Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't deliver a picture in Egypt - Adventure problem!!

I'm in the middle of the queen Hatsheput tomb thread of adventures, and I have a big problem.
I'm supposed to take a picture of a certain sim who lives in Egypt, and deliver it to him.

I take the picture, and the opportunity bar by the sims' head says that I can now deliver it to Ali Taymur, but when I click on Ali Taymur, the "Deliver Photo" option is unclickable. It says that I do not have all the required items in my inventory (even though the opp' bar says otherwise.)
I've tried different angles, different day, befriending him, with the cellphone, nothing works.
The camera works just fine, when I'm pointing it to him, it says "A friend" or something like that, and I can see the picture if I click "View photos", and I even tried putting that specific photo in my sims' inventory outside the camera, and even having two different photos - one in the camera and one outside it. I've tried dragging it to him, nothing is working.

Am I missing something here? The description of this mission doesn't state that I have to do anything else, just take the photo and deliver it.
Please help, if you can. :(

Comments

• ClearaMorphClearaMorph Posts: 263 New Member
    edited November 2011
    You I think have to open up your camra and take the photo out of the camra.
  • Gaya262Gaya262 Posts: 21
    edited November 2011
    I've tried that.
    The second I take it out, the opp' bar says I still need to take the photo. When I try to deliver it after I take it out, it still won't let me, and I even tried having one photo outside the camera, and one inside it. still, nothing.
    I don't know if the problem is with where the picture is, since when I take his picture the opp' bar says that I have it, and it could be delivered, but the delivering is the problem, since no matter what I do, he cannot receive this photo.. :/
  • scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited November 2011
    It has been awhile since i have done this adventure but I believe that when you take a photo to give to someone else you don't take the photo out of the camera. Take the photo the go to the town view and there should be a maker indicating where you need to deliver the photo that you can click on. You will automatically go there. Sometimes if it is late you have to click on the house and then you can click deliver photo. Also if you see the person you should be able to click on them and you will get the option to deliver the photo. I really don't think you need to take the photo out of the camera. I did check the guide book but it didn't say anything about this.

Hope you are able to complete the adventure.
  • Gaya262Gaya262 Posts: 21
    edited November 2011
    Thank you for your reply, but as I've said in the original message, I've tried clicking the sim himself, but the "Deliver Photo" option wasn't clickable, it said I do not have all the required items in my inventory, even though I do. :/
  • ShardyVHShardyVH Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I just experienced this same problem for the first time. I was able to go to "View Photos" and drag the individual photos from the camera into my inventory. Weird thing was that the first photo I pulled out of my camera of the quest person didn't count, but when I pulled out more I eventually was able to deliver a photo. If nothing else works maybe you can just take a bunch of pictures, pull them out of the camera, and hope it accepts one. For some reason my game was being picky as to which picture it wanted, maybe yours is the same?

The photo that worked for me was titled "A Sim in the Area". I had another one titled "Two's Company" I think, and that one didn't work. So if you have something other than "A Sim in the Area" maybe that's the problem?

Hope this helps, I know how frustrated I was when mine didn't work.
  • GrlEEEEgrlGrlEEEEgrl Posts: 42
    edited January 2012
    This isn't a process issue - it is a bug. This did not do this before. Previously when I had this installed on another computer (pre-patches) I was able to take the photo and then deliver without moving photos- on this same mission. I have been all over the forums and loads of people are having the same issue.
  • Linda_8088Linda_8088 Posts: 9
    edited January 2012
    GrlEEEEgrl wrote:
    This isn't a process issue - it is a bug. This did not do this before. Previously when I had this installed on another computer (pre-patches) I was able to take the photo and then deliver without moving photos- on this same mission. I have been all over the forums and loads of people are having the same issue.
    Is this the same thing as tourist brochure pictures? I take a picture of a mummy or a floor trap, etc. as the quest requires but it doesn't recognize that I have the picture. It says 0/1. :cry:
  • GrlEEEEgrlGrlEEEEgrl Posts: 42
    edited January 2012
    I had both happen to me since most recent updates and this fix worked for both. I just finished the Queen quest - here is how I solved the issue:
    I dragged all of the pics of the person that I took out of the camera, but that still didn't fix it. I then deleted all the other pics out of my camera (although I could have just as easily moved the pics to my inventory). The instant I deleted the pics, the deliver photo icon became active and I was able to complete. I repeated the same process for the take a pic of a treasure chest quest.
    Hope this helps!!
  • Worden96Worden96 Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Thanks GrlEEEEgrl it worked!
  • SabreMelSabreMel Posts: 18 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Thank you sooo much! I had the same glitch, but taking a bunch of photos of the guy out of the camera and then deleting the rest of the photos worked! It did take two tries but it worked!
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited August 2012
    I found this thread looking for a solution to this problem as well. However, I didn't want to delete the photos in my camera. I had a level 10 photographer with several valuable photos he wanted to take home with him. So... I tried removing the camera from his inventory. It works every time. Taking the camera out of his inventory and replacing it immediately fixes/works around this glitch. At least it does for me. In fact, my photographer had two cameras in his inventory. It didn't matter which one I took out and put back.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Kbelofi38Kbelofi38 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    I know this is a dead thread, but for people having this problem in the future: I just had the same problem. All I had to do was take the pic off the camera, put it in my inventory, and rename it the same name as the guy in the pic.
  • vonHentzauvonHentzau Posts: 419 Member
    edited January 2013
    The thread may be dead, but the problem isn't. Thanks everyone for putting in ideas; when I get this quest again, I'll give those a shot. I never thought of naming the photo or taking the camera out of the inventory.

:D
  • ringthebellamyringthebellamy Posts: 6
    edited August 2013
    I'm so glad this thread exists. I had this problem as well. I was rather frustated I decided to drop this quest twice before I looked it up and ended here. Thank you so much for those who suggest some things I can do in order to fix the bug on the quest/ camera/ inventory. The whole 'delete photo' doesn't work for me, what worked was:

1. take the camera out of your Sims' inventory
    2. take the camera back in (I specifically make my Sims do action 'put in inventory' by clicking on the camera on the ground)
    3. take the photo out of the camera and drag it into your Sims' inventory

And that's how I got the quest done. All I need to do after that is click "Deliver photo". Good luck, everyone!
  • emzeo85emzeo85 Posts: 365 Member
    edited February 2014
    i am stuck on this bit and becoming rather annoying
  • FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited February 2014
    emzeo85 - What's always worked for me is, after taking the photo, I open the camera and click the "take all" button (I don't remember if that's exactly what the button says, but it's whichever command moves ALL the photos from the camera into your sim's inventory). Whenever I did it that way, it would let me complete the opportunity.
  • ekaltadetaekaltadeta Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    I know this is an old thread, but I've come across this problem many times, and I think I know the answer to the problem, and its cause.

The thing is, you need to take out of the camera the *very first* photo you ever took of the person or object of the quest.

So, if sometime in the past you already photographed them (or it) the game will only accept that original photograph of the subject.
  • masterson34masterson34 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, problem solved photo delivered, explanation of how I did it?

After long interactions following readings on various forums which deal with the subject "problem deliver the photo"

First take the photo of the subject to ask, the title, the title, the name of the photo must be the same that is requested for the mission (ex: A mummy!)

Photo taken is automatically put in the device to use (phone, camera), view the photos, the device inventory opens, choose the photo that interests us for the mission.

When I write to choose is to take it and move it on a wall or on a surface. For example my sim has a property in Egypt.

Close the open inventory. Take the photo move on the wall or on a surface, and place it in the inventory (the same one we have since the start of the base game, bottomless backpack)

The validation rectangle "Deliver the photo" is available.

Press "Submit photo" to validate the mission.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

Since this thread had been inactive since 2014 and had come to a natural conclusion, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

- Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top