Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hewnsman Set - Opinions wanted (not strictly for this forum, but hey!)

Sorry for asking on this forum, but it's where I feel most comnfortable asking. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I keep umming and ahhing about splashing out on the Hewnsman set, while it's on sale. But I've read something about the door and arch being broken, and I'm sure ages ago AznSensei or other mentioned that there are duplicate items.

Since I so rarely spend on me, and would be happy to hold onto the points for future gifting/purchases, can anyone tell me if the sale is still a good offer despite the faults with it? Or am I better off saving my points? I'm leaning towards saving my points, but if anyone uses the set in game a lot and likes it then I coulöd be tempted to splurge.

Comments

• Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited November 2011
    It's OK.

It depends how much it'll be discounted and if you like the other parts of the set. If you're going to get the full set with higher than 50% discount, then it's a great deal even with the broken door (all of them are broken). I must admit that I really enjoy it and its current price (1'100 SimPoints) is acceptable. 11 items aren't working properly (can't be recolored, include gaps). 36 items are working fine. If we decide not to count the broken stuff as a part of the set, then it costs only 30,(5) SimPoints per item which is a quite great deal (at least to me).

[img]http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/33/screenshot20vj.jpg "width=600"[/img]

Hope I helped.
  • Options
    tigertotstigertots Posts: 1,865 Member
    edited November 2011
    Sorry to ask this and if it is a dumb question but how are the door broken? Do they not open, or? :?:
  • Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited November 2011
    tigertots, door contain some gaps between itself and the wall. Hope I answered to your question.

What is more, fences and stairs can't be recolored. It's a negative aspect of this set which I used to call as a glitch too.
  • Options
    tigertotstigertots Posts: 1,865 Member
    edited November 2011
    tigertots, door contain some gaps between itself and the wall. Hope I answered to your question.

What is more, fences and stairs can't be recolored. It's a negative aspect of this set which I used to call as a glitch too.

I understand what you are saying, thanks for the information :D
  • Options
    goddess0676smgoddess0676sm Posts: 3,330 Member
    edited November 2011
    Thank you for the info. Taking it off my wishlist. Gaps would drive me crazy. Must be that perfectionist aspect of my personality coming through. :)
  • Options
    kransperkransper Posts: 5,482 Member
    edited November 2011
    Sorry for asking on this forum, but it's where I feel most comnfortable asking. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I keep umming and ahhing about splashing out on the Hewnsman set, while it's on sale. But I've read something about the door and arch being broken, and I'm sure ages ago AznSensei or other mentioned that there are duplicate items.

Since I so rarely spend on me, and would be happy to hold onto the points for future gifting/purchases, can anyone tell me if the sale is still a good offer despite the faults with it? Or am I better off saving my points? I'm leaning towards saving my points, but if anyone uses the set in game a lot and likes it then I coulöd be tempted to splurge.

if you don't get the set, the lamps are pretty nice as individual items
  • Options
    MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited November 2011
    kransper wrote:

if you don't get the set, the lamps are pretty nice as individual items

I think that's what I might do, start breaking down these sets and adding items individually, that way I'll be able to build up the parts I want over time - after all I've got a lot of new stuff to play with this week already - and it's a new month tomorrow, which means more content!! :mrgreen:

Thanks guys!! :D
  • Options
    cherryberrybloocherryberrybloo Posts: 4,293 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I'm actually very upset over the hewnsman set. I can get over the slight gapping for the doors, but the set is supposed to have 2 fences which never downloaded with my set, and sometime last year someone showed me the indivudual ages so I could get them, and when I had to do a reinstall I lost the again. I love that set, but the stairs without the matching rail and the wonderful gates without the matching fence are awkward. (I could also get over the no recolor thing, since the wood tone used isn't terrible...)

PS- If anyone knows where the links are for those fences... I'dappreciate the info!
  • Options
    BakingNerdBakingNerd Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited November 2011
    Which fences is it Bloo, I can see 2 in the set, but I can find them here: http://store.thesims3.com/productList.html?scategoryId=11578 if that's what you meant?
  • Options
    cherryberrybloocherryberrybloo Posts: 4,293 New Member
    edited November 2011
    OMG, they put them back in the store! I hadn't bothered looking for them for awhile, last year there was a whole big thing where the hewnsman outdoor set was showing 0 items, and the fences were hidden and... Well, thanks for that. LOL

ETA: AND they're showing up in game, hooray! So, yeah, I am no longer upset, haha!
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited November 2011
    I didn't think I wanted this set, until I really got into building.

I ended up getting the full set while it's on sale. Sure, there's some awkwardness, but I've still found uses for many of the items. Enough to be worth the sale price.
  • Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited November 2011
    TRajah wrote:
    I didn't think I wanted this set, until I really got into building.

I ended up getting the full set while it's on sale. Sure, there's some awkwardness, but I've still found uses for many of the items. Enough to be worth the sale price.

^^ this
    Imperfections and all I really enjoy the set. I like the wood color, found the fences and railings no problem, and gound that a few other doors work as well and those doors can be recolored to match whatever.