Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A "did you know" post... For Pets!

Comments

• Options
    FrusturatedUserFrusturatedUser Posts: 484 Member
    edited October 2011
    blewis823 wrote:
    Yeah, the gnomes protest too. Someone posted on my facebook page.

308709_289628471054908_100000232716110_1115833_1851687905_n.jpg

Those aren't protest signs, they're only to control stray and wild animals on your lot.
  • Options
    Katiec0161Katiec0161 Posts: 18 Member
    edited October 2011
    One of my pets has 3 given traits and 3 learned traits, total of 6. More than the average 5 traits max.
  • Options
    Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited October 2011
    I had a bird and a cat... and the next thing I know my cat has a moodlet "tastes like chicken", her hungry was full and my bird was gone... =(

:shock: really?! I did not know that they could eat birds! thats sad she ate your birdie!
  • Options
    ilovesims38ilovesims38 Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited October 2011
    PolarBabe wrote:
    This one is good. There is a woman who lives alone with a cat in a stuffy frilly house. She is very frou frou. HOWEVER her bedroom is a little wild. She has all kinds of horse related equiptment up there, but she doesn't own a horse. She has commitment issues. It made me laugh.
    It also states in her pet cat's discription that she is scared to go upstairs becuase of "Thumping and bright red lights." Thumping, I wonder what that could be? :shock:
  • Options
    mickykoo11mickykoo11 Posts: 587 Member
    edited October 2011
    If you go into "options", you can now set the length of time of the life stages for each type of pet.
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know that Large Birds actually will get bored of your Sims if you socialize with them too often?

Did you know that Pets can't die if they get hit head on by a meteor?

Did you know your pets can have more than 5 traits via Behavioral Training?
  • Options
    RobECoyoteRobECoyote Posts: 267 New Member
    edited October 2011
    To ensure you ride a horse bareback (once you have the required Riding skill lvl to allow this), choose the saddle interaction on the horse, and choose the 'Leading' option, then mount.
  • Options
    juliadel707juliadel707 Posts: 99 Member
    edited October 2011
    I haven't gotten Pets yet, so I love reading all this info about it! Thanks, everyone :)
  • Options
    cleobabycleobaby Posts: 1,048 Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know that your dog can dig up things like maple leaves, snake skins, and bone fragments?

Did you know they can eat some of that stuff, but it makes them "Sick, From Eating Trash"?

Like a previous poster said, you can save the bone fragments and assemble them. I'm finding all the prehistoric/archeological stuff interesting...I would wonder what they're up to with the next EP, but I'm too busy wondering when they're fix this one so I can actually play it for more than 10-15 minutes at a time.
  • Options
    DaletheSimDaletheSim Posts: 430 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know that cats, I assume dogs as well, can use fire poles. I have some in my house, love those things. There was a graphic distortion at first but then she slid down the pole, standing up, by her tail is what it looked like. Once she got to the bottom, perfectly fine, graphics wise. I don't think EA anticipated them doing that.

294gdx3.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited October 2011
    DevilishFae - My stall is never dirty and I've been trying to get that since I started playing. Do I need to lock my horses in the stalls or something?

AbellaKellaher - When your horse needs to pee, select enter on the stall. Then click on the horse and select pee. It will pee in the stall. You can then use your sim to clean the stall and collect the fertilizer. Each time the horse pees in the stall you will come out with that many bags of fertilizer. In my case, I had a momma and her foal both in the stall, they did their business, then left. When cleaned I had two bags of fertilizer. Fertilizer varies on how good it is. There is a lifetime reward for horses that will make it so it's always high quality. KEEP IN MIND> If you have a maid, and she WILL clean the stall while she's cleaning the house. If she cleans it, you will not get the fertilizer. Hope this helps. :)
  • Options
    mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited October 2011
    I am loving this expansion. It's my favorite so far. Keep posting guys, I'm coming up with all kinds of things that I didn't know!

Did you know that if you plant a garden and put a fence around it with a gate, you can now lock the gate to keep only your pets out? You can also do it for all your regular doors. So if you have a dog that you only want outside, just lock all the doors. Locking doors for pets will not affect the household's ability to walk through the door/gate and it won't affect guests either. But it'll keep all the animals out.

Did you know that your dog can share a bed with you? I have a dog that only sleeps on the bed. When I allowed that in the sims 2, when the dog got up, it would wake up my person and my person was also unable to make the bed until the animal left it. This is not the case with this one. The dog getting up/laying down while your sim is sleeping will not bother them and you can make the side of the bed that you slept on while not disturbing the still sleeping pet. :)

Did you know that gourmet pet food will extend the life of your pet? No matter how old it is? I got all excited about the gourmet pet food and made all of it. Just to see what it was. I couldn't put it in the fridge (some kind of glich that has since been fixed) so I started to feed it to my puppy so I could get rid of it. After a couple days, it was about time for my puppy to age up so I checked his petology and he was still 6 days away! What?!? My sim was aging and my horse was aging, and I finally figured it out. It takes a couple of eatings for it to take effect, but if you feed your horse a few granola, it will add a day to life along, with the dogs/cats. So, be warned, feeding babies gourmet food will keep them babies forever. I don't know how to force an early birthday, like you can with the sims, so if anyone knows how to do that, I'd appreciate being told how.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited October 2011
    cleobaby wrote:
    Did you know that your dog can dig up things like maple leaves, snake skins, and bone fragments?

My cat got the snake skins & leaves from "Stalk for prey" too.
  • Options
    4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know... Ghosts now talk like normal sims but they have an echo-ey voice. They don't make weird noises anymore, or at least that's what i noticed when i watched my boyfriend play Agnes for a while
  • Options
    CatGirl88CatGirl88 Posts: 105
    edited October 2011
    Sgizzle09...

Has anyone ever told you that your avi looks like Jennifer Anniston? Because it does!!!
  • Options
    Westess13Westess13 Posts: 153
    edited October 2011
    That unicorns have the jump skill and the running skill completely maxed already :)
  • Options
    Nanabobo567Nanabobo567 Posts: 465 Member
    edited October 2011
    See my dinosaur thread and interesting discovery thread for more.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know a cat will get jealous of a newborn who just arrived in the house? Yep... "wants to hiss at Jimmy". Dialogue box was something like, "Don't you hate it when somebody thinks they're all that, strutting around the house, and it just gets to you? ..." Very loose translation, LOL. I forget how it went. But it did have something about strutting around the house. I thought that was funny, given it was about a larvae babe.

• Options
    SamacoySamacoy Posts: 446
    edited October 2011
    Breeding a unicorn and a regular horse results in foals looking exactly like their non-unicorn parent. At least, it does in my game.

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    TuppennyTuppenny Posts: 3 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Dogs will wake up your sim if they want attention. The dog in my household woke up at 3am, disappeared under the sims bed (where he was asleep) and woke him up to play.

Also, raccoons will go for your bins!
  • Options
    moritz081490moritz081490 Posts: 251
    edited October 2011
    Anyone willing to take a request, I do not have pets myself but was hoping to have some one take a shot at making a particular breed of dog. Please msg me for info if you are interested!
  • Options
    perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited October 2011
    I thought this was cool ... pregnant sims can't change the cat's litter box :D
  • Options
    Foxlylox29Foxlylox29 Posts: 514 Member
    edited October 2011
    KaliEyad wrote:
    Did you know horses and deer will eat your lettuce plants? So be careful what you're gardening! It's kind of annoying, but funny. So far I've only noticed it with my lettuce, I hope they don't eat everything...

Did you know you have the option to scold your horse for being a piggy if it eats your plants? She doesn't seem to learning not to very quickly.

My horses kept eating my plants no matter what kind of plant it was so i built a fence around my garden and put in a gate and there is a lock to pets button it keeps the animals out of the garden!
  • Options
    AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know that pets can change who their BFF is (and in a multi-sim family do so often) - kind of made me wonder why they added the second F lol
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know that pets can change who their BFF is (and in a multi-sim family do so often) - kind of made me wonder why they added the second F lol
    They should be BFFN - Best Friends For Now :wink:
    Origin ID: nik24x7