and so ever for ages, and you're going to give us bad facebook???
    edited December 2011
    What is Simport? :oops: Is it the new town pr their own social networking site :lol:
    edited December 2011
    What is Simport? :oops: Is it the new town pr their own social networking site :lol:

I'm guessing it's referring to this: "The Sims 3 Showtime introduces social features, including Passport, an all-new feature that lets you send your Sims to a friend’s game!"
    edited December 2011
    klb685 wrote:

I'm guessing it's referring to this: "The Sims 3 Showtime introduces social features, including Passport, an all-new feature that lets you send your Sims to a friend’s game!"

Ohhh. I just skimmed through it :-)
  • DocusatDocusat Posts: 2,305 Member
    edited December 2011
    Social networking in sims! No thanks! I really don't like the idea of this at all
  • crystal91390crystal91390 Posts: 2,882 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Am I the only one who thinks the 'send your sims to your friends' game' part is a bit redundant because we already have an exchange? :?
  • Sarah3120Sarah3120 Posts: 4,318 New Member
    edited December 2011
    :shock: Sounds like airport, but it's definitely something else. :lol:
  • Cait17Cait17 Posts: 1,150 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Ew. We already have celebrities. This sounds like an awful EP.
    edited December 2011
    Sarah3120 wrote:
    :shock: Sounds like airport, but it's definitely something else. :lol:

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
    edited December 2011
    Am I the only one who thinks the 'send your sims to your friends' game' part is a bit redundant because we already have an exchange? :?

Maybe it's like vacations in WA? Or Trips for the adults in Generations? You send them to your friend's world and then they return with new memories/experiences OR you actually get to play in your friend's world and wreck havoc?
  • pnolespnoles Posts: 6,989 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Nope, Nope not gonna do it :!:
  • cherryberrybloocherryberrybloo Posts: 4,293 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I saw the article IGN did on suggesting turning Sims 4 into an MMO type game, and I wanted to scream. I've done my time in WoW, 4 years of my life gone down the drain! 've been MMO-free for over 2 years now! I do NOT want that back... And these social networking features? Blah! I hate spammy things. I don't play Sims Social, and if I wanted to interact with people while I played a game, I wouldn't choose a single player game!

*sigh*

EA, you keep making it harder and harder for me to ignore how much I am annoyed by you.
  • originalsimoriginalsim Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited December 2011
    Really???

I come here to socialize with other Simmers...

I play my game to avoid and hide from real people. As long as we can turn it off I won't complain if it is indeed one of the features.

Over all it does sound a bit redundant given what was introduced with Late Night, but I will wait and see what happens before I make up my mind. :?
  • lesley418lesley418 Posts: 4,077 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I'm not really cool with the social part of it...
    =(
    I just want weather. Hahah