Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    KOman123KOman123 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited July 2011
    OFFICIAL ENTRY
    #104/105- the 1776 Diner!
    NAME: KOman123
    LINK TO LOT: Uploading now!
    LINK TO MEDIA: Album:
    http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m574/koman1231/1775%20diner/?albumview=slideshow

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 64 Westake Drive 105,00 (Approx)
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Built for Ben Franklin! I tried to use Red White and blue throught, mirroring it on anything i could, My red and blue are diluted with a touch of darker highlights, and i tried to put a modern spin on it! This beautiful home/diner was modeled after one of Bens earliest childhood homes, it does not exist anymore, but the blueprints do! Featuring: an entry way where you order your food, a bar/ tabletob seating area where you can watch your food being prepared! Tons of seating, an outdoor porch with dining, and upstairs balconies that look over the main floor! Parking is fit for 8!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of Course!

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: Shino KCR, for the bangkor kitchen set, thats it!

• Options
    ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited July 2011
    KOman123 wrote:
    OFFICIAL ENTRY
    http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m574/koman1231/1775%20diner/?albumview=slideshow

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Built for Ben Franklin! I tried to use Red White and blue throught, mirroring it on anything i could, My red and blue are diluted with a touch of darker highlights, and i tried to put a modern spin on it! This beautiful home/diner was modeled after one of Bens earliest childhood homes, it does not exist anymore, but the blueprints do! Featuring: an entry way where you order your food, a bar/ tabletob seating area where you can watch your food being prepared! Tons of seating, an outdoor porch with dining, and upstairs balconies that look over the main floor! Parking is fit for 8!

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: Shino KCR, for the bangkor kitchen set, thats it!

Nice job, KOman! :thumbup: I love that you used a real blueprint of Ben's childhood home. I'd eat there!
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited July 2011
    I am loving the two entries so far. I am working on mine and will be finished by the end of the weekend. I keep making little changes and then I am not sure if I like the changes, so I have a few versions of this diner saved -- lol. Happy 4th everyone!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Diner 1776
    OFFICIAL ENTRY
    NAME: Brennachan
    LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4288826
    LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l520/Brennachan/Diner 1776/?albumview=slideshow

LEVEL: Beginner or Intermediate. I am fine with either placement.

LOT SIZE ADDRESS: 64 Westake Drive in Twinbrooks
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Diner 1776. Classic diner decorated in red, white and blue. Parking for 4 cars. Bicycle racks for 4 bikes. Counter, booths and patio seating. Outdoor bar area. Cannons out front for the 1776 feel. Serves coffee, American fare, and Spine Reticulars(I have no idea if I am spelling that right!). Open 24 hours.

No third party CC used.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ZYIsSimsZYIsSims Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited July 2011
    OFFICIAL ENTRY

NAME:ZYIsSims

LINK TO LOT:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4288942

LINK TO MEDIA:
    http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/silviaBroome/104-105 1776 Diner/?albumview=slideshow

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: umm

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This is a small dinner with an American theme. It has a celler and a loft. There is a piano in the corner so that everyone can be entertained while dining. The diner has a walk in freezer and a grill for meats. On the loft there is a bar and a lounging area. Dual balconies give the customer the choice of sun or no sun.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:none

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Brennachan wrote:
    Diner 1776
    OFFICIAL ENTRY
    LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l520/Brennachan/Diner 1776/?albumview=slideshow

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Diner 1776. Classic diner decorated in red, white and blue. Parking for 4 cars. Bicycle racks for 4 bikes. Counter, booths and patio seating. Outdoor bar area. Cannons out front for the 1776 feel. Serves coffee, American fare, and Spine Reticulars(I have no idea if I am spelling that right!). Open 24 hours.

thats super cute!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    KOman123 wrote:
    OFFICIAL ENTRY

wow nice job!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited July 2011
    Brennachan wrote:
    Diner 1776
    OFFICIAL ENTRY

No third party CC used.

I put you in intermediate!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited July 2011
    ZYIsSims wrote:
    OFFICIAL ENTRY

LINK TO LOT:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4288942

LINK TO MEDIA:
    http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/silviaBroome/104-105 1776 Diner/?albumview=slideshow

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: umm

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This is a small dinner with an American theme. It has a celler and a loft. There is a piano in the corner so that everyone can be entertained while dining. The diner has a walk in freezer and a grill for meats. On the loft there is a bar and a lounging area. Dual balconies give the customer the choice of sun or no sun.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:

Do you want constructive criticism?
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
  • Options
    SillyCaileySillyCailey Posts: 374 Member
    edited July 2011
    Diner 1776
    OFFICIAL ENTRY

NAME: SillyCailey

LINK TO LOT: http://www.mediafire.com/?9cu90v3351r58nf

LINK TO MEDIA: http://www.slide.com/r/N7U2IzEy5D_X8BoOWFkTHY-3-KAQuhYc?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

LEVEL: Intermediate I guess

LOT SIZE ADDRESS: 20 x 30 - 64 Westake Drive in Twinbrooks

Final Cost:$ 94,177

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Ben's 1776 Diner - Ben has a very famous ancestor and is very proud of him and what he helped accomplish, so in Tribute Ben has decided to buy a Diner and decorate it in befitting colors of Red White and Blue. This is a retro style diner, with a classic style diner body - coverered in blue corrugated steel and aluminum stripes. It has Blue and White tile floors, Blue and White walls and that darn decorator even managed to sneek is some stars and stripes. There is a variety of seating available for large parties, families and small two seat dining for that special night out. There is homestyle dining available, and Beverly makes desserts fresh daily, if you are in a hurry or on the go - try our fast food menu or just grab a snack and run. There is also an outdoor patio to enjoy those warm evenings and watch the water dance in the twin fountains. Don't miss daily Happy Hour - from noon till closing - Linda makes the best drinks in town and don't forget the diner has a special bar menu - so be sure and eat before you drive. Oh and don't forget there is Wi-Fi for those working lunches. There is front door car parking and bike racks on the left side of the diner. There is also a couple of games near the men's rest rooms, just in case there is a line for the men's room. On Opening Night is was selected as a Hot Spot and the joint was a jumping.

Third party CC used.
    Cafe Break Set items from TSR- coffee machine, soda machine, Popcorn machine, Counter 2, Counter display's 1,2,& 3, Fridge, and Menu board
    ATS3 Kitchen Accessories - sponge and washing up liquid
    ATS3 Irish Pub items - menus and saucer and coins
    Hanging Ivy and Pansy by Mutske@TSR
    RD- Epica(wallart)05

Optional Challenge: one of my favorite pics - Opening Night at Ben's 1776 Diner, A town council member peeks in the window as Ben has just learned that his new Diner has been selected as a 'Hot Spot' for the evening and the party is just getting started.

picture link: http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae350/SillyCailey/BnS photos/optionalchallengecropped.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    KOman123 wrote:
    OFFICIAL ENTRY

Koman - what a novel idea - I love the homey feel and I love the variety of seating you have provided inside and outside - very nice interiors - great interpretation of the clients wants :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Brennachan wrote:
    Diner 1776

Brennachan - how very cute your diner is - I am a big fan of the classic diner style and you did such a great job on this one, the awning is a marvelous idea and I had to giggle at the cannons :D the fish tank windows are great and I love the way you did your booths, and the landscaping is lush (and I love lush landscaping) :wink: left you a rec :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ZYIsSims wrote:
    OFFICIAL ENTRY

Oh WOW ZYI - just gorgeous - I love your architecture - looks very Federalist period - the basement is a great idea and perfect for wine storage - your upstairs area is perfect for those special formal occasions - love the use of the columns and curtains - your first floor looks ready for a rowdy 4th of July party - great use of the colors - your balcony seating is perfect for intimate parties and your formal landscaping is perfect for the architectural style. Amazing job - left you a rec :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Brennachan wrote:
    Diner 1776

Brennachan - how very cute your diner is - I am a big fan of the classic diner style and you did such a great job on this one, the awning is a marvelous idea and I had to giggle at the cannons :D the fish tank windows are great and I love the way you did your booths, and the landscaping is lush (and I love lush landscaping) :wink: left you a rec :)

Ohh, thank you sooo much SillyCailey! Your diner is marvelous! I love the menu boards and all the fun stuff on the counters. Yours truly looks like a diner! It was so much fun looking at your slide show. I hope you have a happy 4th! Hugs, Brennachan
  • Options
    AnonymousMistAnonymousMist Posts: 133 New Member
    edited July 2011
    well I dont think that i will be able to make the deadline. I'll try but...no promises....sigh. i hate rl -.-
  • Options
    SerithReiSerithRei Posts: 271 New Member
    edited July 2011
    OFFICIAL ENTRY

NAME:SerithRei

LINK TO LOT:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4305465

LINK TO MEDIA:
    th_Screenshot-209.jpg

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 179,000

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I decided to go with a more historical look for my restaurant. On both floors there are bars and food registers so there's no need to go treking downstairs to order your meal. I've mainly used heavy wood furniture and wooden floors throughout the build and and have decorated the entire interior in the colours of my country (green, white and gold). I added a patio area out front with two small balconies that are attached to the vip rooms for the celeb sims in your town. The vip rooms come equipped with dance floors and smoke machines. ;)

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    SerithRei wrote:
    OFFICIAL ENTRY

LINK TO LOT:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4305465

LINK TO MEDIA:
    th_Screenshot-209.jpg

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 179,000

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I decided to go with a more historical look for my restaurant. On both floors there are bars and food registers so there's no need to go treking downstairs to order your meal. I've mainly used heavy wood furniture and wooden floors throughout the build and and have decorated the entire interior in the colours of my country (green, white and gold). I added a patio area out front with two small balconies that are attached to the vip rooms for the celeb sims in your town. The vip rooms come equipped with dance floors and smoke machines. ;)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

This lot is beautiful! I love the historic feel and the colors!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Brennachan wrote:
    This lot is beautiful! I love the historic feel and the colors!
    Thanks so much! I really like your diner too, love the 50's feel to it. Rec'd it.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    SerithRei wrote:
    OFFICIAL ENTRY

SerithRei You have not lost your touch - it has been a while since I participated in a BnS and I always admired your work - you have still got it. I love the upscale style you have used and the colors really work so great - fabulous job - left you a rec :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    SerithRei You have not lost your touch - it has been a while since I participated in a BnS and I always admired your work - you have still got it. I love the upscale style you have used and the colors really work so great - fabulous job - left you a rec :)

Thank you! :D Your lot is awesome, the level of detail is fantastic and I love the landscaping as well. It really looks like a proper working diner, wish I could rec it.
  • Options
    clovergoddessclovergoddess Posts: 126 Member
    edited July 2011
    OFFICIAL ENTRY

NAME:Clovergoddess

LINK TO LOT:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4308068

LINK TO MEDIA:
    http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee12/Clovergoddess/Sims3/1776%20Diner/

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 64 Westlake Drive in Twinbrook (community lot)

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Oy, it's been awhile since I have had a chance to play Sims. I decided to start with something simple, since it's likely to have been almost a year since I was able to play. Basic Americana diner with outdoor dining and entertainment area including bar and stage for band. (the dark counters are supposed to be stoves btw, lol)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    OFFICIAL ENTRY

NAME:Clovergoddess

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Oy, it's been awhile since I have had a chance to play Sims. I decided to start with something simple, since it's likely to have been almost a year since I was able to play. Basic Americana diner with outdoor dining and entertainment area including bar and stage for band. (the dark counters are supposed to be stoves btw, lol)

CloverGoddess - how cute - I love that pattern you used on the wall - it is one of my fav's, very nice booths - like the way you did those. I like the way you put an entertainment stage area outdoors with the patio dining - music is important for a diner :) I was wondering about those dark counters - I sure wish EA would let us put stoves on community lots or give us those cooking stations like in TS2. Left you a rec - great job :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Brennachan wrote:
    Brennachan wrote:
    Diner 1776

Ohh, thank you sooo much SillyCailey! Your diner is marvelous! I love the menu boards and all the fun stuff on the counters. Yours truly looks like a diner! It was so much fun looking at your slide show. I hope you have a happy 4th! Hugs, Brennachan

Thank you Brennachan - I am kind of a cc addict and that is where the menu boards and table clutter comes from - I really think it looks more realistic with some clutter. Glad you enjoyed the slide show - I see we share Beverly and it looks like Ben really likes dancing with her :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top