Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    AquacattAquacatt Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2011
    Kittkat7147: Looking forward to finding out where you got the "pinned" Butterflies picture by your fireplace.

Tamlyn: I'm pretty sure I got that gear pattern from the Sims Exchange by typing in "steampunk" in the search. But now it's not coming up. The only other sites I used were MTS, TSR and Garden of Shadows.

I think there was at least one entry from each item. The house for the Blue Cityscape painting is the one with really tiny photos, so it's difficult to tell.
  • Options
    mgolden27mgolden27 Posts: 369 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I love all the new entries! Can't wait to download some! :)
  • Options
    LandaXLandaX Posts: 229 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I have a question about the new challenge, Bsck to Basics: Are we allowed to give our sims a makeover? As long as we keep the color scheme of their clothes the same?
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited July 2011
    LandaX wrote:
    I have a question about the new challenge, Bsck to Basics: Are we allowed to give our sims a makeover? As long as we keep the color scheme of their clothes the same?

Yes, you can give your chosen Sim a makeover—even change the clothes if you want. The real challenge is in building the house. But in keeping with the challenge, use only hairstyles, clothes, etc. that came with the original game! [No penalty, though, if you slip up and include something outside the original game in your makeover!] But please keep the traits, favorites and lifetime wishes the same. :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    LandaXLandaX Posts: 229 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Awesome, thanks!
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited July 2011
    Aquacatt wrote:
    Kittkat7147: Looking forward to finding out where you got the "pinned" Butterflies picture by your fireplace.

Hmmm... I think that's from an EP or SP... not sure which one. I'll look in game and see if I can figure it out.

Edit - nope, I've had it so long it thought it was game, but it's actually CC:

Apple's Silent Beauty Collector's Case :)http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/apple/downloads/details/category/sims3-objects-furnishing-decor-miscellaneous/title/silent-beauty-collectors-case/id/951995/
  • Options
    AquacattAquacatt Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2011
    KitKatt7147: Awesome! Thanks. :D
  • Options
    ZYIsSimsZYIsSims Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited July 2011
    I have to say I think I'm stumped lol. I've built several houses and none of them seam to fit the bill. :? This is a very challenging, challenge hehehe. Okies back to work..
  • Options
    TsunamiGirlTsunamiGirl Posts: 995 Member
    edited July 2011
    I really wanted to participate in the last challenge but my family had other plans. Needless to say, I am sick of hospitals and am very glad everyone is back to optimal health.

I had started the challenge but couldn't finish it due to too much stress. This challenge sounds like a lot of fun. I have picked my sim and have downloaded him. The house is well on its way to being finished. I've already had to go back through and delete some things because they were not from the base game. :oops: Today will be a long day at work but I'm off tomorrow and as long as everything goes as planed I should have all day to work on it. 8)

Good luck to everyone, this one is tough if you don't stay alert. :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I really wanted to participate in the last challenge but my family had other plans. Needless to say, I am sick of hospitals and am very glad everyone is back to optimal health.

I had started the challenge but couldn't finish it due to too much stress. This challenge sounds like a lot of fun. I have picked my sim and have downloaded him. The house is well on its way to being finished. I've already had to go back through and delete some things because they were not from the base game. :oops: Today will be a long day at work but I'm off tomorrow and as long as everything goes as planed I should have all day to work on it. 8)

Good luck to everyone, this one is tough if you don't stay alert. :wink:

Good luck to you, too! Can't wait to see what you come up with. :D
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    clovergoddessclovergoddess Posts: 126 Member
    edited July 2011
    So, if we've made our house, and our optional house, can we make all the optional houses? (haven't had much to do today, lol.) :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So, if we've made our house, and our optional house, can we make all the optional houses? (haven't had much to do today, lol.) :)

Of course! Just be sure to indicate which is the main challenge house, which is the optional challenge house and which are the "extra credit" houses. If you post links to them all with your official entry, we can all rec and download them! Have fun. :D
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    mens0067mens0067 Posts: 187 New Member
    edited July 2011
    OFFICIAL ENTRY
    #109/109 Back to Basics

NAME: Sarah

LINK TO LOT: (coming soon)

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/mens0067/Buildnshare 10809/

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30X30 74,937

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This house is for Montonari Uesugi. It is a modern 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom house, with a large library and garden. This lot uses a lot of neutral colors, so to add depth to the house, I used a wide variety of textures on the walls and furniture.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No Custom Content. Those were the rules! :)
  • Options
    TsunamiGirlTsunamiGirl Posts: 995 Member
    edited July 2011
    I'm having some problems with my home. I've completed it and uploaded it to make sure it was base game only but it says that there are items from World Adventures & Ambitions. I went back through the house and can find nothing but base game items. :? I did have some items from other EP's but deleted them, this may have happened after returning to edit town. I'm just wondering how accurate the exchange info is. Will it say there are items from an EP even if the lot no longer contains those items?

I've gone through the house selecting everything and checking it but cannot find the offending objects. :?

P.S. I deleted the house from my studio.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm having some problems with my home. I've completed it and uploaded it to make sure it was base game only but it says that there are items from World Adventures & Ambitions. I went back through the house and can find nothing but base game items. :? I did have some items from other EP's but deleted them, this may have happened after returning to edit town. I'm just wondering how accurate the exchange info is. Will it say there are items from an EP even if the lot no longer contains those items?

I've gone through the house selecting everything and checking it but cannot find the offending objects. :?

P.S. I deleted the house from my studio.

This is a tougher challenge than I realized it would be! :shock: If you make a good faith effort to build the house with base game items only, I don't think it matters if the Exchange says you have other items. No one will be disqualified for slipping and using EP or SP items, but assuming the judges find something outside the base game, they may consider that in their judging. (This is meant to be fun, after all—not frustrating! :wink: )
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I *think* that the exchange will say you need the EP even if you don't use any of the items from it. For example, someone who does not have Generations or the latest patch installed will not be able to install a lot made with Generations. Not sure if that's what's happening here, but it's a possibility.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    none of my patterns say they are from the expansions or from store stuff so I'm having trouble with that, I've been guessing at what came with the original but to be honest that's been a long time short of uninstalling everything I have no clue, I have been starting the game without installed content and just remembering to restart before I go on to the other stuff I'm working on.
    Had one great Idea but it didn't seam to work well with only base stuff lol so I'm rethinking that one. ^^

Edit:
    the Asian roofs they weren't in game till WA were they?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ZY - the actual Asian roofs weren't until WA, but fieryfemale had a technique for how to make them in the base game. I just looked, but it doesn't seem to be on the tutorial list anymore...
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    thats ok I decided to make a different house instead lol this is like my 10th or 11th ( lost count ) house I've built just trying to get one done lol I keep building and then the houses turn into something not even remotely for the challenge lol guess on the upside I have start ups for ideas later along lol.
    Thanks for looking that up for me ^^
  • Options
    ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited July 2011
    ZYIsSims wrote:
    none of my patterns say they are from the expansions or from store stuff so I'm having trouble with that, I've been guessing at what came with the original but to be honest that's been a long time short of uninstalling everything I have no clue, I have been starting the game without installed content and just remembering to restart before I go on to the other stuff I'm working on.
    Had one great Idea but it didn't seam to work well with only base stuff lol so I'm rethinking that one. ^^

Edit:
    the Asian roofs they weren't in game till WA were they?

In the description of the challenge, I mentioned patterns. The new patterns that came with the Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs are often not marked, so go ahead and use whatever patterns do not have a plumbob or custom content star on them. Don't worry about trying to remember what the original patterns were—unless you enjoy that particular challenge! :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    hehe okies, what about the half walls did we have them base game? man my memory sucks lol
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Sadly, no 1/2 walls until one of the more recent EPs (maybe Generations?). Although you could always use fences in place of true 1/2 walls ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hey guys donno if I'm gonna finish this one, not only was I having trouble settling on a house, but my Grandmother had what we think was a seisure this morning and now I'm stuck at the hospital with her but since she has had a second one since we got here I donno if I'm gonna have time to finish it. The nurse said they are gonna try to keep her here several days to try to figure out what is wrong with her. Anyways happy simming and if I have time I'll finish.
  • Options
    ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited July 2011
    ZYIsSims wrote:
    Hey guys donno if I'm gonna finish this one, not only was I having trouble settling on a house, but my Grandmother had what we think was a seisure this morning and now I'm stuck at the hospital with her but since she has had a second one since we got here I donno if I'm gonna have time to finish it. The nurse said they are gonna try to keep her here several days to try to figure out what is wrong with her. Anyways happy simming and if I have time I'll finish.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts and prayers are with you both!
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited July 2011
    ZYIsSims, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope she will be ok.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top