Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Copied/Stolen Sim or a Coincidence? Please Look at Pics to Compare

I was just checking on 4 of my Sims that I uploaded to see if they were gettng any love and when I opened the Exchange page to males...there was a sim that looked (to me) exactly like mine with changes made to the clothes, traits and weight/body. Either this person took my sim and re-uploaded it or my headache is affecting my vision. I am so bugged right now, mostly because my sim is part of a 9-11 Heroes Series that I've been working on.

My sim is on the left...

CopiedSim.jpg

Link to sim on right:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4550468

Link to sim my sim on left:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4549042
a.k.a. - Linda

Comments

• Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited September 2011
    Either it is your sim or not because to me EA's skin makes male sims look the same to me so I can't tell.
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited September 2011
    I can really tell either. The link to your sim is here...
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4549042
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited September 2011
    The cheekbones and eyes look very different.
  • Options
    ZephyrGirlSimZephyrGirlSim Posts: 475 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Instead of causing a ruckus on the forum, use the report button. If you truly feel that someone stole your sim then report it and let EA do their job.
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited September 2011
    Their face does look exactly the same to me. But it could be one of the EA default faces in CAS. I really don't know. Personally I wouldn't aggrevate yourself too much over it, but that's just my opinion.

When you put something on the internet , or the sims exchange, it is free reign. If they copied your sim or took your sim directly it Would be nice if they gave credit. But there's really no rule that says they have to. I would feel flattered that someone liked my sim enough to copy it.
  • Options
    Cheesey15Cheesey15 Posts: 307 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Instead of causing a ruckus on the forum, use the report button. If you truly feel that someone stole your sim then report it and let EA do their job.

Bit harsh?

It's probably a coincidence. Or he took it and edited it, you could always ask them, but I'd just leave it :)
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited September 2011
    Thank you blunote00 for correcting my link. I was in a rush when I posted them.

I pulled up each on a different IE tab and expanded the headshot. The eye colors are the same too.

:?

Thanks for looking...I just need to take an ibuprofen and move on. That guy is one I've used in games and use for some hair screenshots. I know, Sims too often do look too similar.

Edit to add: don't know what happened to the first page of this post. Thanks so much ZephyrGirlSim for seeing this post as me causing a ruckus. I'm not a ruckus causing person so your comment was a tad extreme.
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited September 2011
    It's not really the same. The faces are very similar but not the same. The eye colour is different (it looks like the hair color would be too), as well as the cheeks of their sim are less full and the eyes are a bit wider. The traits an outfits are different as well. The nostrils on the nose are more defined and the chin seems higher.