The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited July 2011
    The results for BnS 106-107 Summer Designer Showdown!! • Advanced are up here.
  • Options
    TsunamiGirlTsunamiGirl Posts: 995 Member
    edited July 2011
    Ok, so I found a couple things that I needed to correct with my house. I used half walls! :oops: I have since replaced them with fencing that looks better so I'm happy with that. I also found one item from an EP, I think ambitions. It still says that Ambitions and WA are required but I've gone over everything and can't find anything else. It must just be registering that at one time I did have those items on the lot. Oh well.

Another question, did we have cabinets with the base game? I can't remember and there is no indication that I can see in-game to let me know. I do have cabinets in my house but if they didn't come with the base game I will remove them before uploading. Thanks. :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Another question, did we have cabinets with the base game? I can't remember and there is no indication that I can see in-game to let me know. I do have cabinets in my house but if they didn't come with the base game I will remove them before uploading. Thanks. :wink:

Yes, there were cabinets in the base game! :D
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited July 2011
    Well, I am having a huge problem with my launcher. It is not letting me upload lots WITH sims. I get a message that reads, "Image files are missing, Please upload the asset having proper image files."

I can upload lots and I can upload sims but not lots with sims on them.

I get this even when I do not try to change any pictures in the image upload changer. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it? :(
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Official Entry

Name: TsunamiGirl

Link to Lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4403720

Link to Media: http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q280/Malikie24/Back to Basics/?albumview=slideshow

Level: Intermediate

Lot Size, Address & Final Cost: 30x30, 2200 Pinochle Point, §70,694

Lot Description & Details: Challenge # 108-109. This lot was built for Novak Djokovic from Serbia. The house has an open floor plan and I tried to give it some Serbian architecture. This is a one bedroom one bathroom home with an exercise room, small kitchen, fireplace, TV & bar area, outside BBQ area and a pool. The yard is fully landscaped with a fire pit and a large garden.

Constructive Criticism: Yes, please.

Credit To Simmers For Custom Content Used: No CC. :wink:

P.S. Removed the Pharoah's fence (WA) from media shots. It has been replaced with a base game fence. :P
  • Options
    scorpiophoenixscorpiophoenix Posts: 2,289 Member
    edited July 2011
    Brennachan wrote:
    Well, I am having a huge problem with my launcher. It is not letting me upload lots WITH sims. I get a message that reads, "Image files are missing, Please upload the asset having proper image files."

I get this even when I do not try to change any pictures in the image upload changer. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it? :(

I have the same problem. I also know another simmer, TenderWolf has the same problem. As of right now, I contacted EA, and I got no help. All I can tell you is hang in there and upload them seperately. I was at the point of uninstalling the games and destrroying the disks. So right now, no one has a fix for the problem. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Brennachan wrote:

Brennachan, it is not essential that your lot be uploaded with the Sim. I just wanted to see screenshots of the Sim living in the house. It's not even essential that you upload the house to the Exchange. The judges make their decisions based on the media presentation. But it is nice to have the house on the Exchange so that others can recommend it! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Official Entry

P.S. The lot says it contains items from WA and Ambitions but as far as I can tell it no longer does. Should be base game only items.

Your house looks great! In my glance at your slide show, I noticed that you used the Pharoah's fence (WA) inside the house. You don't need to change that for the uploaded lot, but if you wanted to, you could change it in your game and retake the pictures where that fence appears.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Scoiattolo wrote:
    Your house looks great! In my glance at your slide show, I noticed that you used the Pharoah's fence (WA) inside the house. You don't need to change that for the uploaded lot, but if you wanted to, you could change it in your game and retake the pictures where that fence appears.

:shock: I can't believe I missed that. I'll get it fixed right away. :mrgreen:

Edit: All fixed. :wink:
  • Options
    AquacattAquacatt Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2011
    Scoiattolo wrote:

Scoiattolo: Thank you so much for all the time you spend judging the challenges. You comments are detailed and helpful.

I may never match up to the expectations of landscaping popular here in these challenges. Where I live (northeast United States) houses are generally surrounded by expanses of flat green lawn with most ornamentation right near the house. But I sure love looking at all the "over the top" Sim gardens and yards. :D

This challenge was SO fun. I would have never done anything in a Victorian-syle without this impetus. My tendency is toward modern with minimal decor. Even in my real home, which is mid-century modern.

Also congrats to Kittkat7147. Loved your interpretation of the theme!

*edit for spelling
  • Options
    ZorraaZorraa Posts: 34 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Official Entry
    Name: Zorraa

Link to Lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4406158

Link to Media: http://wp.me/p1JCT8-p

Level: Beginner

Lot Size, Address & Final Cost: 30x30, $72,640

Lot Description & Details: This lot was built for Nduta Omondi. Built for this aspiring chef, it boasts a full kitchen, formal dining room for dinner parties, living room, two bedrooms and two bathrooms, and single-car parking. The home is fully furnished and landscaped, and includes a garden-area for Nduta to nurture her "green-thumb" trait. The decor and color schemes meet budget, yet play up on the client's favorite color, green.

Credit To Simmers For Custom Content Used: No CC, I think. I'm not quite sure what CC is...
  • Options
    katnicokatnico Posts: 15 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Scoiattolo wrote:

Congrats to Kittkat7147 as the winner. I think everyone had beautiful entries.
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited July 2011
    Zorraa wrote:

Credit To Simmers For Custom Content Used: No CC, I think. I'm not quite sure what CC is...

Zorra, CC means Custom Content. That line on our entry form is standard, but of course in this challenge you weren't supposed to use CC anyway! We're so glad you entered! :D And we hope it won't be two years before you enter again! :wink:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    My idea for the Back to Basics challenge didn't pan out when I was Sim-testing the lot. Tried to rework it into something else, but ended up breaking my game somehow. Rather frustrated at the moment, because the family I was actively playing is now broken, too. *sigh* Basically the entire Control Panel is missing. So the town loads, but there is no way to interact with the Sims.

I'll be giving this challenge a pass, but still looking forward to seeing everyone else's creativity. :D
  • Options
    ZorraaZorraa Posts: 34 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Zorraa wrote:

Zorra, CC means Custom Content. That line on our entry form is standard, but of course in this challenge you weren't supposed to use CC anyway! We're so glad you entered! :D And we hope it won't be two years before you enter again! :wink:

I'm hoping tp be more regular with the Build N Share-- I even started a blog to host my media, and my Legacy games I play....

So what exactly constitutes CC-- I made my own wallpaper (using an existing style and changing the colors in game, not create-a-pattern tool)-- is that CC?
    hmmmm....
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Zorraa wrote:
    So what exactly constitutes CC-- I made my own wallpaper (using an existing style and changing the colors in game, not create-a-pattern tool)-- is that CC?
    hmmmm....

You're fine with whatever you create with the Create-a-Style tool. For the purposes of the challenge, Custom Content is an object or pattern created by outside (of Electronic Arts) vendors or artists on sites like The Sims Resource or Mod the Sims (to name two of many). Hope that helps.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Aquacatt wrote:
    My idea for the Back to Basics challenge didn't pan out when I was Sim-testing the lot. Tried to rework it into something else, but ended up breaking my game somehow. Rather frustrated at the moment, because the family I was actively playing is now broken, too. *sigh* Basically the entire Control Panel is missing. So the town loads, but there is no way to interact with the Sims.

I'll be giving this challenge a pass, but still looking forward to seeing everyone else's creativity. :D

So sorry to hear about the problems with your game. :( It seems ironic that building something with base games items could lead to your game breaking. Hope you get your game back to running smoothly!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Aquacatt wrote:

So sorry to hear about the problems with your game. :( It seems ironic that building something with base games items could lead to your game breaking. Hope you get your game back to running smoothly!

Thanx for the sympathy, I'm sure everyone has had to deal with game issues at one point or another. Agreed that it's weird about troubles with a base game build. LOL! It's probably an unrelated glitch. :P But I'm fresh out of ideas for another build anyway.

In looking for solutions to the missing Control Panel problem, I found a possible fix... renaming the back-up file in the save game folder. Unfortunately that didn't work. Oh well, time to start a new family.

Good luck to everyone else!
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited August 2011
    How are those lots coming? Just two days left...
  • Options
    ha123ha123 Posts: 972 Member
    edited August 2011
    Official Entry

Name: Ha123

Link to Lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4419815

Link to Media: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=342440

Level: Intermediate

Lot Size, Address & Final Cost: 30x30, 99 Landgraab Ave, $48,087

Lot Description & Details: Challenge # 108-109. This lot was built for Motonari Uesugi. The architecture is designed to be similar to traditional Japanese architecture. It is decorated with a computer and several bookcases as well as plenty of garden space so he can spend time doing what he loves and learning the skills he needs for his job.

Credit To Simmers For Custom Content Used: No CC.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Official Entry

Name: scorpiophoenix

Link to the posted asset (link to lot): http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4421933

Link to media (required for judging): http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee466/Scorpiothephoenix/Modern By Nature/?albumview=slideshow

Optional Challenges entered?: None

Constructive Criticism?: Yes

Experience level: Intermediate

Lot Name: Modern By Nature

Lot address, size, and final cost: 67 Water Lily Lane 30 X 30 74,266 furnished/ 48,752 unfurnished

Details and Rational: I chose Novak Djokovic as my client. I wanted to do a modern style home for the client since the Serbian countries have a recent prominence of modern and ultra modern styles in their architecture. I used a lot of black since it is Novak's favorite but I softened it with more earth tones (sand, brown, plum brown and a pop of hydrangea blue). I also wanted to offer him a lot of spaces out of doors to enjoy the scenerey and even a covered pool to showcase the scenerey.

Credit to any simmers for custom content you used: None. Base Game Only Items.

• Options
    ladyCryptntladyCryptnt Posts: 156 Member
    edited August 2011

OFFICIAL ENTRY B-n-S #108-109 Back to Basics

NAME: Ladycryptnt

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4416328

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad46/Eveia/Build-n-Share-108-109 Back to Basics/?albumview=slideshow and/or http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/271751.page

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4416327 The Somerleaf was made for Nduta, 20x30, $ 69,898. The second half of the slideshow has the pictures of her home.

LEVEL: not sure

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x20/ 306 Skyborough Bld./ $63,681

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: The Hudson is a 2 story modern home with 1 bath and bedroom, coverd carport, small kitchen and den. Because Novak will spend most of his time outside I made sure to include a balcony off his bedroom, a second with lounge chairs to enjoy the view, a beautiful natural looking pool and a lot of things to do outside... items include a dartboard, grill, bar, coffee maker, fireplace and plenty of seating.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISIM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: none, all basegame items. I checked several times and the only reason I can think that said it needs an x pac is from a pattern, but I made sure none of them had the symbol :(
  • Options
    mens0067mens0067 Posts: 187 New Member
    edited August 2011
    For some reason I am having trouble uploading my lot to the website. I have shared my lot to the game launcher, and tried to upload from there several times. I will try again today, but what do I do if I can't get my lot uploaded?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    mens0067 wrote:
    For some reason I am having trouble uploading my lot to the website. I have shared my lot to the game launcher, and tried to upload from there several times. I will try again today, but what do I do if I can't get my lot uploaded?

You don't have to upload your lot to enter the challenge. The judging is based on the screenshots you take of your build and put together in your media presentation. You can use Create-a-Story on the TS3 website to make your media presentation or go offsite to something like photobucket.com. In any case, be sure to include the link to your media presentation.

Of course, it is nice to upload your lot if you can, so that we can all recommend and download it! Hope you can get the upload to work.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    OFFICIAL ENTRY B-n-S #108-109 Back to Basics

NAME: Ladycryptnt

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4416328

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad46/Eveia/Build-n-Share-108-109 Back to Basics/?albumview=slideshow and/or http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/271751.page

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4416327 The Somerleaf was made for Nduta, 20x30, $ 69,898. The second half of the slideshow has the pictures of her home.

LEVEL: not sure

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x20/ 306 Skyborough Bld./ $63,681

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: The Hudson is a 2 story modern home with 1 bath and bedroom, coverd carport, small kitchen and den. Because Novak will spend most of his time outside I made sure to include a balcony off his bedroom, a second with lounge chairs to enjoy the view, a beautiful natural looking pool and a lot of things to do outside... items include a dartboard, grill, bar, coffee maker, fireplace and plenty of seating.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISIM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: none, all basegame items. I checked several times and the only reason I can think that said it needs an x pac is from a pattern, but I made sure none of them had the symbol :(

The dartboard is a EP item so that may be why you are seeing that listed as a need.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top