We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life time reward: Child-age clone of your sim

Been wondering why there is this life time reward in Generations, I wouldnt want a clone of my sim child, but interested to know who would want a clone and why?

Comments

• amyn123amyn123 Posts: 643 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, I've seen this LTR mentioned a few times and it seems quite pointless to me. Maybe it's for people who really like their Sim but they don't have children?
  • Bellom27Bellom27 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Allct222 wrote:
    Been wondering why there is this life time reward in Generations, I wouldnt want a clone of my sim child, but interested to know who would want a clone and why?

You know, that would be something to look forward to for Generations and actually wanted for a while. I personally like the idea of making a clone of a person and I would probably do it all the time, since I have some Sims I just don't want to lose to death. Of course I could just make a simbot with the same personality or use ambrosia, but I like to go about things creativly. So yeah, I personally like cloning.
  • Allct222Allct222 Posts: 610 Member
    edited May 2011
    Amyn123- It must be for those who maybe also dont want to go throught the baby and toddler stage!! :wink:

Bellom27- glad some people will have a use for this and that some people do like cloning. A simbot is too mechanical, so this way you will have a exact copy of your sim! :-)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,334 Member
    edited May 2011
    I'm going to test that with a test family and see what happens. Maybe I'll do it with Morganda Wolffe.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited May 2011
    My Mum and I have a tendency to clone our favourites and use them in several different games :lol: This is one lifetime reward I'll find a use for! :mrgreen:
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • JohanFoppaJohanFoppa Posts: 1,084 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Bellom27 wrote:
    Allct222 wrote:

You know, that would be something to look forward to for Generations and actually wanted for a while. I personally like the idea of making a clone of a person and I would probably do it all the time, since I have some Sims I just don't want to lose to death. Of course I could just make a simbot with the same personality or use ambrosia, but I like to go about things creativly. So yeah, I personally like cloning.
    In Generations you can use a "young again" potion that you can make from the chemistry set.
    Ambrosia can be used to reduce the age of the current age and you can use ambrosia to resurrect a ghost if it has already died, then make a potion

I think Child-age clone will be overpowered, my sim got max in almost everything :s
  • RainbowBluesRainbowBlues Posts: 319
    edited May 2011
    This sounds cool to me ;) Might make for some interesting legacies :L

In TS2, I would leave a family completely when I got bored, rather than turn aging back on and let them get old and die :L
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Aqua3197Aqua3197 Posts: 286 Member
    edited May 2011
    I think this is a very cool lifetime reward. My question is if you use it will you be able to name it and will it appear as a daughter/son to your sim you cloned? But other than that I think it is super cool. I might try it ! :mrgreen:
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,507 Member
    edited May 2011
    I wonder if I can clone my Humanoid Simbots. :?:

I could pretend that Simbots have some DNA material in their construction and that they are modeled after their DNA donor. That DNA can be used to create a clone and my Humanoid Simbot could raise a child.

But that's only if the LTR is available to Simbots...which probably isn't likely. :P
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited May 2011
    I wonder how this works for lifestates, but I am really looking forward to this.
  • MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited May 2011
    I guess it is good for people who don't want to use mods. You can already save a copy of your Sim and go into CAS and make them a child(or any age besides baby) and them add them to your household. with mods you can make them related.

I wonder if the child will keep the adults skills or not.
  • AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited May 2011
    I think it's kinda weird but kinda cool. I'll probably try it out at least once.
  • MaddparrotMaddparrot Posts: 471 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I know!
    I will make an army of clones and rule the town! (Insert maniacal laugh here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDmb4YQqizQ )
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited May 2011
    I thought it was more a clone of your sim, like adult sim that is then a child. Like Dad, Frank, decides he wants to clone himself, but when he does the clone is in child stage. Or am I misreading this? I'm looking for the references now :)
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited May 2011
    I read some interview and it said there was going to be 2 new ones called age freeze and young again, but i'm not for sure.
  • AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited May 2011
    I thought it was more a clone of your sim, like adult sim that is then a child. Like Dad, Frank, decides he wants to clone himself, but when he does the clone is in child stage. Or am I misreading this? I'm looking for the references now :)

You're correct. I think the OP is misunderstanding it.
  • uidabbey1uidabbey1 Posts: 273 Member
    edited May 2011
    Clone sounds great if you want to concentrate all your effort on your career or life time wish and don't wish to marry and have kids. This would be the ultimate way to do the life a different way.

I could see this happening. It will be fun.
  • SasukemoonstarSasukemoonstar Posts: 66 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Personally i like the idea of cloning in let the people like me who want to create a scientist type sim. Begin some sim cloneing experiments :mrgreen:
  • Maximilian1996Maximilian1996 Posts: 1,412 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Do they lose all their skill points when you clone them?