Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A "did you know" post... For Pets!

Comments

  • Options
    hanyohanyo Posts: 1,013 New Member
    edited October 2011
    That's Gracie Loveland. I married her. I didn't know about this until I read it here.
  • Options
    Laurita0326Laurita0326 Posts: 98 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know that the collection helper aspiration reward has been updated to show the locations of rodents, birds, turtles, snakes, and lizards in addition to the typical rocks, gems, bugs, seeds, etc?

    My Sim caught a pygmy hedgehog and saw a chinchilla but it got away.

    Laurita0326
  • Options
    KikionparasKikionparas Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited October 2011
    MissCarina wrote:
    PolarBabe wrote:

    This one is good. There is a woman who lives alone with a cat in a stuffy frilly house. She is very frou frou. HOWEVER her bedroom is a little wild. She has all kinds of horse related equiptment up there, but she doesn't own a horse. She has commitment issues. It made me laugh.

    I love her already and played her a bit last night. The funniest part is if you read her cats bio(yes some townie pets come with them! :D) it talks about her owners loud bedroom noises at night. :mrgreen: We know what she does with those whips on the wall.. haha!

    LMAO!!
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know there's a new painting of a dragon and also one with a sorcerers frog that came with Pets!!
    This is definatley a hint and when I say deffinately it's because I remember EA put a painting of a Unicorn in GEN and guess what the secret creature was.. A Unicorn!

    What do you guys think it could be..?
  • Options
    Gully_FoyleGully_Foyle Posts: 230
    edited October 2011
    sam123 wrote:
    Did you know there's a new painting of a dragon and also one with a sorcerers frog that came with Pets!!
    This is definatley a hint and when I say deffinately it's because I remember EA put a painting of a Unicorn in GEN and guess what the secret creature was.. A Unicorn!

    What do you guys think it could be..?

    They couldn't possibly be subliminal advertising for Medieval Sims could they?
    Nah EA would never be THAT devious.
  • Options
    solarfairy77solarfairy77 Posts: 265 Member
    edited October 2011
    ^ I hope this means that the next expansion is like making magic or a real medieval sim expansion since I think the other game is a flop. Here is to wishful thinking :)
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know that horses and unicorns can woohoo and get pregnant? There was a lot of back-and-forth regarding whether or not this would be part of the game. My white unicorn Coco is pregnant via Glint 3.0. Hooray! The foal should be born tonight when I resume playing the game. If it's a girl, she's gonna be named Audrey, of course! :wink:
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    RIppedGirlRIppedGirl Posts: 155 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's meant to be this way but...

    Did you know that puppies cannot climb up steps (or down steps)?

    Please correct me if I'm wrong in this. I played my Legacy lot last night and adopted a free puppy from the pound and the poor thing spent her first night outside because she couldn't step into the house (there is a platform-like foundation to the house.) My Sims were too tired to make friends to let them pick her up, so I just moved the bed and food outside. The next morning they made friends and they were able to carry her inside, but she still couldn't climb up/down steps to get to other rooms.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2011
    ^ ^
    This is true. Sims 2 Pets was the same way. A human needs to pick them up and carry them up or down the stairs and set them down.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    AlessarAlessar Posts: 276 New Member
    edited October 2011
    NotSoLucky wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    That's right! Appaloosa Plains has their very own Fire Station, Consignment Store, Junkyard, Salon, and even a Dive Bar!!

    Yea i loved that, but what about people who dont have late night or ambitions?

    They'll be able to use those ok. A lot of times when a new feature comes in a game, it's actually coming with the patch for the game and the actual edition just sells the first items. Like, Ambitions had the first washers but you can also get them from the online store or in town life stuff. You might have to tweak the dive bar to have public speakers, I haven't checked that. (In the dance club in Hidden Springs, it didn't have pro bars/speakers but you could add your own. They have to build expansion stuff to use just the base game plus the expansion itself).
    RIppedGirl wrote:
    I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's meant to be this way but...

    Did you know that puppies cannot climb up steps (or down steps)?

    That's deliberate. In the lessons it tells you that you have to help puppies with steps.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited October 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    Did you know that the Limited Edition version comes with its own Ambition and Late Night Lots?

    That's right! Appaloosa Plains has their very own Fire Station, Consignment Store, Junkyard, Salon, and even a Dive Bar!!

    I jumped for joy when I saw those. I was tired of those same Ambitions lots, but too lazy to build my own, lol.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited October 2011
    Alessar wrote:
    RIppedGirl wrote:
    I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's meant to be this way but...

    Did you know that puppies cannot climb up steps (or down steps)?

    That's deliberate. In the lessons it tells you that you have to help puppies with steps.

    Yeah, and I had a glitch yesterday where my sim couldn't pick up his puppy to bring it in the house. :roll: The poor thing was tired and hungry, so I had to teleport him inside.

    Did you know you can teleport your pets? lol
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited October 2011
    Rhian2005 wrote:
    Tw1st wrote:
    Did you know big dogs can cuddle puppies in the dog bed while sleeping.

    Did you know animals can drink out of the toilet.

    Did you know if you hold one of the minor pets (reptiles, rodents, turtle, bird) in your inventory for too long, it will escape, and then crawl around the lot for a little bit.

    Did you know once 2 pets try for babies, they become mates (with the little marriage rings by their picture in the relationships tab).

    Did you know you can woohoo in the hay stack.

    ^
    Likes this.

    Me too.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know that if you adopt a horse it shares the family's last name but if you buy a horse from the Equestrian center it's last name remains "Horse."

    Did you know that the water trough can be upgraded to "auto filling?"
  • Options
    AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know children cannot ride horses? SUPER bummed about this one.
  • Options
    VanticatVanticat Posts: 766 Member
    edited October 2011
    Alessar wrote:
    NotSoLucky wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    That's right! Appaloosa Plains has their very own Fire Station, Consignment Store, Junkyard, Salon, and even a Dive Bar!!

    Yea i loved that, but what about people who dont have late night or ambitions?

    They'll be able to use those ok. A lot of times when a new feature comes in a game, it's actually coming with the patch for the game and the actual edition just sells the first items. Like, Ambitions had the first washers but you can also get them from the online store or in town life stuff. You might have to tweak the dive bar to have public speakers, I haven't checked that. (In the dance club in Hidden Springs, it didn't have pro bars/speakers but you could add your own. They have to build expansion stuff to use just the base game plus the expansion itself).

    Actually, per one of the developers, the buildings will show up but they will NOT have the functionality that they would have if you have the other expansion packs.
  • Options
    AlessarAlessar Posts: 276 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Vanticat wrote:
    Actually, per one of the developers, the buildings will show up but they will NOT have the functionality that they would have if you have the other expansion packs.

    Oooh, that's a big change in approach for them. Thanks for the correction!

    I'm excited about the combo dive bar/criminal hangout though. I'm playing in Hidden Springs and the criminal warehouse is so out of the way that it makes you late to work every time. It's brilliant the way they hid it, but it's just impractical. So I think I'll delete it and make a park, and rely on the new lot.
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know that there's an option now on the LN Bouncer Ropes to Ban/Allow Unicorns to enter in a club? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Cat0EyeCat0Eye Posts: 4,629 New Member
    edited October 2011
    thanks for all these "did you knows" I learn so much from these threads!

    Alessar- I did the same thing in Hidden Springs...I could not stand how far it was so I hid it in the basement of a dive bar closer to the roads. Now there is a hidden beach with a magic fountian where the warehouse was.
  • Options
    CloudyLuikCloudyLuik Posts: 77 Member
    edited October 2011
    PolarBabe wrote:
    This is sort of unicorn-spoilery.

    So, some nights at a little before midnight (around 11:45pm), a unicorn appears at that waterfall park next to the water treatment place. It makes a noise when it appears, it can be white or black.

    You can offer it treats, offer it your hand to sniff, offer it produce (if you have any) and pet it or rub its neck. I've made friends with it, but not adopted it yet.

    There is a decorative building (doesn't seem to do anything) with a big t-rex statue outside. It's interesting, but I don't know what is the story there.

    This one is good. There is a woman who lives alone with a cat in a stuffy frilly house. She is very frou frou. HOWEVER her bedroom is a little wild. She has all kinds of horse related equiptment up there, but she doesn't own a horse. She has commitment issues. It made me laugh.

    Just speculation, but i think that dinosaur place is a hint of things to come. I read that the next expansion was something guys would like, and most guys like dinosaurs at some point in their lives. Also Bigfoot can be considered a caveman. What do you guys think? Dinosaurs for the next expansion?
  • Options
    ThelightuponusThelightuponus Posts: 169 New Member
    edited October 2011
    CloudyLuik wrote:
    Just speculation, but i think that dinosaur place is a hint of things to come. I read that the next expansion was something guys would like, and most guys like dinosaurs at some point in their lives. Also Bigfoot can be considered a caveman. What do you guys think? Dinosaurs for the next expansion?

    I have thought of that too, there's a few dinosaur items that are available in the other expansions as well. Nevertheless, it's fun to speculate!
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2011
    The Sim City games (precursor to The Sims games) had a Godzilla-like creature that would emerge from the sea, attack the city, then return to the sea. Would love to see that happen in TS3! I'm thinking the next EP will offer natural disasters like earthquakes, tornadoes, and such. Maybe we'll finally get weather!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    hardkandiehardkandie Posts: 77
    edited October 2011
    That would be really cool, weather and natural disasters ;) I miss weather alot, they gave us holiday decorations but there isn't a change of seasons that makes them usable...
  • Options
    KaliEyadKaliEyad Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    Did you know horses and deer will eat your lettuce plants? So be careful what you're gardening! It's kind of annoying, but funny. So far I've only noticed it with my lettuce, I hope they don't eat everything...

    Did you know you have the option to scold your horse for being a piggy if it eats your plants? She doesn't seem to learning not to very quickly.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2011
    CloudyLuik wrote:
    Just speculation, but i think that dinosaur place is a hint of things to come. I read that the next expansion was something guys would like, and most guys like dinosaurs at some point in their lives. Also Bigfoot can be considered a caveman. What do you guys think? Dinosaurs for the next expansion?

    Not likely. The dinosaur actually looks similar to a number of tourist traps in the Midwest, as well as some seen out towards Vegas. In fact, the one in Appaloosa reminds me a bit of Fallout: New Vegas, but I am also trying to remember where I saw one closer to it in real life.

    Now, the calendars you can decorate your home with...
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top