Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Seasons: Holiday Celebrations

Please add with Seasons Christmas and New Years Eve celebrations!

Like in the sims 2 Santa would come on Christmas Eve and New Years there were celebrations. For example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKEiopThGMw

"The Sims 2 Christmas Party Pack contains over 40 new Christmas-themed items that allow your Sims to celebrate their Christmas in style. With this bonus content, your Sims can decorate their house, serve a festive Christmas dinner, engineer a visit from Santa himself, even host a rollicking New Year`s party!"

I would love it sooo much! It would just make the game that more real and exciting!

Comments

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited November 2011
    Something like this has been suggested so many times it's ridiculous anymore. Does help if you surf the forum a bit before posting these threads.

Anyway, a more generic name for Christmas would work better. And drop New Year; it's not exactly like we can measure sim lifespans that well.
  • Options
    nicoleeisley22nicoleeisley22 Posts: 79
    edited November 2011
    Karenn wrote:

Like in the sims 2 Santa would come on Christmas Eve and New Years there were celebrations. For example

"The Sims 2 Christmas Party Pack contains over 40 new Christmas-themed items that allow your Sims to celebrate their Christmas in style. With this bonus content, your Sims can decorate their house, serve a festive Christmas dinner, engineer a visit from Santa himself, even host a rollicking New Year`s party!"

I would love it sooo much! It would just make the game that more real and exciting!

great ideas! It would be awesome if EA would do this. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited November 2011
    Karenn wrote:

great ideas! It would be awesome if EA would do this. :mrgreen:

Thank you! I hope they add in. Im just putting it out there :)
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited November 2011
    I think that they should also add christmas descorations,so that we can decorate our houses inside and outside of the house,like around the fences,on trees and bushes,which is something that I wanted more in sims 2.
  • Options
    opalisisopalisis Posts: 88 Member
    edited November 2011
    I so much would like to see Seasons AND the holiday pack for sims 3...I mean there is only so much that can be done with what there is in game. I do apreciate the custom content oh so much it would be fantastic if we could have it snowing on christmas eve, not just snow "paints" on the ground, but really snowing and it would cover trees and bushes and all the outside... animals could even have winter coats and shake off the snow of our pets when we let them in from outdoors. those are the two expacs that I kept trying to utilize in sims 2 but could never get into it, but the technology has come so far since sims2 what wonderous things they ould do/add into sims 3...I'm dreaming of a Christmas, sims style!

and New years eve...well sims may not have a concept of time but we do and new yrs eve would be great to have parties (and laugh at the drunk sims and see everyone spreading joy and laughter that at midnight, or just before( base on our own computer clocks) they could do a countdown then the toasts and of course the couples would get new years kisses... I know folks dont like adding too much reality into the game, but for some things, for FUN things I think it would be great!
  • Options
    reecehammondreecehammond Posts: 683
    edited November 2011
    ea so should make this it would sell sooooooo good :D
  • Options
    creativegal16creativegal16 Posts: 503 New Member
    edited November 2011
    holidays and seasons combined together will be good..... :)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    ea so should make this it would sell sooooooo good :D

it would indeed! i'd buy it :D I'd even pay more just to get it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BobboBobbo Posts: 1,471 Member
    edited November 2011
    Something like this has been suggested so many times it's ridiculous anymore. Does help if you surf the forum a bit before posting these threads.

This does get suggested once a week. It is sort of amusing though because the OPs always seem to think that no one else has thought to suggest it yet.

It is a shame this one was not some super long and detailed EP idea though. It is fun to watch people repeat that massive effort.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Anyway, a more generic name for Christmas would work better. And drop New Year; it's not exactly like we can measure sim lifespans that well.

No I dont think they should drop New Year. It was added into the sims 2 holiday stuff pack and I think it should return to be even better.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited November 2011
    Karenn wrote:
    No I dont think they should drop New Year. It was added into the sims 2 holiday stuff pack and I think it should return to be even better.

That was a stuff pack. Not really adding a holiday.

As for new year's: Sim toddlers can age from just hitting the stage to children in three days. Given human growth rate, that means that every sim day for that toddler is one full year. Which means that every day would be New Year's.

If you want it a based on adults, it would still come around every three or four days.

Beginning to see the problem?
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited November 2011
    Karenn wrote:

Yes! And if you didn't make Santa christmas cookies he left you some coal :lol:
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited November 2011
    holidays and seasons combined together will be good..... :)

agree !!
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited November 2011
    I think if any holidays are added they will be through the store like the free stuff they have now. Our society has become a lot more "politically correct" and sue happy since the Sims 2 was out. EA won't take the chance otherwise they would have done it already.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    LauriApp wrote:
    I think if any holidays are added they will be through the store like the free stuff they have now. Our society has become a lot more "politically correct" and sue happy since the Sims 2 was out. EA won't take the chance otherwise they would have done it already.

1) Who is going to sue and what are they suing for?

2) How is having items in the store any different than having them in a stuff or expansion pack?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited November 2011
    the SEARCH button is USELESS.. so don't be so rude
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Sorry but those topics are old no one would find them unless they searched for the word "Holiday". I wouldn't go searching for something first I would make my own topic. That is what these forums are for "Ideas & Feedback. If you dont like it that's too BAD. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Karenn wrote:
    Sorry but those topics are old no one would find them unless they searched for the word "Holiday". I wouldn't go searching for something first I would make my own topic. That is what these forums are for "Ideas & Feedback. If you dont like it that's too BAD. :)

Do what you want but it is generally considered rude on a message board not to at least look at the first and second page of the forum to see if a duplicate thread on the subject exists.

It is what it is around here so there is no point in griping about it but it about like typing in all caps or not using paragraphs and some punctuation.
  • Options
    ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
    edited November 2011
    Your post # gives me an idea of how active you are at the forums, more than me. Every single day there is at least 5 billion threads identical to these. You have no excuse for adding on to this.
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited November 2011
    Your post # gives me an idea of how active you are at the forums, more than me. Every single day there is at least 5 billion threads identical to these. You have no excuse for adding on to this.

and you have no excuse to be so rude i get on here almost everyday and dont remember seeing the OP so maybe she doesnt get on alot and when you have an idea you post it.

i think duplicate threads are good b.c then EA relizes the idea is something that lots of people want
  • Options
    ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
    edited November 2011
    I don't make my points? See this:

Just from a quick look in the Ideas & Feedback Section, just judging titles-
    twice on page 2:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/15/207.page
    once on page 3:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/30/207.page

And not to mention the many other threads titled differently but with the same demands.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    i think duplicate threads are good b.c then EA relizes the idea is something that lots of people want

I think that if a unique and good idea gets posted in the 15th holiday thread in 10 days it is likely to get lost. I doubt EA has missed the point that people want seasons and holidays.

It is probably all a waste of time anyway though. EA has probably already decided what will be in the final EPs and they are already in production. It is more likely that any reading EA does of this forum is for TS4.

ETA: The other thing that happens is occasionally someone gets sick of all of the duplicates and hijacks the thread. :lol:
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited November 2011
    Well, it *is* at least, refreshing NOT to see one of these holiday threads degenerating into an argument about religion, as some of these have been prone to do.

As far as holidays are concerned, we have some holiday *objects* already available in the Store for *free*. I'm not against the idea of having a stuff pack full of holiday objects for those who want to do holidays in their game; but as far as EA programming holidays into the gameplay itself, no...just no.

Y'all talk about the holiday stuff pack that was available for TS2, but y'all forget that EA just gave you the *objects*; they didn't program the holiday into the game itself; they left it to the player to determine when they would celebrate Christmas and New Years. And I think that's the way it should be. Put out a stuff pack full of various holiday objects for the players, but leave it strictly up to the player to decide when to have their holiday.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited November 2011
    ***** wrote:
    LauriApp wrote:

1) Who is going to sue and what are they suing for?

2) How is having items in the store any different than having them in a stuff or expansion pack?

The suing thing came from a story I remember that was on the news a couple years ago of a city here in the US getting sued for having a sign that said Merry Christmas because someone who didn't believe in Chrismas was offended. They had to change it to say happy holidays. Don't remember where though. As for who, I have seen many threads of people wanting to sue EA for this or that. As for it being a store item vs a stuff pack, the store item you have to look for...where as the sp/ep is out their and advertised.