Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

* Reward * Offered for Fairy House or Cottage ** ANNOUNCEMENT in 2nd Post **

Comments

• Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited September 2011
    I have a home I think you'd enjoy! 40x40 Lots of plants, a garden and a shed!~ Even a 'basement' where you can make nectar! It's a 1 bed, 1 bath home but can easily be made into a 2 bed home if you use the work-out room~ :]

Overgrown Cottage
    Screenshot-132.jpg
    Screenshot-133.jpg

Exchange link!
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4548354

May I enter? :D
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited September 2011
    I have a home I think you'd enjoy! 40x40 Lots of plants, a garden and a shed!~ Even a 'basement' where you can make nectar! It's a 1 bed, 1 bath home but can easily be made into a 2 bed home if you use the work-out room~ :]

Overgrown Cottage
    Screenshot-132.jpg
    Screenshot-133.jpg

Exchange link!
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4548354

May I enter? :D

Of course you may...the more the merrier! I'll be heading off to bed in a few but I'll check to make sure that I have all the items on your lot before I download it later in the day.

Thank you for submitting your lovely home :)
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited September 2011
    MarLin114 wrote:
    Hey ZooProfessor3...I'd prefer not to remove your lot from the listing, if that's okay with you. There is plenty enough room on your lot to make a second bedroom when the time comes for Faire Faye to start a family. I added that I was looking for 2 or 3 bedrooms because some houses are smaller with one bedroom and no room to add a second. This is a contest of sorts, but with much looser 'rules' than some. With not much notice until the deadline, I'm thrilled that I have a lovely selection to choose from.

Have a great night :)

That's fine with me, I just didn't want to "cheat". :D

You are getting some good entries. I plan to download some of these lots for my own Hidden Springs neighborhood.
    oow785m
  • Options
    Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited September 2011
    :shock: :shock: This always happens to me. I'll enter a contest thinking I did okay then a million more people enter with much better houses. :shock:
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    PLEASE READ, IMPORTANT INFO CONCERNING THIS LOT (Overgrown Cottage):
    For some reason, this version of the lot I have uploaded has a pathing problem. If your sims are anywhere in the house except for the bedroom next to the bathroom, it will flail in frustration and not use the restroom.
    I HAVE A FIX: Please insert a door from the dining room to the bathroom. Problem solved~ I have tested all other routes on this lot and everything works fine except for this. :[
    Very sorry! I just found out about this now lol Oh well... a broken featured lot WOOOO~
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Thank you for the notice and fix Oilbasedoleander!

:D
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited September 2011
    Hi I guess I thought I would try. <=) But omg all these cute builds wow! =D

I made this lot awhile back.
    Not sure if it is what you are looking for. It doesn't have a garden, but there is room for one. =)

It is called 'Mystic Woodlands'. The fairies live in a 'Fairy Mound' Two bedroom, fully furnished and ready to play.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2129107

30311876.jpg

33027983.jpg

13316928.jpg

45497671.jpg

32037955.jpg
  • Options
    nedswifenedswife Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited September 2011
    Hi all, this is the first competition for lots I have ever entered and the first lot I have ever uploaded so you are not allowed to laugh ok? OK.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4603703

Faire Faye was looking for a new home. She wanted to settle down and get married but Mr Faire had not come along yet. She decided to look at houses while she waited for Mr Faire to come and sweep her off her feet!

The local Real Estate Agent sent Faire along to an "open house". Don't know what an 'open house' is, but I reckon it's worth a look said Faire. When Faire had left the Real Estate Agency, the Agent thought to himself, "self, that is one weird lot, there is something askew going on there".

Faire arrived at the lot and was instantly taken by the little cottage. "It's gorgeous she thought.

screenshot_original.jpg

Faire tried the front door and it was unlocked. She stepped inside and saw..... A Bathroom! "There's got to be more to this place than a bathroom" thought Faire.

screenshot_original.jpg

There was another door at the side of the cottage, I'll try that one thought Faire. She opened the other door and stepped inside and saw a set of stairs. Nothing else, just stairs so she went down the stairs and saw.....

screenshot_original.jpg

What a huge basement she thought to herself. I could store lots and lots of stuff in the deep dark depths of down here. I have my HUGE doll collection, and my HUGE spell collection which has been handed down from generation to generation ever since my great-great-great Grandmother started handing them down. Ok, let's see what else is upstairs. Up the stairs she went and saw.....

screenshot_original.jpg

Oh this is lovely Faire thought, Think of all the prospective husbands I can entertain here, I LOVE being outdoors and this is the perfect setting for romance.... Just then, as she lifted her head up, she noticed a tall hedge. Curious as to what was behind that tall hedge, she took a few steps closer and found a gap, so she stepped through and saw......

screenshot_original.jpg

A top notch kitchen, and through the other gap on the hedge, saw a lovely study. Ooh, think of all the gourmet dinners I can cook up for my prospective husbands thought Faire, this kitchen alone is bound to snare me a lovely husband. She took a few steps and found herself in the study. Oh look at that, there is a new spellbook just waiting for me, I'm sure this house was meant for me. Faire stepped back out into the hallway to have a look at the rest of the 'open house'. "Ooh, I love the fresh open air and sunshine on my face" she said to nobody in particular.... She turned her head and saw .......

screenshot_original.jpg

A children's bedroom, a nursery, a cozy living room and a beautiful Master Bedroom. Oh, this is perfect she thought, it's totally ready for the prospective family I am going to have after I've wined and dined all these prospective husbands! I think I'll go outside and check the garden so she went out through the front door/gate and this is what she saw......

screenshot_original.jpg

Oh goody, everything is already planted for me thought Faire, and it's ready for harvest. Just think of all the lovely dinners I can make for all my prospective husbands! Hmmmm I'm still considering whether this open house is the right house for me but I will just go sit on this seat over here and have a think.......

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Oh, it's so peaceful here, This house is perfect so I think I'll have to go and tell that Agent that this open house is now SOLD!

• Options
    edited September 2011
    This is exciting and I can't express in words how thrilled I am to see all of these lovely fairy houses in one place!!! {{{{{{ :) }}}}}

Thank you tic10175 and nedswife for entering your fairy/faire houses, they're adorable any fairy would be quite pleased to call them home.

The deadline for entering fairy/faire houses and cottages is today, in approximately 6 hours (7:00 PM USA Eastern Time). My selections will be posted tomorrow (Tuesday) as early in the day as possible.

Thank you all!
    :)

Edit to add: @nedswife: So very happy that you chose to upload your very first lot for this contest! And, this is your first contest :) Yeah!!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Thank you all for submitting your very fine, awesome, adorable creations! I will post the results as early as possible on Tuesday 09/20/2011. So, if you haven't thought about it too much already, decide what you would want if you had 500 SimPoints to spend at the Store.

See you here on Tuesday!

a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    nedswifenedswife Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited September 2011
    Can somebody tell me how to get rid of those black lines above and below my screenshots? I looked at a tutorial, and after I'd done it, it did make the width smaller, but not the height. This is what I did.

[img)entered url of pic here"width=600""height=450"[/img] - I put the ) symbol on purpose in the first here so it wouldn't think it was a picture.  I put a post up in sims and modelling and they said all I had to do was the "width=600" and nothing about  the height.  When I do the above, where I put the height as well, whatever height I put it doesn't change. Am I supposed to put a space in somewhere, or have I used too many " symbols?  Thanks for your help.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Winners announcement in 2nd post...everyone who submitted a home for Faire Faye please read :)
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    nedswife wrote:
    Can somebody tell me how to get rid of those black lines above and below my screenshots? I looked at a tutorial, and after I'd done it, it did make the width smaller, but not the height. This is what I did.

[img)entered url of pic here"width=600""height=450"[/img] - I put the ) symbol on purpose in the first here so it wouldn't think it was a picture.  I put a post up in sims and modelling and they said all I had to do was the "width=600" and nothing about  the height.  When I do the above, where I put the height as well, whatever height I put it doesn't change. Am I supposed to put a space in somewhere, or have I used too many " symbols?  Thanks for your help.

I hope that someone posts an answer for you Carol. I saw the black lines as frames for your screenshots! :)
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited September 2011
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    tlc10175 wrote:

You're welcome tic, and thank you! I did a sub for the last one...Enjoy! :D
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited September 2011
    You didn't have to reward us all. Thank you. If you want to get me anything either or both of these would be fine. Don't worry that it isn't 500 points. Both are in my wishlist.

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17203&categoryId=&back=categoryPage

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17177&categoryId=&back=categoryPage
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    edited September 2011
    I wish I had seen this challenge last week. Amazing builds every one. I plan on downloading a few and checking them out myself. I faved and reced the ops sim she is really pretty and I plan on downloading her later when I switch over to my gaming computer.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    You didn't have to reward us all. Thank you. If you want to get me anything either or both of these would be fine. Don't worry that it isn't 500 points. Both are in my wishlist.

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17203&categoryId=&back=categoryPage

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17177&categoryId=&back=categoryPage

You are so welcome DarkAmaranth1966, and thank you! I got you the blouse and skirt and with the remaining SP's I worked with your Wish List. Nice items you have listed! Enjoy :)
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    fleshjenn wrote:
    I wish I had seen this challenge last week. Amazing builds every one. I plan on downloading a few and checking them out myself. I faved and reced the ops sim she is really pretty and I plan on downloading her later when I switch over to my gaming computer.

The builds really are amazing, wait until you see the details in-game. I don't know who is going to enjoy the lots more, me or my Sim :) Sorry you didn't see the challenge before now. Thank you so much fleshjenn for the fave and rec! Faire is sweet and I really look forward to developing her skills and starting her off on her new Sim-Life.

a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Oh my goodness... Marlin114 you are so kind! But 500 sim points is actually quite a bit for each person~
    Uhm, I'd like 2 things :]

http://store.thesims3.com/productList.html?scategoryId=11866&sortCategory=newestToOldest&gender=female&startAt=30#

They're stacked right on each other! The Aurora Musketeer Shirt (white blouse, brown vest) and right below it, Faux Fur Accent (plaid jacket, white fur hood)

That's it for me! Thank you so much!!! *hugs* and everyone who entered did a fantastic job on their houses :] <3
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited September 2011
    Wow!! That is soooo nice of you Marlin!! I will have to think a bit on my list- will get back to you tomorrow with it?! Have some rl things to finish up today and have to work tonight :?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Oh my goodness... Marlin114 you are so kind! But 500 sim points is actually quite a bit for each person~
    Uhm, I'd like 2 things :]

http://store.thesims3.com/productList.html?scategoryId=11866&sortCategory=newestToOldest&gender=female&startAt=30#

They're stacked right on each other! The Aurora Musketeer Shirt (white blouse, brown vest) and right below it, Faux Fur Accent (plaid jacket, white fur hood)

That's it for me! Thank you so much!!! *hugs* and everyone who entered did a fantastic job on their houses :] <3

Hi Oiled! No fair, you don't have a Wish List on your page. Seriously, please add 350 more SPs in items that you would like to have. If you leave me on my own shopping in the Store...heaven knows! LOL. I'll watch for your addnl selections. Thank you so much for participating!

You're welcome and *hugs* to you :)
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Wow!! That is soooo nice of you Marlin!! I will have to think a bit on my list- will get back to you tomorrow with it?! Have some rl things to finish up today and have to work tonight :?

No problem or rush Judy, take whatever time you need. I have to go back to work tomorrow myself. I'll be getting home late at night Weds, Thurs and Friday but whatever it is that you want, you will get. Have a good night at work (yeah, right...lol).

a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited September 2011
    Thanks Marlin!! Yeah.... this overnight shift is not exactly fun!!
  • Options
    Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited September 2011
    OMG! :shock: :shock: That is soo nice! Sorry ti took me so long to get back to you, I was gone all day. Wow. Thanks so much! I'll be back with the items I want in a few mins. You're the sweetest *hugs* And congrats everyone else! You all had very original homes :mrgreen: