The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A "did you know" post... For Pets!

Comments

• Options
    AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    edited October 2011
    Otto - ahh yep that would be awesome. I certainly hope they implement that!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    DevilishFae - My stall is never dirty and I've been trying to get that since I started playing. Do I need to lock my horses in the stalls or something?
  • Options
    DilEMMAARRRDilEMMAARRR Posts: 515 New Member
    edited October 2011
    mithryndor wrote:
    And as for the did you know part... Did you know, if you own horses (I think this is what triggers it, not sure) these random horse garden gnomes will appear all over your lot in different poses. I carried some around in my inventory, unsure what to do with them, but they keep appearing... They are valued at almost $1k each.

But here's the best part. If you set the gnomes up somewhere, then come back later (I was going to show them to my husband)... they're GONE. They move! o_o They really freak me out! Other than selling them (which I haven't done yet) I don't know what they are for, if anything... horses can't interact with them, and all my sim can do is name them.

EDIT: Living gnomes... another hint at a mythical creatures pack??

I don't mean to burst your bubble but all gnomes do that, they've done that since the base game.
  • Options
    MouetteSheridanMouetteSheridan Posts: 441 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm pretty sure the horses and deer can eat all plants - I had my grape plant munched on by a deer. I'd just started a new household too, and it was a second generation plant - had to start over at Nice!
  • Options
    lilcasslilcass Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited October 2011
    mithryndor wrote:
    And as for the did you know part... Did you know, if you own horses (I think this is what triggers it, not sure) these random horse garden gnomes will appear all over your lot in different poses. I carried some around in my inventory, unsure what to do with them, but they keep appearing... They are valued at almost $1k each.

But here's the best part. If you set the gnomes up somewhere, then come back later (I was going to show them to my husband)... they're GONE. They move! o_o They really freak me out! Other than selling them (which I haven't done yet) I don't know what they are for, if anything... horses can't interact with them, and all my sim can do is name them.

EDIT: Living gnomes... another hint at a mythical creatures pack??

I don't mean to burst your bubble but all gnomes do that, they've done that since the base game.

:lol:
  • Options
    MAXoutMAXout Posts: 666 New Member
    edited October 2011
    That if you clean a stall, that's how you get horse fertilizer. It shows up in your inventory

Untitled-1-2.jpg

oOoOoo I like this! I didn't know about it until I read this post. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    hideyho28hideyho28 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Kittens can watch rats, but can't catch them. my kitten ran in circles playing with it's tail after watching a rat, so cute!!

My sims dream about big foot and dragons but they dont live in autumn town. I think this is just to make us wonder... smile people wanna know what your thinkin!!

watch out, snakes and turtles bite! Haven't noticed anything about it making sims sick yet, remember that happened in sims 2 pet with the gerbil thing? The cage had to be cleaned or the sims started hacking. So far only noticed a bad moodlet.

My horse will get tired of waiting on my sim if he chases after a wild creature and the horse will just start walking home by himself!

kittens play in the horses hay.

my sims can make granola treats for the horse, you can put them in the horse's inventory and later take them out and put them on the ground no sim needed to feed him
  • Options
    CloudyLuikCloudyLuik Posts: 77 Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know you can send you dog out to hunt up objects that they then can put together? ... Here is a pic of something odd my dog found. Sure are diggin' up alot of prehistoric stuffs! :)
    Screenshot-10-1.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,730 Member
    edited October 2011
    Stacrio wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    You can have a pet rock lol
    And apparently your real animal pets can "kill" it.

What? How do they kill a rock? LOL! I may have to try this in my game!

Yea, LOL, I think this sounds entertaining :-) But some real life dogs and cats can some times kill just anything, like a shoe. Must check :D
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    develishfaedevelishfae Posts: 151 Member
    edited October 2011
    DevilishFae - My stall is never dirty and I've been trying to get that since I started playing. Do I need to lock my horses in the stalls or something?

No, mine only go in to sleep at night.. it took a while to be able to have the option to clean it. I think the more time they spend in the stalls, the sooner they'll get dirty :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    hideyho28 wrote:

kittens play in the horses hay.

I love watching this - the little chirping/purring noise my kitten makes when he's rolling around in the hay tickles me to no end.
  • Options
    fensaturntreefensaturntree Posts: 536 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I had a bird and a cat... and the next thing I know my cat has a moodlet "tastes like chicken", her hungry was full and my bird was gone... =(
  • Options
    sterrasimsterrasim Posts: 154 New Member
    edited October 2011
    As far as the seasons thing, I use the free decor to make it feel a little like seasons. Right now I have the Halloween stuff, then I'll continue with fall stuff til I decorate my own house for Christmas.

This thread has been very helpful. I knew about some of it but the stuff I didnt is interesting. Im waiting for my game guide to come...UPS hurry!!!!
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know...you can go to the Equestrian Centre to offer your stallion for breeding and your breed your mare?

- When the foal is born their friendship meter will have the stallion name as their father and if you have another male horse that you own it will become the foals step-father :)

Oh and...the foal likes to nurse from it's mommy and visa versa. click on the foals icon and click on it's mommy :)

Screenshot-31.png
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    emakav2emakav2 Posts: 122
    edited October 2011
    the foal likes to nurse from it's mommy and visa versa. click on the foals icon and click on it's mommy :)

Oh, that sounds too cute!
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited October 2011
    It really is :mrgreen: i've put a picture up now :)
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    hanbihanbi Posts: 245
    edited October 2011
    free bump! I'm excited to play! :)
  • Options
    ClawswpClawswp Posts: 470 New Member
    edited October 2011
    That horses sleeping standing up and dogs and horses occasionally backing up before turning towards something are not bugs, but based on what the real animals actually do?

yeh horses sleep standing up, they lie down sometimes but often sleep standing
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited October 2011
    did you know you can put puppies, and kittens up for adoption useing the computer. found that one out yesterday.

did you know it does not matter breed of horse, for raceing and jumping, it matters the amt of training and rideing style they get.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Did you know that when you get your relationship high enough w/a unicorn the SIM chooses the UNICORN as his/her bff instead of the unicorn choosing the sim? thought that was interesting
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Did you know that if you own a unicorn you can mount it and then teleport on/with it?

Did you know that a pet unicorn can "cure" you?
  • Options
    Katiec0161Katiec0161 Posts: 18 Member
    edited October 2011
    The invite household option is back! Click on a sim in the relationship panel, and there are now three options: chat, invite over, or invite household over.

You can offer a stallion as a stud (to breed) at the equestrian center. You earn money doing this! But a unicorn refuses to be used as a stud.

I had a unicorn show up on my home lot with a couple other wild horses. Was able to add him to my family!
  • Options
    misspiggy555misspiggy555 Posts: 139
    edited October 2011
    I really need someones help with this, I have purchased the sims 3 limited edition for pets and i dont have the internet on my computer that has the sims 3 pets on it so how am i supposed to get the limited items that i PAID for without the internet being on that computer?? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2011
    Unicorns have a very long lifespan. Check it out if you have one in your household. Much, much longer than a regular horse.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    RobECoyoteRobECoyote Posts: 267 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I managed to get the option to clean the horse box after I'd had the horse pee in there (Since I gave the horse the steel bladder lifetime reward though, been unable to get the option again, even though the horse always naps in the box)

Actions your pet does can give it trait 'experience' This can be mitigated or enhanced by using praise/scold interactions on the pet. By using this, they can develop brand new traits (Edit: I originally thought they couldn't have more than 5 traits through this method , but they can)

You can register self employed at the Town Hall with the riding skill. It job levels up from cash earned by equestrian competitions, selling horses and money made from putting a Stallion for stud.

Small Pets/Wildlife can be a nice source of cash, especially early on. Just sell them from your inventory instead of putting them in a terrarium/cage or releasing them (Rustlers Hideout in Apaloosa Plains seems to be a nice location for rare snakes and lizards, it also seems to be a spawn point for rare and special seeds)

Horses can also eat seeds (Doing so encourages the piggy trait), but it doesn't seem to affect their hunger need.
    Post edited by Unknown User on